Tour download/upload speed question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Tour download/upload speed question

  1. #1
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times

    Tour download/upload speed question

    On tmobile EDGE using a 8900/storm I'm getting download max speed 152.83 kbps
    and upload max speed 81.3 kbps


    I'm thinking of leaving tmo and going for the Verizon Tour and am curious if you guys are indeed getting much faster speeds than me. I wouldnt mind hearing from ATT users as well. If you dont have the blackberry app speedtest, or another way to measure your speed then please use this link to get the app ota
    Xtreme Labs Inc. — Applications
    OTA:http://www.xtremelabs.com/assets/mob.../speedtest.jad

    Thanks in advance as I'm still trying to determine whether the switch is worth it as well as the contract cancellation fee I'd be paying tmo :/

    By the way, I went and play with the tour real quick today. It feels as quality as the storm and more quality than the 8900. I liked it




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    Very interesting thread I will be curious what others are getting



    Down-563

    Up-416



    Those are mine
    Last edited by Bryan; 07-31-2009 at 10:05 PM.

  3. #3
    DRLyman's Avatar
    DRLyman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Device
    9550
    Posts
    79
    Liked
    0 times
    I am not too impressed with Verizon's speeds in my area. I've ran the speed test twice on two seperate days and here's what I got:

    Day 1
    Down 203.01
    Max Down 272.95
    Up 115.93
    Max Up 350.2

    Day 2
    Down 229.31
    Max Down 307.78
    Up 254.51
    Max Up 371.01

    We just got a postcard in the mail from Verizon saying that they have improved our area with better wireless coverage.

  4. #4
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    Come on Tour owners! Let's hear it

  5. #5
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    1.1Mb down
    849kb up

  6. #6
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    Liar! U made that up :lmao:

  7. #7
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Those are crazy numbers jlevy...I could tell you my 9530 numbers....lol off topic..

  8. #8
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    Liar! U made that up :lmao:
    That was my average over 3 runs. Guess it helps to live in a real city :dance::dance:

  9. #9
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Damn I left myself open for that one

  10. #10
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Those are crazy numbers jlevy...I could tell you my 9530 numbers....lol off topic..
    If you still have 5.0 on it I would be curious to see what your numbers are.

  11. #11
    Stale Pancake's Avatar
    Stale Pancake is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    On tmobile EDGE using a 8900/storm I'm getting download max speed 152.83 kbps
    and upload max speed 81.3 kbps


    I'm thinking of leaving tmo and going for the Verizon Tour and am curious if you guys are indeed getting much faster speeds than me. I wouldnt mind hearing from ATT users as well. If you dont have the blackberry app speedtest, or another way to measure your speed then please use this link to get the app ota
    Xtreme Labs Inc. — Applications
    OTA:http://www.xtremelabs.com/assets/mob.../speedtest.jad

    Thanks in advance as I'm still trying to determine whether the switch is worth it as well as the contract cancellation fee I'd be paying tmo :/

    By the way, I went and play with the tour real quick today. It feels as quality as the storm and more quality than the 8900. I liked it


    I had a very good download speed, but the upload was slow. And since I have a MiFi I decided to test that. It scored only 870 down by about 270 up, which is much faster than the Tour scored. Same network, same location.

  12. #12
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Wow that DL speed is amazing.

  13. #13
    tbcpn's Avatar
    tbcpn is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Posts
    140
    Liked
    0 times
    484 Kbits/s Down
    315 Kbits/s Up

  14. #14
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times
    I would be happy with Bryan's numbers but some of those other numbers are amazing lol.

  15. #15
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    I would be happy with Bryan's numbers but some of those other numbers are amazing lol.
    That's one of my biggest downsides to being on T-Mobile.

  16. #16
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    That's one of my biggest downsides to being on T-Mobile.
    Well it's not really a fair comparison with TMO, Sun, as you're on edge and VZW users are on 3G.

  17. #17
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Well it's not really a fair comparison with TMO, Sun, as you're on edge and VZW users are on 3G.
    Exactly my point. Verizon's 3G network is fast as heck compared to EDGE on T-Mobile. But I guess you get what you pay for.

  18. #18
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    If you still have 5.0 on it I would be curious to see what your numbers are.
    Well I did my 9530 on the 5.0 OS...It wasn't anything tho brag about. I think max download was 363.xx Kbits/s and I was around 354.xx Kbits/s. Max upload was 316.xx Kbits/s and I was around 273.xx Kbits/s.

    My 9630 max download is 462.xx Kbits/s and it tested at 421.xx Kbits/s. Max upload was set for 359.xx Kbits/s and tested out at 304.xx Kbits/s.

    EDIT***Just did my 9530 in town...Earlier results were taken from rural areas.
    Running 5.0 OS Download is 450.xx Kbits/s and Upload is 370.xx Kbits/s...
    Last edited by MePascal; 08-03-2009 at 05:14 AM.

  19. #19
    rajones19 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow rajones19 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    8630
    Posts
    33
    Liked
    0 times
    This has got to be a record for me ... seemed amazingly zippy, so figured a good time to run the test!! Located about 32 miles north of Detroit.



    This was with the Tour tethered to a Dell laptop.
    Last edited by rajones19; 08-03-2009 at 09:35 PM. Reason: added information.

  20. #20
    tuleshed is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow tuleshed On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PIN
    30cae44c
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    4.7.1.40
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    I got 800 down, 280 up. I will try again and update later. BTW this is on Sprint 3g.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •