Sold my Storm Today!!

Thread: Sold my Storm Today!!

freebirds87 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow freebirds87 On Twitter
    PIN
    BALL
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Sold my Storm Today!!

Yes, I sold my Storm on eBay today. Got $250.00 big ones for it. Took my money to best buy and upgraded to the Blackberry Tour!! I had been considering doing this for a while now, but I wanted to wait and see what the Storm 2 was going to look like. Very disappointed in it. WiFi and the new screen will be nice but I don't think there's a device out there that can rival typing on the Tour or the Bold. Very nice...

Girlfriend has had a tour for about 3 weeks now and I've been playing with hers. Here's a list of things that sold me:

1) Loud Speaker!! (so nice to be able to listen to music on the job site)
    2) Keyboard is second to none
    3) Memory is amazing
    4) Camera takes way nicer photos
    5) Battery Life is slightly better for me

Obviously I wish there were some better themes but time will cure that. Very happy with my Tour, if there are any of you teetering on the edge, I hope this post has helped you make your choice!

BlckBrryMD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BlckBrryMD On Twitter
    Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been in your exact position with other phones in my past, and honestly only you can say when its time to switch from one device to another. I am always torn between touch screen only BB and keyboard BB's. I like the real keyboard but really like the screen and added benefits of the storm (series) for multimedia. In the past I have typically owned two different BB's at any given time and I have considered getting the tour and Storm 2. This time around I am riding it out a bit longer.

The bump in memory alone has to be a huge benefit, where you don't have to decide what apps to remove to maximize the Tours performance. Who knows you might find yourself picking up a Storm2 just, you never know.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    I think you will be kicking yourself when the S2 arrives.

But the Tour is a great phone too. I'm sure you will be happy :fing02:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

freebirds87 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow freebirds87 On Twitter
    PIN
    BALL
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlckBrryMD View Post
    I have been in your exact position with other phones in my past, and honestly only you can say when its time to switch from one device to another. I am always torn between touch screen only BB and keyboard BB's. I like the real keyboard but really like the screen and added benefits of the storm (series) for multimedia. In the past I have typically owned two different BB's at any given time and I have considered getting the tour and Storm 2. This time around I am riding it out a bit longer.

The bump in memory alone has to be a huge benefit, where you don't have to decide what apps to remove to maximize the Tours performance. Who knows you might find yourself picking up a Storm2 just, you never know.
    You know... if the Storm 2 had been pictured with a trackpad or even a trackball, I might have reconsidered. As it stands though... I'm really loving the Tour.

yourfriendwayned is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow yourfriendwayned On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Storm 2 FTW i guess your either a touch person or a ball person hmmm that could sound naughty
    Visit www.WJDDesigns.com (Mobile Friendly) for All things Berry,Tech Blogs, and my Recent Theme News!
    Thanks to everyone who has purchased WJD Designs Premium themes YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by freebirds87 View Post
    Yes, I sold my Storm on eBay today. Got $250.00 big ones for it. Took my money to best buy and upgraded to the Blackberry Tour!! I had been considering doing this for a while now, but I wanted to wait and see what the Storm 2 was going to look like. Very disappointed in it. WiFi and the new screen will be nice but I don't think there's a device out there that can rival typing on the Tour or the Bold. Very nice...

Girlfriend has had a tour for about 3 weeks now and I've been playing with hers. Here's a list of things that sold me:

3) Memory is amazing

Obviously I wish there were some better themes but time will cure that. Very happy with my Tour, if there are any of you teetering on the edge, I hope this post has helped you make your choice!
    I really like the Tour it's a great phone and am glad I got it. But installing V8 and now 5.0 has made me second guess using the Tour as my daily driver. I find 5.0 is just as fast as the Tour and memory is absolutely ridiculous. In 24 hours of heavy abuse memory has dropped .1mb and battery is still going strong.

I am a little disappointed with the Tours keyboard. It is much stiffer than I expected. While the 8900 is smaller, I find it much easier to type on it as opposed to the Tour. I also have large hands and trying to navigate the small keyboard of the Tour has been somewhat annoying.

I think the Tour is without doubt a nice phone but the line between it and the Storm narrowed significantly since installing V8 and the 5.0.0.140

blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Liked
    1 times
    i have a bold and the one thing that i dislike about it is that it feels wide, and thought that the tour would be good cause well its smaller. but i got my hand on one the other day, and its just to hard to type like jlevy said, its way to narrow for me, that and the send/end key is tiny (the one on the bold is about perfect size for me) i was looking forward to the tour but im glad a friend bought one first, cause im disappointed :17: saved me a few hundred dollars. that and its essentially the same thing i have. dont mean to dis it for those people that love it, but i like the bold better for now.

o yeah ps whats up everyone who remembers me, long time no see lol

tuleshed is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow tuleshed On Twitter
    PIN
    30cae44c
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    enjoy the Tour, I am!

xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Quote Originally Posted by freebirds87 View Post

3) Memory is amazing

I really like the Tour it's a great phone and am glad I got it. But installing V8 and now 5.0 has made me second guess using the Tour as my daily driver. I find 5.0 is just as fast as the Tour and memory is absolutely ridiculous. In 24 hours of heavy abuse memory has dropped .1mb and battery is still going strong.

I am a little disappointed with the Tours keyboard. It is much stiffer than I expected. While the 8900 is smaller, I find it much easier to type on it as opposed to the Tour. I also have large hands and trying to navigate the small keyboard of the Tour has been somewhat annoying.

I think the Tour is without doubt a nice phone but the line between it and the Storm narrowed significantly since installing V8 and the 5.0.0.140
    I couldn't get v5.0.0.140 to work on my Storm. Well actually it worked & most of my apps ran but I was getting errors at boot (don't remember them) from a fresh wipe & install. My problems were Profiles & Media did not display and timed out. I tried it with my SD card out but still didn't work. Even though the Profiles did not work the sounds were correct. After that install I wiped & only installed the OS, no SD & had the same problems (wondered what the "Files" app did but nothing there either).

~X

BlckBrryMD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BlckBrryMD On Twitter
    Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    0 times
    I have to say I am enjoying the Tour as well. The Storm is a good first gen touch for BlackBerry, the Storm 2 is going to be even better. Right now I just wanted more memory and a physical keyboard does come in handy at times. The size is actually within tenths of an inch to the 9530 so all of my cases still fit.

I will very likely get the Storm two given it will also have the memory I want and I can swap between then as needed.