Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 61

  1. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    not many "hands on" sources around but what i have heard are only great things about storm2. wifi,256mb's,5.0os,new improved screen input and sleeker styling are enough for me to make the jump to the storm2.
    But you'll still have to use the Zen theme to get audible alerts :crazy:



  2. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    But you'll still have to use the Zen theme to get audible alerts :crazy:
    initially ...but when RIM releases 5.0os, 5.0 cdk will soon follow:1244:

  3. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630 - Tour
    OS
    tour hybrid
    Posts
    5
    Wirelessly posted

    I am making my switch from a storm running lyricidals latest hybrid to a tour. Just gotta wait until it gets here. I am a little worried I am going to want the storm 2, but I think for now I am just over the touchscreen



  4. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I am making my switch from a storm running lyricidals latest hybrid to a tour. Just gotta wait until it gets here. I am a little worried I am going to want the storm 2, but I think for now I am just over the touchscreen
    Welcome to BlackberryOS Zipkicker

    I have discovered that if your Storm was your first BB then you will miss it once the Tour arrives, but if you are like me and it wasn't then the Tour is a blessed arrival. the only thing I miss of the Storm's was the big screen, but to be honest the Tour's screen looks so sharp I don't miss it very often

  5. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    the storm was not my first berry and i wouldn't think of going back to one of those trackball thingys. a few years from now the trackballs will take their place beside the thumbwheel....of course this is an editorial and my opinion is not shared by all.



  6. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630 - Tour
    OS
    tour hybrid
    Posts
    5
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    I am making my switch from a storm running lyricidals latest hybrid to a tour. Just gotta wait until it gets here. I am a little worried I am going to want the storm 2, but I think for now I am just over the touchscreen
    Welcome to BlackberryOS Zipkicker

    I have discovered that if your Storm was your first BB then you will miss it once the Tour arrives, but if you are like me and it wasn't then the Tour is a blessed arrival. the only thing I miss of the Storm's was the big screen, but to be honest the Tour's screen looks so sharp I don't miss it very often
    thank you for the welcome . The storm was my first bberry as well as my wifes, I picked her up a pink curve and she loves it. I have been playing with it a little bit and I love it. I think the adjustment will be rough but it might be worth it

  7. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Quote Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    thank you for the welcome . The storm was my first bberry as well as my wifes, I picked her up a pink curve and she loves it. I have been playing with it a little bit and I love it. I think the adjustment will be rough but it might be worth it
    I think you will be happy with the Tour the OS is stable and besides a defective trackball (thanks to my 3 year old), I have had not one issue with it. It has been a welcoming change from the Storm.

  8. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Just my two cents I have both the Storm and the Tour and since I have had the Tour have barely used it. Don't get me wrong it's a great phone super rock solid OS, tons of memory and so on. But it's blandness sort of wore on me and found the keyboard (IMO) not as good as some of the qwerty BB's I still have.

    The Storm is a just a more exciting and enjoyable device and with the release of 5.0 and some other features like Flick Scrolling (still in Beta) I just find it hard to put down.

    That being said, in the end, both are BB's so you won't go wrong either way.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •