Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Well, at the risk of being entirely fundamental....
    After downloading the OS, I assume you then ran it. If you aren't seeing "loader files" as a sub directory of Shared (or you aren't seeing "shared") the installation was either incomplete or failed. Did you reboot your PC after running the install of the downloaded OS? If not, many have found that is often required in order for the installation to be finalized. Other than that, sorry....I'm clueless. Oh, I also use DM 5.0 without issue and you also should be rebooting your PC after you install it initially. On some versions, a reboot message comes up...on others it wasn't there. I think it does show on 5.0.

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Well, at the risk of being entirely fundamental....
    After downloading the OS, I assume you then ran it. If you aren't seeing "loader files" as a sub directory of Shared (or you aren't seeing "shared") the installation was either incomplete or failed. Did you reboot your PC after running the install of the downloaded OS? If not, many have found that is often required in order for the installation to be finalized. Other than that, sorry....I'm clueless. Oh, I also use DM 5.0 without issue and you also should be rebooting your PC after you install it initially. On some versions, a reboot message comes up...on others it wasn't there. I think it does show on 5.0.
    I rebooted after each install and removal. Right now for example, I went back to 4.7.1.40 (Noooo I can't stop playing). After removing 5.0 I did a restart. I then installed the Verizon OS (4.7) and restarted again. I've restored the phone with BBSAK like they said (which is a brilliant BRILLIANT tool). Everything went great. However, I went to load one of Natemz' themes and one of my own through DM and it again removed DocumentsToGo after I re-installed after the restore. The only options I had under DocumentsToGo were "Remove" or "Downgrade". It installed the themes, but removed DTG. I've reinstalled AGAIN and connected, then went to add something else (nothing really, just checking the software) and it again had either "Remove" or "Downgrade". Grrrrrrrr no clue what I'm doing wrong. I'm almost ready to let one of you RDP in and see for yourselves LOL...

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    I rebooted after each install and removal. Right now for example, I went back to 4.7.1.40 (Noooo I can't stop playing). After removing 5.0 I did a restart. I then installed the Verizon OS (4.7) and restarted again. I've restored the phone with BBSAK like they said (which is a brilliant BRILLIANT tool). Everything went great. However, I went to load one of Natemz' themes and one of my own through DM and it again removed DocumentsToGo after I re-installed after the restore. The only options I had under DocumentsToGo were "Remove" or "Downgrade". It installed the themes, but removed DTG. I've reinstalled AGAIN and connected, then went to add something else (nothing really, just checking the software) and it again had either "Remove" or "Downgrade". Grrrrrrrr no clue what I'm doing wrong. I'm almost ready to let one of you RDP in and see for yourselves LOL...
    If you do that, I'd recommend TeamViewer over RDP.

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    If you do that, I'd recommend TeamViewer over RDP.
    LOL if I can't find a solution I'll try that.

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    OK. I found the folder "Loader Files". In that folder I have two additional folders:

1. 9630-v4.7.1.40_P4.1.0.40
    2. Java

I renamed the 9630-v4.7.1.40_P4.1.0.40 folder to "A9630-v4.7.1.40_P4.1.0.40" and it didn't help. I've been playing with Plazmic and loaded a theme onto the phone. During the process, it asked if I wanted to either downgrade Documents To Go or remove it. It also had only the option to downgrade or remove BBM 4.7. I'm running 5.0.

I went through the process just to see and YUP! It removed Documents To Go and BBM. BBM 5.0 was still on there but it refused to work. I removed it through Options / Advanced Options / Applications and reinstalled (BBM 5.0) and it works great once again.

I'm stumped. Did I rename the wrong folder? Should I remove both the OS and the Desktop Software, then reinstall just the Desktop Software and see what happens?

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    it sounds like is pulling those two, dtg and bbm from the os folder, what version of docs to go are you running? try renaming the folder to something different maybe some xxxxxx

PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    It's the Premium Version. 1.007.042. And you think that instead of adding the "A" in front, make a larger change in the name of that folder?

ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    It's the Premium Version. 1.007.042. And you think that instead of adding the "A" in front, make a larger change in the name of that folder?
    i did what i suggested to you and was the only way to stop dm doing that....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast