Battery Life Issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Battery Life Issues

  1. #21
    cryogenic is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    30B4A56B
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    4.7.1/5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    I generally escape out of Facebook when I'm done checking it, though not always. However, whether it's running or not, battery drain for me seems to be tied to Ubertwitter. If I don't use it at all, I can go considerably longer than if I leave it running. I probably should set my refresh time to something a little longer than 5 minutes, eh?




  2. #22
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    I have noticed bbm 5.0 is quite a drainer as well. Without (and tweetgenius updating every 5 min) I could go the whole day. With it installed I am generally dead about 7pm.

  3. #23
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    13 hours later and im still alive stormy would have died long time ago

  4. #24
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    13 hours later and im still alive stormy would have died long time ago
    I have noticed that I generally last about 36 hours on the Tour without having to recharge.

  5. #25
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I have noticed that I generally last about 36 hours on the Tour without having to recharge.
    oh my... you must not use it much lol, im 13 hours deep and will have to recharge tonight... but as long as it is making it through the day i am happy... stormy wouldnt last a full day even with minimal usage :aargh4:

  6. #26
    quicknsilver is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    S.I NY
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 2
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    30
    Liked
    0 times
    How long does it usually take to fully charge your Tours?

  7. #27
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    oh my... you must not use it much lol, im 13 hours deep and will have to recharge tonight... but as long as it is making it through the day i am happy... stormy wouldnt last a full day even with minimal usage :aargh4:
    Believe it or not I run it pretty hard. I have MB installed and today for example my battery usage is 0.5%. Crazy. Yes Stormy would be dead by now.

  8. #28
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by quicknsilver View Post
    How long does it usually take to fully charge your Tours?
    My guess is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-2 hours.

  9. #29
    quicknsilver is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    S.I NY
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 2
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    30
    Liked
    0 times
    So far. I fully charged my phone off the hook at 7:30am it's about 530p now and i'm about at 65% with maybe 4 phone calls, 50 texts, and 50 BB messager usage. So far.. I dunno if my phone will die by the 11pm hits. Who knows? Lol. any other updates?

  10. #30
    Laney's Avatar
    Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by quicknsilver View Post
    So far. I fully charged my phone off the hook at 7:30am it's about 530p now and i'm about at 65% with maybe 4 phone calls, 50 texts, and 50 BB messager usage. So far.. I dunno if my phone will die by the 11pm hits. Who knows? Lol. any other updates?
    i took mine off the charger at about 9 am, its now 5:30 and im at 55%. this consists of having ubertwitter and berryweather running the whole time and 50-75 emails, minimal bbm and some web browsing.

    is that bad?! :lmao: i dont know anymore... storm would have been in the teens by now if that.

  11. #31
    freebirds87's Avatar
    freebirds87 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow freebirds87 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    United States
    PIN
    BALL
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    5.0.0.519
    Posts
    99
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by quicknsilver View Post
    I've had my tour since it's day of release. And the battery life is horriable, i find myself having to charge the phone everynite. I leave my house by 7 with full attery, and I'm down to 45% by 3:30, just with lite texting, and one email. I traded the Storm for the Tour, and I guess I'm stuck with it for now. But I wish there are some tips or something? Or does anyone else have the same issue or Battery life problems in general? Is the Tour worth it, if it doesn't even last you?
    You should try going to Options>Advanced Options>GPS> Turn off Device Aiding.

    This is usually the culprit when it comes to Blackberry Battery Drains. I just bought my girlfriend a Tour yesterday and I noticed the severe battery drain. For some reason it did not move that setting over from her Curve 8330. Anyways, try that and let us know!

  12. #32
    Lezam is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    4.7
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    My tour doesn't last me the whole day either. I was at the courthouse on friday doing my jury duty and the battery lasted from 8:00 am until about 3:00. I admittedly was using it quite alot while I was serving, but I would expect the battery to last much longer than that. I was in a low reception area, so my cell was pushing 100db to get reception. This is my second tour, and it actually has better battery life than my first for whatever thats worth.

  13. #33
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezam View Post
    My tour doesn't last me the whole day either. I was at the courthouse on friday doing my jury duty and the battery lasted from 8:00 am until about 3:00. I admittedly was using it quite alot while I was serving, but I would expect the battery to last much longer than that. I was in a low reception area, so my cell was pushing 100db to get reception. This is my second tour, and it actually has better battery life than my first for whatever thats worth.
    Welcome to BBOS Lezam. Poor reception will of course effect battery life. However your battery drain seems quite substantial. I am genreally averaging 36 hours on one charge with medium usage. Seems like something is either off or one of your apps is working overtime.

  14. #34
    Lezam is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    4.7
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Welcome to BBOS Lezam. Poor reception will of course effect battery life. However your battery drain seems quite substantial. I am genreally averaging 36 hours on one charge with medium usage. Seems like something is either off or one of your apps is working overtime.
    Well, I was using iheartradio for about 30 minutes and that drained my battery to 70%. I decided it wasnt worth killing my battery for a little entertainment, so I was basically using my tour for BBM, texting, and email the rest of the day. Should I try my luck with a new BB? I hate having to switch PIN's.

  15. #35
    rryoung is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Device
    blackberry storm
    OS
    4.7.148
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    just get the extended battery from seido. it adds 20% more juice. my tour can last 2 days without needing a charge.

  16. #36
    tuleshed is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow tuleshed On Twitter
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PIN
    30cae44c
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    4.7.1.40
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    no problems here, unplug at around 9:00, use texting, and messaging all day, then browser and viigo on 30 min lunch, then a bit more when I'm home and after dinner too, i usually plug back into the charger around 11pm or later with over 65% remaining. So far impressed with the tour battery. GPS or pandora, etc will eat battery though..

  17. #37
    dani190 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 8630
    Posts
    4
    Liked
    0 times
    i seem to be down to like 25% at the end of the day and i unplug it around 10am till lets say 10pm il be down to the 25%...

    It does seem to be getting better as every night passes and the battery gets broken in...

  18. #38
    info[]box1's Avatar
    info[]box1 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Florida
    PIN
    Got ballons and they float...!O!
    Device
    {9630} Juicy's Hybrid .230/371/405 R2
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    29
    Liked
    0 times
    experience post: My battery life has been flawless its so good my scheduling charging my Tour is impossible. battery life: 36to48hrs moderate use
    Device: Blackberry Niagara 9630 16GB EOS: [9630][HYBRID] Juicy 5.0.0.230/371/405 R2
    Birth Certificate___
    Manufactured: 29/08/09
    Handheld Made: Mexico 5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •