Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzdar View Post
    my only thing is why would they open a new box and just put phone and battery in a box to ship it
    To save on the accessories. Those cost money.

Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I don't think VZW has refurbed phones phones yet so I am pretty sure it was a new one. Also, if it was refurbed, they don't send you another battery.
    Yes VZW has refurbs that is what they sent me originally until I pointed out I was within my 30 days.

Device
    OS
    Here is my experience I am on my third tour the first replacement was done in store out of new box so I knew it was new. Last week trackball went screwy and VZW said we have no refurbs in stock so you get a new one sent me an entire box just like the day I bought it. Called to get wife's replaced same story new in the box on the way.

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    i have had to replace my sons storm 3 times. the first was right after we got it,verizon replaced it with a brand new one. the second was from asurion and they sent a refurb. the third was from asurion and it was a brand new one. with all three i was told to keep all the accessories and send back the phone by itself.

Device
    OS
    FYI Asurion does not have Brand New phones they are a third party insurance company.

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter1219 View Post
    FYI Asurion does not have Brand New phones they are a third party insurance company.
    they must have bought one from RIM just for me. it was sealed up tight in a brand new box...no way it was a furb.

PIN
    P DADDY
    Device
    Storm 9530 and Tour 9630, Both on VZW
    OS
    Wirelessly posted

Sometimes with refurbished phones there will be a green dot sticker on the sticker under the battery with the esn and whatnot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12