What are correct APN and network settings on the Tour?

Thread: What are correct APN and network settings on the Tour?

OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Liked
    0 times

What are correct APN and network settings on the Tour?

What are the correct APN settings assuming you need to enter any. Mine is blank right now.

Also under mobile network connections, should it be on 'Global' or just '1XEV'?

Thanks.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc
    What are the correct APN settings assuming you need to enter any. Mine is blank right now.

Thanks.
    I am going to let someone answer the APN question for ya. As far as the global vs 1XEV...if you are on cdma network, I would suggest setting it to 1XEV, that way the phone is not constantly looking for gsm side of network, thus preserving battery life.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post

Thanks.
    No APN settings are required. Just make sure the APN Settings Enabled Box is checked. As far as mobile network options, I always choose Global, don't know why but I seem to get better coverage. Just my two cents. Either way, I have not noticed any difference in battery life with either 1XEV or Global.

OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

I am going to let someone answer the APN question for ya. As far as the global vs 1XEV...if you are on cdma network, I would suggest setting it to 1XEV, that way the phone is not constantly looking for gsm side of network, thus preserving battery life.
    Thanks, I'll try out he 1XEV setting as I have noticed my bat life go fast today, I was also using my new toy alot

Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    No APN settings are required. Just make sure the APN Settings Enabled Box is checked. As far as mobile network options, I always choose Global, don't know why but I seem to get better coverage. Just my two cents. Either way, I have not noticed any difference in battery life with either 1XEV or Global.
    As for Global, I thought I noticed that as well. Someone told me it shouldnt matter though. And thanks for the APN settings answer, I thought it need an address as well.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    Thanks, I'll try out he 1XEV setting as I have noticed my bat life go fast today, I was also using my new toy alot

As for Global, I thought I noticed that as well. Someone told me it shouldnt matter though. And thanks for the APN settings answer, I thought it need an address as well.
    For VZW no APN address is required.

tsyyed is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have 9630 Sprint and its APN settings are blank. It donot make direct connection to servers to download application. I still need it must require some APN settings. Any one who know more about APN sttings for 9630 Sprint please help?

Jaguarr40 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Post Settings

Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post

I do agree 100% with what jlevy said and the only difference is that I have my setting to 1XEV only because i see no difference in signal or battery life. I also keep it that way because I am not using my SIM card and have my phone locked for now.

Just the way it all works for me :cool2:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"