Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 33

  1. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PIN
    30cae44c
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    4.7.1.40
    Posts
    6
    I had Sprint, 4 years ago, everyone was bragging about how well verizion was, so we tried it. Not any better, but still good. Now I'm back to sprint with the tour. At my home, I get 5 out of 5 bars with sprint, with verizon, I got 2 or 3. My plan with sprint is as follows.. 2 blackberries, everything data plan 1500, unlimited text and data, unlimited sprint tv and navigation, NO blackberry charges, 129.99 per month - 23%(corporate discount) Comes to about $98 per month for 2 blackberries.

    I looked into staying with verizon, It was 89.99 for 2 tours and 1400 minutes. Unlimited texting is $30 for both phones. Verizon also charges you a MANDATORY $30 minimum blackberry fee per berry. Sprint, nope. So basically 90+30+30+30= $180 per month. I would get a discount with vz as well, but not as good. So for me it was a no brainer.. I have better reception, faster downloads, and a much cheaper plan. I'm saving at least $60 per month. I am one happy Sprint camper and I get creat service at work, home, parents, inlaws, etc..

    Don't always believe the hype, Sprint is ok, and their customer service has been quite fine as well.



  2. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by tuleshed View Post
    I had Sprint, 4 years ago, everyone was bragging about how well verizion was, so we tried it. Not any better, but still good. Now I'm back to sprint with the tour. At my home, I get 5 out of 5 bars with sprint, with verizon, I got 2 or 3. My plan with sprint is as follows.. 2 blackberries, everything data plan 1500, unlimited text and data, unlimited sprint tv and navigation, NO blackberry charges, 129.99 per month - 23%(corporate discount) Comes to about $98 per month for 2 blackberries.

    I looked into staying with verizon, It was 89.99 for 2 tours and 1400 minutes. Unlimited texting is $30 for both phones. Verizon also charges you a MANDATORY $30 minimum blackberry fee per berry. Sprint, nope. So basically 90+30+30+30= $180 per month. I would get a discount with vz as well, but not as good. So for me it was a no brainer.. I have better reception, faster downloads, and a much cheaper plan. I'm saving at least $60 per month. I am one happy Sprint camper and I get creat service at work, home, parents, inlaws, etc..

    Don't always believe the hype, Sprint is ok, and their customer service has been quite fine as well.

    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/t...artphones.html

    I know that is AT&T, but I would think that sprint will soon follow, with everything they plan on doing they may almost have to, to be able to stay afloat

  3. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa
    Quote Originally Posted by TilAllROne View Post
    Well to have a little fact to all this Sprint sucks and Verizon owns....
    --Coverage relative to where you live most place Verizon and Sprint are about the same. Actually test prove that Sprint 3g is faster than ATT and Verizon.

    -- Service Plans - Sprint plan nights starting at 7 while Verizon starts at 9
    Sprint has unlimited Text, you have to pay for the number text with Verizon
    I have better customer service with Verizon than Sprint but that all is relative to who you talk too.
    With sprint you will get TV, music, tethering and Navigator all include with their blackberry plan with unlimited data use. Verizon I don't have the TV service, the music is included, and i have to pay extra for the navigator and the tethering.

    I have both sprint (my wife pearl) and verizon (my storm) If I could get the storm on sprint I would love to go back
    While I will not speak too badly of any other company, its not always true that sprint and vzw is the same, that is only major metropolitan areas. I live and spend most of my time where vzw is blanketed and you couldnt use a sprint phone to save your life (literally). While sprint is faster, the areas that are faster are you metropolitan areas. When you get outside of those they are the same. Sprint is cheaper that vzw, but with vzw there are very very few areas you will not get service. From what I know and have heard vzw's CSR is a bit better, but I have heard horror stories of both. In the end if you dont live, work, play, and never leave that metropolitan area you should probably got vzw but if you are never, never outside of those types of areas you may be ok
    Agreed. I have Sprint and my brother in law has Verizon. Sometimes there are places where I can't get my home network but Sprint has free roaming so it don't bug me anyway.



  4. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Motorola Razr2
    Posts
    145
    AT&T being compared to Sprint.... ouch

  5. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/t...artphones.html

    I know that is AT&T, but I would think that sprint will soon follow, with everything they plan on doing they may almost have to, to be able to stay afloat
    Sprint does require data plans for their smartphones but they are relatively cheap compared to other carriers and they include web, navigation, tv, picture and video mail and text, as where most other carriers charge you for each one.



  6. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by purextasy88 View Post
    Sprint does require data plans for their smartphones but they are relatively cheap compared to other carriers and they include web, navigation, tv, picture and video mail and text, as where most other carriers charge you for each one.
    I know i am saying look for this to change as we move into the total 4g era, as they will need the money, that will be the first place the look... But at the same time I have always like sprint they just dont have coverage in my area, I always had them before when I worked toward the north

  7. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Posts
    229

    Old news...

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydangerous3 View Post
    Yes, the service/reception/customer service that you will recieve with Verizon will be SIGNIFICANTLY better that what you will receive with Sprint/Nextel. I don't recommend shopping for cell phone service based ONLY by price (I'm not sure which company will cost more) also consider the coverage you will get where you need and also the reputation of the company. IMHO you can't really compare Sprint and Verizon. Ask your freinds what company they have and where it does/doesn't work. Good Luck.hone:
    Sprint doesnt suck anymore, thats old news-- I know plenty of people who have Sprint and they have no problems and I live in a small market. Sprint had some growing pains but look at them now, they have the first 4g network --- Verizon is just starting to test market LTE (4g) -. Verizon is good but they are a rip off, too expensive. For unlimited data and text with Verizon its $50 a month ....its only $35 on tmobile. Verizon is just too expensive. Im sure the Spring Tour and Verizon Tour are pretty much the same except for the verizon or sprint branded apps you get on the phone by default.

  8. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sunny SW Florida
    PIN
    Pain In Neck yup
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Irtehun V-8
    Posts
    112
    Hi folks. I am new here and with BB's. I have had windows smartphones for awhile, the last was an HTC Touch Pro with my own rom. I have been with Sprint for years now.(12 yrs). I must be the exception because I have always had pretty decent experiences with the CS and have pretty much gotten what I wanted without to much trouble. And I have traveled all over and have never had a problem making or receiving a call. The plan that my wife and I have, Verizon,AT&T and others have admitted they can't come close to my rate for a comparatable plan. Now I have (4) phones on this plan. 3000 anytime minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text, free nights and weekends, and my nights start at 7.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •