Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

glockguy is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Calgary, Canada
    Bold 9700
    I am on my 3rd Tour and they have all had the trackball issue......Pressing down hard on it every few days is the best solution I found....aside from endlessly swapping phones....

I have another issue that I honestly thought was me being crazy. I have had the problem with all three phones.....When my phone is ringing, or any kind of sound notification whatsoever, if I pick it up anything more than gently, the ringer will stop.

I confirmed this today by calling myself from a landline and shaking my phone. Sure as hell, about 3 out of 5 times, the ringer would stop, but I could still answer the call.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

jb20 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Tour 9630
    I'm on my 3rd Tour and after two weeks I was beginning to have trackball issues again. I too was told from VZW that it is a software issue. I decided to take the plunge and replaced my trackball with the black G1 trackball I reveived for my curve from cnn. After watching the tutorial it was a snap to replace the ball. It took no more than 10 minutes. Its definitely hardware releated. The trackball works flawlessly. The ball is great. The ball is bigger and I no longer have the stuttering delay or that grainy feeling I had previously. Now I can say its the best Blackberry that I have had and I have gone through them all .

hallwaypd is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Nashville, TN
    9630 Tour
    I may end up retro-fitting mine as well. On my second tour for a few weeks now and it has worked flawlessly until now. Now it's starting to flake out again.

RIM really screwed the pooch on this one.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789