Tour Trackball debate put to bed!

Thread: Tour Trackball debate put to bed!

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times

Tour Trackball debate put to bed!

OK so every Tour owners know that there has been a debate going on regarding the trackball on the 9630. Some are saying software and some are saying hardware. Well I just received a memo from a source I have regarding this very issue. I of course can't post the whole memo but I have copied the section that I think will end this debate for good.

Below is the copied section of the memo

"Reports of the trackball intermittently not responding or functioning properly. RIM has determined a limited number of devices were not assembled properly causing an intermittent issue where the trackball might not function properly. New inventory is being received from RIM that is confirmed not to be impacted by this issue. This stock will be indentified with a Green dot on the cartons. Blackberry Tours with camera (BB9630TR) will start to ship by 8/21. Blackberry Tours without camera (BB9630TRNC) will start to ship the week of 8/24. The Green dot will be phased out after new stock is cycled. Screened Certified Like-New Replacement stock will be available for shipments via Direct Fufillment on 8/19."

chriscoleman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow chriscoleman On Twitter
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Officially Unofficial
    Liked
    0 times
    So there we have it in black and white folks. Will we still see track ball threads though? I'm thinking we will....

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscoleman View Post
    So there we have it in black and white folks. Will we still see track ball threads though? I'm thinking we will....
    Most likely but know we can say check out this thread and call your Carrier for a replacement

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Liked
    5 times
    Great info Byran :hail:

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    Great info Byran :hail:
    Thanks Cruz gotta love sources that love BBOS

BlckBrryMD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BlckBrryMD On Twitter
    Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    0 times
    So why doesn't RIM determine the mfg date range and likely PIN's that are affected and replace those units by notifying the customer. If I were an affected device which so far I would say I'm not I would not be happy with an RF unit just since we are just 2 months into the Tour's launch. RIM knows it was a defect and (possibly delayed) the announcement. They need to make it right for those who are affected. Of course those friggin cry babies who have replaced 5+ Tour's are full of it. I do not see a large number like that having the same issue since likely the inventory at a store has changed over many times between sales.

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlckBrryMD View Post
    So why doesn't RIM determine the mfg date range and likely PIN's that are affected and replace those units by notifying the customer. If I were an affected device which so far I would say I'm not I would not be happy with an RF unit just since we are just 2 months into the Tour's launch. RIM knows it was a defect and (possibly delayed) the announcement. They need to make it right for those who are affected. Of course those friggin cry babies who have replaced 5+ Tour's are full of it. I do not see a large number like that having the same issue since likely the inventory at a store has changed over many times between sales.
    Well said as usual BlckbrryMD I can only say this if I could figure out why RIM does what it does, I think I would be a millionaire :lmao:

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    LMAO I can't believe I went to the office frantically searching for a green dot. That's funny enough, but what's funnier is that I HAVE NO TRACKBALL ISSUES!!!

Hmmmm...maybe I should start a new trackball thread? LMAO.

"Trackballs for Dummies" - Learn how to convince yourself that you have a problem even when one doesn't exist! Also, our exclusive "tips & tricks" chapter will show you how to:

1. Use a post-it note to tighten your battery door!
    2. Avoid screen ripple by NOT pressing the screen on a non touch-screen device!

We could share more, but why would we!? Our "Trackballs for Dummies" is only $79.99 at a Barnes and Noble near you!!!

*Buy within the next 30 minutes and receive FREE Fire Department monitoring of your home for that ONE time your forget to REMOVE the post-it note when you drop the Tour in your charging pod!

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TemperamentalMan View Post
    LMAO I can't believe I went to the office frantically searching for a green dot. That's funny enough, but what's funnier is that I HAVE NO TRACKBALL ISSUES!!!

Hmmmm...maybe I should start a new trackball thread? LMAO.

"Trackballs for Dummies" - Learn how to convince yourself that you have a problem even when one doesn't exist! Also, our exclusive "tips & tricks" chapter will show you how to:

1. Use a post-it note to tighten your battery door!
    2. Avoid screen ripple by NOT pressing the screen on a non touch-screen device!

We could share more, but why would we!? Our "Trackballs for Dummies" is only $79.99 at a Barnes and Noble near you!!!

*Buy within the next 30 minutes and receive FREE Fire Department monitoring of your home for that ONE time your forget to REMOVE the post-it note when you drop the Tour in your charging pod!
    :haha: now that is funny and ummm.....could you post the link for the book. I swear it is for a friend

TemperamentalMan is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow TemperamentalMan On Twitter
    PIN
    's and nee
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    :haha: now that is funny and ummm.....could you post the link for the book. I swear it is for a friend
    LMAO...yeah! SUREEEEEE it is...

Send a money order/cashier's check too:

Crackberries Anonymous
    9630 Black Tour Lane, Suite 191
    Qwerty, California 50191