the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Laney
    glad you got it working x and welcome to the tour club
    Thanks Laney but it was actually 5.0.0.140 on the Storm I got working.

~X

lmao, im a loon.... dont mind me!

PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Laney
    lmao, im a loon.... dont mind me!
    It's easy to get confused at times. Heck, I'm half asleep!

~X

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by xwera43 View Post

Oh, how are you adapting back to the Tour? I'm using mine now but I was surprised at how much I missed the screen size on the Storm (less squinting). |-)

~X
    That's the hardest part for me. And to be honest I can type about 3-4 times faster on the Storm running 5.0 than I can with the Tour's keyboard. It's all a matter of preference but I find the Tour's keyboard way to small and this after a week of intensive usage. In addition I find the trackball harder to navigate with than the touchscreen of the Storm.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    That's the hardest part for me. And to be honest I can type about 3-4 times faster on the Storm running 5.0 than I can with the Tour's keyboard. It's all a matter of preference but I find the Tour's keyboard way to small and this after a week of intensive usage. In addition I find the trackball harder to navigate with than the touchscreen of the Storm.
    J, you are so right!!! Storm's screen and navigation make it a breeze...and typing???? Anyone can try beating me

Pretty soon there will be a thread: Odin convert pals (Laney, Bryan et al) :nana: :lmao:

PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx

Quote Originally Posted by olta777
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    J, you are so right!!! Storm's screen and navigation make it a breeze...and typing???? Anyone can try beating me

Pretty soon there will be a thread: Odin convert pals (Laney, Bryan et al) :nana: :lmao:
    So true olta!

~X

PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx

Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Quote Originally Posted by xwera43 View Post

Oh, how are you adapting back to the Tour? I'm using mine now but I was surprised at how much I missed the screen size on the Storm (less squinting). |-)

~X
    So by Monday or sooner you'll be back to rocking the Storm eh Josh.

~X

PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx

I'm going to go ahead & swap back to the Storm with v5.0.0.140 and see how it works out for me. Living on Social Security is too tight to pick the wrong phone. I can't afford 500+ for an S2 in 3 months by purchasing this Tour now.

At this point the price I'm paying is awesome (sometimes computer automation works in my favor) down to $50 with rebate. But it's just a matter of time for trackball issues and as you said, you can maneuver faster with the touch screen of the Storm compared to a well working trackball on your Tour. I assume after 3 trackballs it's working properly.

But for $50 now by the time I go VIP with vzw they'll have a cdma iPhone (or a much improved version of the Storm).

~X
    Last edited by xwera43; 08-22-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast