Using today theme but calendar events not showing
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Using today theme but calendar events not showing

  1. #1
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times

    Using today theme but calendar events not showing

    They arent set to all day events. I dont usually use today themes but wanted to try some on my tour and cant seem to get calendar events for the current day to show, any settings I may have missed?




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Go into your calendar and hit your bb key and choose options. What calendars are listed on that screen?

  3. #3
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc
    They arent set to all day events. I dont usually use today themes but wanted to try some on my tour and cant seem to get calendar events for the current day to show, any settings I may have missed?
    If you don't separate and sync your calendars based on emails, you can go into options/advanced options/service books/bb key and delete all CICAL entries.

  4. #4
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Liked
    0 times
    Make sure that in options > advanced > default services that the correct default calendar is selected. Only the default calendar will appear on your today theme home screen

  5. #5
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    i dont know if they make them this way for the tour but its not a hidden today is it? Where you have to highlight the calendar, not click on it and it will show?

  6. #6
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Go into your calendar and hit your bb key and choose options. What calendars are listed on that screen?
    I see all my email accounts listed under calendars.

    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted
    If you don't separate and sync your calendars based on emails, you can go into options/advanced options/service books/bb key and delete all CICAL entries.
    I'm not sure what you mean by seperate and sync my calendars. I definitely dont sync my blackberry to anything. Oh and I tried to delete all CICAL entries yesterday and that didnt work. Wasnt even showing on Calendar default services. I had to resend service books to get them back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morganizer View Post
    Make sure that in options > advanced > default services that the correct default calendar is selected. Only the default calendar will appear on your today theme home screen
    I have chosen my default email calendar under CICAL

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    i dont know if they make them this way for the tour but its not a hidden today is it? Where you have to highlight the calendar, not click on it and it will show?
    When I highlight calendar it does show my calendar entries but I'd like it to show either way. I dont think its a hidden today theme, wasnt described as that when I downloaded it. Tried 2 and same thing.
    Last edited by OcaNyc; 08-16-2009 at 12:38 PM.

  7. #7
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    I see all my email accounts listed under calendars.



    I'm not sure what you mean by seperate and sync my calendars. I definitely dont sync my blackberry to anything. Oh and I tried to delete all CICAL entries yesterday and that didnt work. Wasnt even showing on Calendar default services. I had to resend service books to get them back.



    I have chosen my default email calendar under CICAL



    When I highlight calendar it does show my calendar entries but I'd like it to show either way. I dont think its a hidden today theme, wasnt described as that when I downloaded it. Tried 2 and same thing.
    if it does that then it is a hidden today theme, i didnt like it at first but I got used to it, you would more than likely have to email a theme make and ask for one that is not a hidden today feature

  8. #8
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    if it does that then it is a hidden today theme, i didnt like it at first but I got used to it, you would more than likely have to email a theme make and ask for one that is not a hidden today feature
    Can anyone point me to an ota thats an actual free today theme so I can test it out? Thanks in advance to all.

  9. #9
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    if it does that then it is a hidden today theme, i didnt like it at first but I got used to it, you would more than likely have to email a theme make and ask for one that is not a hidden today feature
    Can anyone point me to an ota thats an actual free today theme so I can test it out? Thanks in advance to all.
    I am mobile so link wouldn't work but if you visit our theme subforum, we have a tour section and there are many nice free themes.

  10. #10
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    I am mobile so link wouldn't work but if you visit our theme subforum, we have a tour section and there are many nice free themes.
    I tried one that I thought may work but still didnt. Is it possible to show calendar events without having to highlight the calendar?
    Maybe someone can have me test a specific theme they are using that is working for them?

  11. #11
    ealvnv's Avatar
    ealvnv is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow ealvnv On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Saturn
    PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    Posts
    2,405
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    I tried one that I thought may work but still didnt. Is it possible to show calendar events without having to highlight the calendar?
    Maybe someone can have me test a specific theme they are using that is working for them?
    so you want a theme with a fixed calendar on screen only right????

    link to come


    ***edit***

    try this one
    Last edited by ealvnv; 08-16-2009 at 11:44 PM.
    BlackBerry by Choice!

  12. #12
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    so you want a theme with a fixed calendar on screen only right????

    link to come


    ***edit***

    try this one

    Thanks, that one worked. Wonder why the others didnt work as advertised.

  13. #13
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    Thanks, that one worked. Wonder why the others didnt work as advertised.
    That is how they are 'advertised' they only make constent on today screens per request, too many people like the hidden today, because then you can highlight messages and sms and also get a today screen

  14. #14
    cryogenic is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    30B4A56B
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    4.7.1/5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Strangely what fixed it for me to get my calendar entries to show up in the hidden today theme was to add an event on the device itself. Once I did that, poof, it started working as expected. Go figure!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •