What is the difference between Sprint/Verizon Tour?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the difference between Sprint/Verizon Tour??

purextasy88 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/t...artphones.html

I know that is AT&T, but I would think that sprint will soon follow, with everything they plan on doing they may almost have to, to be able to stay afloat
    Sprint does require data plans for their smartphones but they are relatively cheap compared to other carriers and they include web, navigation, tv, picture and video mail and text, as where most other carriers charge you for each one.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by purextasy88 View Post
    Sprint does require data plans for their smartphones but they are relatively cheap compared to other carriers and they include web, navigation, tv, picture and video mail and text, as where most other carriers charge you for each one.
    I know i am saying look for this to change as we move into the total 4g era, as they will need the money, that will be the first place the look... But at the same time I have always like sprint they just dont have coverage in my area, I always had them before when I worked toward the north

tank244 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow tank244 On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Liked
    0 times

Old news...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnydangerous3 View Post
    Yes, the service/reception/customer service that you will recieve with Verizon will be SIGNIFICANTLY better that what you will receive with Sprint/Nextel. I don't recommend shopping for cell phone service based ONLY by price (I'm not sure which company will cost more) also consider the coverage you will get where you need and also the reputation of the company. IMHO you can't really compare Sprint and Verizon. Ask your freinds what company they have and where it does/doesn't work. Good Luck.hone:
    Sprint doesnt suck anymore, thats old news-- I know plenty of people who have Sprint and they have no problems and I live in a small market. Sprint had some growing pains but look at them now, they have the first 4g network --- Verizon is just starting to test market LTE (4g) -. Verizon is good but they are a rip off, too expensive. For unlimited data and text with Verizon its $50 a month ....its only $35 on tmobile. Verizon is just too expensive. Im sure the Spring Tour and Verizon Tour are pretty much the same except for the verizon or sprint branded apps you get on the phone by default.

cooltech59 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    Pain In Neck yup
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Irtehun V-8
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi folks. I am new here and with BB's. I have had windows smartphones for awhile, the last was an HTC Touch Pro with my own rom. I have been with Sprint for years now.(12 yrs). I must be the exception because I have always had pretty decent experiences with the CS and have pretty much gotten what I wanted without to much trouble. And I have traveled all over and have never had a problem making or receiving a call. The plan that my wife and I have, Verizon,AT&T and others have admitted they can't come close to my rate for a comparatable plan. Now I have (4) phones on this plan. 3000 anytime minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text, free nights and weekends, and my nights start at 7.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Welcome to BBOS.

It's true Sprint does get a bad rap but I am glad you enjoy them. I am sure there are many others like you.

kyrumo is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Liked
    0 times
    Sprints has Mobi Tv
    Sprints comes with a better nav system
    Sprints Tour comes unlocked

Why do Verizon customers always bash other carriers?
    Last edited by kyrumo; 08-29-2009 at 03:07 AM.

rsmiff is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow rsmiff On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had Sprint and I now have Verizon. My in-laws still have Sprint. We live in a major metro area and my in-laws (with Sprint) CONSTANTLY drop calls. Our Verizon calls never drop (and I mean EVER). Whenever we travel...Sprint has no signal...Verizon does...to the point that we have to let our in-laws use our phones. There is no bashing...it's 100% from real-world experience.

Jaguarr40 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Post Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1si View Post
    I am just wondering if there is any difference between a Sprint Tour and a Verizon Tour? Im pretty sure its no but I wasnt sure about preloaded software.

The battery door and the OS that is branded Sprint or VZW, Nothing else
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"

Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmiff View Post
    I have had Sprint and I now have Verizon. My in-laws still have Sprint. We live in a major metro area and my in-laws (with Sprint) CONSTANTLY drop calls. Our Verizon calls never drop (and I mean EVER). Whenever we travel...Sprint has no signal...Verizon does...to the point that we have to let our in-laws use our phones. There is no bashing...it's 100% from real-world experience.
    Did the OP ask what's the difference between Verizon and Sprint or did he ask what's the difference between 2 phones.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
    Did the OP ask what's the difference between Verizon and Sprint or did he ask what's the difference between 2 phones.
    he asked about the phones good point. lets try to stay on topic.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    One in-law has a Sprint Blackberry 8330 and the other has a LG (whichever). Neither have signal.

My point was that the difference between the Sprint Tour and the Verizon Tour IS the service. Sprint, from my own experience, is bad and Verizon is good. If you remove the service as a factor then there really is no difference asside from appearance. Different color bezels and the chip inside.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrumo View Post
    Last edited by rsmiff; 09-01-2009 at 05:19 AM.

Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmiff View Post
    One in-law has a Sprint Blackberry 8330 and the other has a LG (whichever). Neither have signal.

My point was that the difference between the Sprint Tour and the Verizon Tour IS the service. Sprint, from my own experience, is bad and Verizon is good. If you remove the service as a factor then there really is no difference asside from appearance. Different color bezels and the chip inside.
    When I had Verizon last year the coverage sucked in Maricopa Az, I had the Verizon Touch Pro which Verizon decided to put half the ram then Sprint's Touch Pro and they locked the GPS, Sprint offers faster data speeds and does not cut corners on their phones, Sprint offers more bang for the buck.

Sprint Navigation is alot better then VZ Navigator and we get Sprint Tv on our Tours.
    Last edited by kyrumo; 09-01-2009 at 06:28 PM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Well Mark...the phones are going to be virtually the same. You'll have to check around where you live and decide which carrier has better coverage in your area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12