Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 44

  1. #1
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937

    Noob DM question. Help!?

    OK. I have the Premium version of DocumentsToGo (v1.07 I think) on my Tour. I created a theme this afternoon as a test and tried to load it through the Desktop Manager software. I added it through the "browse" option, but my list of available apps shows DocumentsToGo 1.06. I have no option but to either remove or downgrade, and it doesn't show my 1.07 version.

    So, I thought it's only talking about the old one in the ROM? I ran through and it uninstalled my Premium version, or downgraded it.

    How the heck do I get it to leave my existing apps alone when I want to add something new???




  2. #2
    sunkast Guest
    Not too sure about this one.. Have you tried renaming the OS folder? IE: go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and rename the OS folder in there.

  3. #3
    yourfriendwayned's Avatar
    yourfriendwayned is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow yourfriendwayned On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.191
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Not too sure about this one.. Have you tried renaming the OS folder? IE: go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and rename the OS folder in there.
    I would also suggest using BBSAK to backup your applications just as a precaution so you will ALWAYS have your apps to restore... SUNKAST might be right on about renaming.. if you get further into it or anything new let the forum know!

  4. #4
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Not too sure about this one.. Have you tried renaming the OS folder? IE: go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and rename the OS folder in there.
    Looked and looked for that folder. It's nowhere to be found. Well, on this end anyway LOL... I made sure hidden files and folders were visible and didn't hide OS files. I never found the "Shared" folder.

  5. #5
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendwayned View Post
    I would also suggest using BBSAK to backup your applications just as a precaution so you will ALWAYS have your apps to restore... SUNKAST might be right on about renaming.. if you get further into it or anything new let the forum know!
    Thanks for the tip. I downloaded BBSAK and feel a little better about things!

  6. #6
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    Looked and looked for that folder. It's nowhere to be found. Well, on this end anyway LOL... I made sure hidden files and folders were visible and didn't hide OS files. I never found the "Shared" folder.
    What OS are you running on your computer? The (x86) on the end of Program Files is because I am running a 64bit version of windows. If you are running only a 32bit version, you will only see Program Files.

  7. #7
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    OK. I have the Premium version of DocumentsToGo (v1.07 I think) on my Tour. I created a theme this afternoon as a test and tried to load it through the Desktop Manager software. I added it through the "browse" option, but my list of available apps shows DocumentsToGo 1.06. I have no option but to either remove or downgrade, and it doesn't show my 1.07 version.

    So, I thought it's only talking about the old one in the ROM? I ran through and it uninstalled my Premium version, or downgraded it.

    How the heck do I get it to leave my existing apps alone when I want to add something new???
    Whoa--
    First,, unless you paid the big bucks to upgrade to the Premium versions, you do not have them.
    Ver. 1.07 is an update of the standard version but not the Premium.
    But before you do ANYTHING, please be aware that the actual module number for ver 1.07 is: 1.006.052. At least this is the case on the Storm You may not have a real problem here. Hope this is helpful.

    But, on the outside chance you actually are trying to get the "Premium" version back, you should be able to redownload it from Davitz (assuming you paid for it).
    Last edited by toytooii; 08-31-2009 at 02:54 PM.

  8. #8
    TemperamentalMan's Avatar
    TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    What OS are you running on your computer? The (x86) on the end of Program Files is because I am running a 64bit version of windows. If you are running only a 32bit version, you will only see Program Files.
    32bit Vista. Searched again and no luck Ummm I am wearing my glasses...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •