Noob DM question. Help!?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noob DM question. Help!?

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times

Noob DM question. Help!?

OK. I have the Premium version of DocumentsToGo (v1.07 I think) on my Tour. I created a theme this afternoon as a test and tried to load it through the Desktop Manager software. I added it through the "browse" option, but my list of available apps shows DocumentsToGo 1.06. I have no option but to either remove or downgrade, and it doesn't show my 1.07 version.

So, I thought it's only talking about the old one in the ROM? I ran through and it uninstalled my Premium version, or downgraded it.

How the heck do I get it to leave my existing apps alone when I want to add something new???

sunkast Guest
    Not too sure about this one.. Have you tried renaming the OS folder? IE: go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and rename the OS folder in there.

yourfriendwayned is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow yourfriendwayned On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Not too sure about this one.. Have you tried renaming the OS folder? IE: go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and rename the OS folder in there.
    I would also suggest using BBSAK to backup your applications just as a precaution so you will ALWAYS have your apps to restore... SUNKAST might be right on about renaming.. if you get further into it or anything new let the forum know!
    Visit www.WJDDesigns.com (Mobile Friendly) for All things Berry,Tech Blogs, and my Recent Theme News!
    Thanks to everyone who has purchased WJD Designs Premium themes YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Looked and looked for that folder. It's nowhere to be found. Well, on this end anyway LOL... I made sure hidden files and folders were visible and didn't hide OS files. I never found the "Shared" folder.

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendwayned View Post
    I would also suggest using BBSAK to backup your applications just as a precaution so you will ALWAYS have your apps to restore... SUNKAST might be right on about renaming.. if you get further into it or anything new let the forum know!
    Thanks for the tip. I downloaded BBSAK and feel a little better about things!

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    Looked and looked for that folder. It's nowhere to be found. Well, on this end anyway LOL... I made sure hidden files and folders were visible and didn't hide OS files. I never found the "Shared" folder.
    What OS are you running on your computer? The (x86) on the end of Program Files is because I am running a 64bit version of windows. If you are running only a 32bit version, you will only see Program Files.

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    OK. I have the Premium version of DocumentsToGo (v1.07 I think) on my Tour. I created a theme this afternoon as a test and tried to load it through the Desktop Manager software. I added it through the "browse" option, but my list of available apps shows DocumentsToGo 1.06. I have no option but to either remove or downgrade, and it doesn't show my 1.07 version.

So, I thought it's only talking about the old one in the ROM? I ran through and it uninstalled my Premium version, or downgraded it.

How the heck do I get it to leave my existing apps alone when I want to add something new???
    Whoa--
    First,, unless you paid the big bucks to upgrade to the Premium versions, you do not have them.
    Ver. 1.07 is an update of the standard version but not the Premium.
    But before you do ANYTHING, please be aware that the actual module number for ver 1.07 is: 1.006.052. At least this is the case on the Storm You may not have a real problem here. Hope this is helpful.

But, on the outside chance you actually are trying to get the "Premium" version back, you should be able to redownload it from Davitz (assuming you paid for it).
    Last edited by toytooii; 08-31-2009 at 03:54 PM.

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    What OS are you running on your computer? The (x86) on the end of Program Files is because I am running a 64bit version of windows. If you are running only a 32bit version, you will only see Program Files.
    32bit Vista. Searched again and no luck Ummm I am wearing my glasses...

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Whoa--
    First,, unless you paid the big bucks to upgrade to the Premium versions, you do not have them.
    Ver. 1.07 is an update of the standard version but not the Premium.
    But before you do ANYTHING, please be aware that the actual module number for ver 1.07 is: 1.006.052. At least this is the case on the Storm You may not have a real problem here. Hope this is helpful.

But, on the outside chance you actually are trying to get the "Premium" version back, you should be able to redownload it from Davitz (assuming you paid for it).
    I haven't looked at the "actual" version number. I had no idea there was a different one, other than what it showed on the device. And it's the whopper, lay some money down premium version. I'm able to re-download the app, it's just a pain to have too.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I haven't looked at the "actual" version number. I had no idea there was a different one, other than what it showed on the device. And it's the whopper, lay some money down premium version. I'm able to re-download the app, it's just a pain to have too.
    okay---thought OTA redownload might be the simplest since it is, indeed the Premium you are trying to get back onto the device. Hope it works out.

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    okay---thought OTA redownload might be the simplest since it is, indeed the Premium you are trying to get back onto the device. Hope it works out.
    Well I haven't fixed the DM issues. It still tried to either remove or downgrade other software while I'm installing something else. I'm using BBSAK now for most of what I need. I'm still not quite sure what some of the differences are in files (i.e. cod, jad, jar, alx, etc.) but I'm getting there.

sunkast Guest
    Do you have an OS for your phone installed on your computer?

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Do you have an OS for your phone installed on your computer?
    Yeah I do. I have the latest from Verizon and tried it with and without. I installed the .191 leak and tried it with and without. Nada...I think I simply need to reinstall DM LOL

OH it's DM ver. 5.0. Problem?

sunkast Guest
    I'm still thinking you just need to rename the OS folder.. Try doing a search on your computer for Loader Files folder.

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    I'm still thinking you just need to rename the OS folder.. Try doing a search on your computer for Loader Files folder.
    OK I'm working on it this evening. Rename it to anything I want? Just as long as it isn't whatever it is now?

sunkast Guest
    OK I'm working on it this evening. Rename it to anything I want? Just as long as it isn't whatever it is now?
    Yeah, just put like the letter A at the beginning of the folder's name.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, at the risk of being entirely fundamental....
    After downloading the OS, I assume you then ran it. If you aren't seeing "loader files" as a sub directory of Shared (or you aren't seeing "shared") the installation was either incomplete or failed. Did you reboot your PC after running the install of the downloaded OS? If not, many have found that is often required in order for the installation to be finalized. Other than that, sorry....I'm clueless. Oh, I also use DM 5.0 without issue and you also should be rebooting your PC after you install it initially. On some versions, a reboot message comes up...on others it wasn't there. I think it does show on 5.0.

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Well, at the risk of being entirely fundamental....
    After downloading the OS, I assume you then ran it. If you aren't seeing "loader files" as a sub directory of Shared (or you aren't seeing "shared") the installation was either incomplete or failed. Did you reboot your PC after running the install of the downloaded OS? If not, many have found that is often required in order for the installation to be finalized. Other than that, sorry....I'm clueless. Oh, I also use DM 5.0 without issue and you also should be rebooting your PC after you install it initially. On some versions, a reboot message comes up...on others it wasn't there. I think it does show on 5.0.
    I rebooted after each install and removal. Right now for example, I went back to 4.7.1.40 (Noooo I can't stop playing). After removing 5.0 I did a restart. I then installed the Verizon OS (4.7) and restarted again. I've restored the phone with BBSAK like they said (which is a brilliant BRILLIANT tool). Everything went great. However, I went to load one of Natemz' themes and one of my own through DM and it again removed DocumentsToGo after I re-installed after the restore. The only options I had under DocumentsToGo were "Remove" or "Downgrade". It installed the themes, but removed DTG. I've reinstalled AGAIN and connected, then went to add something else (nothing really, just checking the software) and it again had either "Remove" or "Downgrade". Grrrrrrrr no clue what I'm doing wrong. I'm almost ready to let one of you RDP in and see for yourselves LOL...

sunkast Guest
    I rebooted after each install and removal. Right now for example, I went back to 4.7.1.40 (Noooo I can't stop playing). After removing 5.0 I did a restart. I then installed the Verizon OS (4.7) and restarted again. I've restored the phone with BBSAK like they said (which is a brilliant BRILLIANT tool). Everything went great. However, I went to load one of Natemz' themes and one of my own through DM and it again removed DocumentsToGo after I re-installed after the restore. The only options I had under DocumentsToGo were "Remove" or "Downgrade". It installed the themes, but removed DTG. I've reinstalled AGAIN and connected, then went to add something else (nothing really, just checking the software) and it again had either "Remove" or "Downgrade". Grrrrrrrr no clue what I'm doing wrong. I'm almost ready to let one of you RDP in and see for yourselves LOL...
    If you do that, I'd recommend TeamViewer over RDP.

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    If you do that, I'd recommend TeamViewer over RDP.
    LOL if I can't find a solution I'll try that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast