Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Wirelessly posted

I replaced my 2nd phone because of the trackball. Its a bit better. The issue is hardware.

PIN
    Got ballons and they float...!O!
    Device
    {9630} Juicy's Hybrid .230/371/405 R2
    OS
    I agree some days are worse than other, but that to me is the worsts. I seem like a tease not enough to make you run down to the sprint store. Or even take a extra long lunch to get an replacement not a refurbished. This puts me in a position that stinks because I work six days a week. The software on my Tour is updated next is better software or better hardware.

PIN
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    I'm pretty sure you can call Sprint customer service and asked to be forward to a Blackberry Representative. Tell them the problem and they should be able to overnight you a new phone with a pre labeled box to return your old one. I've done that in the past with other phones.

Quote Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
    I agree some days are worse than other, but that to me is the worsts. I seem like a tease not enough to make you run down to the sprint store. Or even take a extra long lunch to get an replacement not a refurbished. This puts me in a position that stinks because I work six days a week. The software on my Tour is updated next is better software or better hardware.

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by hallwaypd
    I'm pretty sure you can call Sprint customer service and asked to be forward to a Blackberry Representative. Tell them the problem and they should be able to overnight you a new phone with a pre labeled box to return your old one. I've done that in the past with other phones.

Quote Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
    Thanks for the info I will give them a call tonight. Hopefully its not refurbished.

PIN
    Device
    OS
    Wirelessly posted

Thanks for the info I will call them tonight. Hopefully its not refurbished.

The trackball problem is hardware related, if you compare there are 2 revision of the keyboard so far.

The 2nd rev key have "Rev 2" written on the back of the keyboard. So if you know how to open up the tour, you will be able to see it.

PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS

Post Trackball issues

Quote Originally Posted by nicky88xx View Post
    i had this problem. and read somewhere to turn the phone off. press the trackball in and roll it around all different ways while firmly pressing it in. since then i havnt had any problems. but since day one my trackball seems like an after market trackball. like to smoothe and somewhat worn when looked at next to my fiancee's her trackball looks almost like felt black. and hers works flawless and feels flawless. mine is more like a completely smoothe no felt like feeling to it. baught in the same store. same time. its a known issue. if your not happy return it for a new one or call verizon tell them to send you a replacement.

This will w/o a doubt works almost 100% of the time although I have been very lucky and have gotten an almost flawless Tour and except for the dreaded battery door I even got that taken care of by just getting another from my carrier and got lucky,fit tight like a glove.

Just make sure you turn off the phone before your perform this procedure.

PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS

Thumbs down yes - trackball issues

I'm on my third Tour already; up/down was never an issue, but left/right was a huge problem with my first two . . . played with the sensitivity for awhile but eventually gave up.

Obviously this is an ongoing thing; the fact that the Essex will have a touchpad instead of a trackball says it all.:aargh4:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast