Thread: 9630 coming soon!!

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times

9630 coming soon!!

According to some sources, the 'expected' release date for the 9630 will be in July. Previous rumors stated it would be released in May.

It will be running the 4.7.1.10 OS which so far with the 'leaked' phones are unstable. So we can expect many beta leaked OS for this phone.

Verizon will be the one carrying this phone, lets hope its not rushed like the Storm was.

Im pretty sure I'm going to be picking this phone up and adding it to my collection

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times
    Yeah, RIM is supposedly in stealth mode now after all the attacks from the Storm issues
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Ya, they have not been leaking ANY information about this which is kind of impressive. I really think this is going to be the phone to have when it comes to the Blackberry.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times
    we can always hope so
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

dchandler is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow dchandler On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask n u will recieved
    Device
    Blackberry 9700
    Liked
    0 times
    I cant wait til it comes out, Im ready for it now

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    AAAAAAH Just in time for my verizon upgrade. Just what I need, another phone.

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Yeeaahh, I am pretty sure I will be getting this to add to my collection!!!

7120/7130/8703/8830/9000/9530 and soon the 9630 hehehehe

Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Liked
    1 times
    HaHa i will be buying it :-) i even another upgrade available so yea.

the storm will get passed down to my mom or something lol

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KristopherF View Post
    HaHa i will be buying it :-) i even another upgrade available so yea.

the storm will get passed down to my mom or something lol
    Aw, thats sad. your mom gets the hand me downs :-p

Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Aw, thats sad. your mom gets the hand me downs :-p
    LOL my blackberrys are like new never scratched or dropped so she loves them lol she has my curve and guess what she already dropped it, i was lie NOOOO

i wasn't happy
    Last edited by Kris; 03-21-2009 at 05:59 PM.

kashabrown is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    Ask
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    I will definitely be buying it - I love the storm, but I think I will like this one even more!

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Oh I agree. Im done with the storm and this will be the next purchase.

blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Liked
    1 times
    dont no if ill make it my primary phone, only time will tell. but for sure will add it to the collection

Shatiek is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, I will have to add another line but most likely I am getting it as well.

jberry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    sure
    Device
    OS
    109 Radio/ 131 Java (Slimmed Down) + 46 working 5.0 files
    Liked
    0 times
    I think is such a waste for RIM to spend anymore money developing a QWERTY keyboard phone unless it includes a touchscreen as well (as is reportedly coming). Spend the R&D dollars on gettting rid of the keyboard lag so that I can type as fast as I used to be able to on my iphone

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I am excited for the 9630. I am a current Storm user and I like it a lot. I had a Curve 8330 before. I loved the keyboard on that. When I first got my Storm I had doubts about the digital keyboard. I have grown to be comfortable and efficient with it. I did play with the Bold for alittle bit in an AT&T store and was blown away by that keyboard on the Bold. My understanding is that the 9630 will have the same or similar Qwerty as the Bold! That is good news. The phone itself just seems solid. I want one and would have to thnk real hard if i was given the choice to trade my storm straight up for one.

sailorgirl is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there,
    I have been holding out for a Blackberry, as our Verizon contract is already expired. We are free for now. Verizon has not had the best selection of smartphones. I didn't even give the Storm a glance, until I have done a lot more research on it. Sounds like the real pros have worked out a lot of the nooks and crannies. But....I am now considering the 9630 or Storm. I think the Bold is great, but we are sticking with Verizon so that is not an option, and I like the idea of a bit more streamlined looking phone anyway. To be completely ignorant, the salesperson at Verizon said it will be a marriage between the Bold and latest Curve, etc... No touchscreen right? I'm know of course that the screen will not be a large as the Storm's, but it was quoted somewhere on this site that the 9630 would have aspects from the Storm and Bold, etc...
    Thanks

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorgirl View Post
    Hi there,
    I have been holding out for a Blackberry, as our Verizon contract is already expired. We are free for now. Verizon has not had the best selection of smartphones. I didn't even give the Storm a glance, until I have done a lot more research on it. Sounds like the real pros have worked out a lot of the nooks and crannies. But....I am now considering the 9630 or Storm. I think the Bold is great, but we are sticking with Verizon so that is not an option, and I like the idea of a bit more streamlined looking phone anyway. To be completely ignorant, the salesperson at Verizon said it will be a marriage between the Bold and latest Curve, etc... No touchscreen right? I'm know of course that the screen will not be a large as the Storm's, but it was quoted somewhere on this site that the 9630 would have aspects from the Storm and Bold, etc...
    Thanks
    The 9630 will really be a cross between the Bold and the Curve. The only real parallel to the Storm is both will be using CDMA technology. But the Storm is touchscreen and the 9630 will not. There will be some specs that will be similar but the 9630 will be quite different than the Storm. I would recommend going into a VZW store and playing with the Storm. Some people love the click touch of the Storm others hate it. So it really depends on personal preference as to what phone to get. I personally will not be getting the 9630 as I enjoy the features of the Storm. So I will be waiting unt Q4 to pick up the Storm 2 (or whenever it is released).

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Hey SailorGirl, welcome to the forum. I would hold out until the 9630 comes out. I believe RIM learned a lesson with the release of the Storm and will make sure the "Tour" is at its best when released.

sailorgirl is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    I agreee with you about the 9630, it will most likely be a more solid (pertaining to software) and durable product. We have decided to wait until its release so that I can compare the two. I'm a bit intrigued with the larger screen and touch part of the Storm. I am mainly going to be using it as a phone, occasional email, and syncing my crazy schedule with my hubbies. The larger screen seems like an asset if I'm just futzing around on it....However, my hubby has to have a more "power user" friendly phone that is reliable and can handle complex emails and tasks. The 9630 is 100% for him. Meanwhile, I will be lurking on this site and gleaning as much as I can so that I am prepared.... This is a fun community with some brilliant minds....
    Thanks for the quick replies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast