My Storm -> Tour convert pals (Laney, Bryan et al). - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

Thread: My Storm -> Tour convert pals (Laney, Bryan et al).

  1. #41
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

    Quote Originally Posted by catstide
    the storm was not my first berry and i wouldn't think of going back to one of those trackball thingys. a few years from now the trackballs will take their place beside the thumbwheel....of course this is an editorial and my opinion is not shared by all.
    Agreed. I'm surprised anyone is still using track balls. The new cheap Curve (not the 8900) & the new 9700 with the track pad is supposed be nice to use.

    ~X




  2. #42
    zipkicker is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow zipkicker On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630 - Tour
    OS
    tour hybrid
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Got my tour the other day, and you guys were right. I absolutely LOVE it! the keyboard has a great feel to it and the screen is gorgeous. I do miss the big screen of my storm, but not worth the sacrifice performance wise.

  3. #43
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    I am torn between the Storm and the Tour, both have their pros and cons.

    I decided to give the Tour another shot and put away my Storm and used my Tour exclusively. I do miss the Storms big screen but one thing I can say with certainty is the SFI on the Tour is vastly superior to the Storm. And since first and foremost this is a phone the Tour wins hands down in this category.

  4. #44
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    I am torn between the Storm and the Tour, both have their pros and cons.

    I decided to give the Tour another shot and put away my Storm and used my Tour exclusively. I do miss the Storms big screen but one thing I can say with certainty is the SFI on the Tour is vastly superior to the Storm. And since first and foremost this is a phone the Tour wins hands down in this category.
    The .sfi on the Tour is better than v5.0.0.140?

    ~X

  5. #45
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xwera43 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)



    The .sfi on the Tour is better than v5.0.0.140?

    ~X
    Absolutely at least IMO. First off the incoming call volume is almost so loud on my BT I have to turn it down to one of the lowest settings.

    In terms of reception I find that on average I have 2 bars more with the stock Tour SFI than on 5.0.0.140. I have not tested it everywhere but here in LA where I live, Grand Rapids MI, and NYC this was my experience.

  6. #46
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

    Well you've been in the locations to know. I finally got .140 working last night. I shrunk something I shouldn't have (don't know what) because Profiles, Media, Files weren't working & Options/Memory wasn't there.

    I activated & deactivated so many times last night, vzw's servers locked me out for a bit. :18:

    ~X

  7. #47
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    glad you got it working x and welcome to the tour club

  8. #48
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

    Oh, how are you adapting back to the Tour? I'm using mine now but I was surprised at how much I missed the screen size on the Storm (less squinting). |-)

    ~X

  9. #49
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

    Quote Originally Posted by Laney
    glad you got it working x and welcome to the tour club
    Thanks Laney but it was actually 5.0.0.140 on the Storm I got working.

    ~X

  10. #50
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    lmao, im a loon.... dont mind me!

  11. #51
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

    Quote Originally Posted by Laney
    lmao, im a loon.... dont mind me!
    It's easy to get confused at times. Heck, I'm half asleep!

    ~X

  12. #52
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xwera43 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

    Oh, how are you adapting back to the Tour? I'm using mine now but I was surprised at how much I missed the screen size on the Storm (less squinting). |-)

    ~X
    That's the hardest part for me. And to be honest I can type about 3-4 times faster on the Storm running 5.0 than I can with the Tour's keyboard. It's all a matter of preference but I find the Tour's keyboard way to small and this after a week of intensive usage. In addition I find the trackball harder to navigate with than the touchscreen of the Storm.

  13. #53
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    That's the hardest part for me. And to be honest I can type about 3-4 times faster on the Storm running 5.0 than I can with the Tour's keyboard. It's all a matter of preference but I find the Tour's keyboard way to small and this after a week of intensive usage. In addition I find the trackball harder to navigate with than the touchscreen of the Storm.
    J, you are so right!!! Storm's screen and navigation make it a breeze...and typing???? Anyone can try beating me

    Pretty soon there will be a thread: Odin convert pals (Laney, Bryan et al) :nana: :lmao:

  14. #54
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

    Quote Originally Posted by olta777
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    That's the hardest part for me. And to be honest I can type about 3-4 times faster on the Storm running 5.0 than I can with the Tour's keyboard. It's all a matter of preference but I find the Tour's keyboard way to small and this after a week of intensive usage. In addition I find the trackball harder to navigate with than the touchscreen of the Storm.
    J, you are so right!!! Storm's screen and navigation make it a breeze...and typing???? Anyone can try beating me

    Pretty soon there will be a thread: Odin convert pals (Laney, Bryan et al) :nana: :lmao:
    So true olta!

    ~X

  15. #55
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Quote Originally Posted by xwera43 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

    Oh, how are you adapting back to the Tour? I'm using mine now but I was surprised at how much I missed the screen size on the Storm (less squinting). |-)

    ~X
    That's the hardest part for me. And to be honest I can type about 3-4 times faster on the Storm running 5.0 than I can with the Tour's keyboard. It's all a matter of preference but I find the Tour's keyboard way to small and this after a week of intensive usage. In addition I find the trackball harder to navigate with than the touchscreen of the Storm.
    So by Monday or sooner you'll be back to rocking the Storm eh Josh.

    ~X

  16. #56
    xwera43's Avatar
    xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oregon via SoCal
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Posts
    382
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630 Tour)

    I'm going to go ahead & swap back to the Storm with v5.0.0.140 and see how it works out for me. Living on Social Security is too tight to pick the wrong phone. I can't afford 500+ for an S2 in 3 months by purchasing this Tour now.

    At this point the price I'm paying is awesome (sometimes computer automation works in my favor) down to $50 with rebate. But it's just a matter of time for trackball issues and as you said, you can maneuver faster with the touch screen of the Storm compared to a well working trackball on your Tour. I assume after 3 trackballs it's working properly.


    But for $50 now by the time I go VIP with vzw they'll have a cdma iPhone (or a much improved version of the Storm).


    ~X
    Last edited by xwera43; 08-22-2009 at 05:04 PM.

  17. #57
    sharky2009 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    PIN
    2156199C
    Device
    9700
    OS
    .421
    Posts
    136
    Liked
    0 times
    Picked up a Tour yesterday... I am SOOO torn between it and my Storm its unbelievable, I have BBCs V8 on my storm and its awesome, but the stock 4.7.1.40 on the Tour functions soo well its just so hard to decide what I should put away or sell, only gripe I have with the tour is I'm not recieving my emails or they're very delayed.
    Loving the new Canadian Networks.... Still feels like a total Dream, 9700 Bold is where its at.

  18. #58
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky2009 View Post
    Picked up a Tour yesterday... I am SOOO torn between it and my Storm its unbelievable, I have BBCs V8 on my storm and its awesome, but the stock 4.7.1.40 on the Tour functions soo well its just so hard to decide what I should put away or sell, only gripe I have with the tour is I'm not recieving my emails or they're very delayed.
    That shouldn't be happening

    Did you make sure and log into BIS and change your pin number? Also resend service books and re register your host routing table as well.

  19. #59
    sharky2009 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    PIN
    2156199C
    Device
    9700
    OS
    .421
    Posts
    136
    Liked
    0 times
    I think I pretty much figured it out, deleted my BIS personal email and put it back in there, sent the service books and now it seems better, I dont mind a little delay.
    Loving the new Canadian Networks.... Still feels like a total Dream, 9700 Bold is where its at.

  20. #60
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky2009 View Post
    I think I pretty much figured it out, deleted my BIS personal email and put it back in there, sent the service books and now it seems better, I dont mind a little delay.
    Good to hear you got your fix sharky. Any other questions please let us know.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •