PIN
    Got ballons and they float...!O!
    Device
    {9630} Juicy's Hybrid .230/371/405 R2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Thanks for the info I will call them tonight. Hopefully its not refurbished.

Device: Blackberry Niagara 9630 16GB EOS: [9630][HYBRID] Juicy 5.0.0.230/371/405 R2
    Birth Certificate___
    Manufactured: 29/08/09
    Handheld Made: Mexico 5

dumb4ever is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    The trackball problem is hardware related, if you compare there are 2 revision of the keyboard so far.

The 2nd rev key have "Rev 2" written on the back of the keyboard. So if you know how to open up the tour, you will be able to see it.

Jaguarr40 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Post Trackball issues

Quote Originally Posted by nicky88xx View Post
    i had this problem. and read somewhere to turn the phone off. press the trackball in and roll it around all different ways while firmly pressing it in. since then i havnt had any problems. but since day one my trackball seems like an after market trackball. like to smoothe and somewhat worn when looked at next to my fiancee's her trackball looks almost like felt black. and hers works flawless and feels flawless. mine is more like a completely smoothe no felt like feeling to it. baught in the same store. same time. its a known issue. if your not happy return it for a new one or call verizon tell them to send you a replacement.

This will w/o a doubt works almost 100% of the time although I have been very lucky and have gotten an almost flawless Tour and except for the dreaded battery door I even got that taken care of by just getting another from my carrier and got lucky,fit tight like a glove.

Just make sure you turn off the phone before your perform this procedure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"

noahfingway is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow noahfingway On Twitter
    PIN
    ask me
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Thumbs down yes - trackball issues

I'm on my third Tour already; up/down was never an issue, but left/right was a huge problem with my first two . . . played with the sensitivity for awhile but eventually gave up.

Obviously this is an ongoing thing; the fact that the Essex will have a touchpad instead of a trackball says it all.:aargh4:

glockguy is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Bold 9700
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    I am on my 3rd Tour and they have all had the trackball issue......Pressing down hard on it every few days is the best solution I found....aside from endlessly swapping phones....

I have another issue that I honestly thought was me being crazy. I have had the problem with all three phones.....When my phone is ringing, or any kind of sound notification whatsoever, if I pick it up anything more than gently, the ringer will stop.

I confirmed this today by calling myself from a landline and shaking my phone. Sure as hell, about 3 out of 5 times, the ringer would stop, but I could still answer the call.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

jb20 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Tour 9630
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm on my 3rd Tour and after two weeks I was beginning to have trackball issues again. I too was told from VZW that it is a software issue. I decided to take the plunge and replaced my trackball with the black G1 trackball I reveived for my curve from cnn. After watching the tutorial it was a snap to replace the ball. It took no more than 10 minutes. Its definitely hardware releated. The trackball works flawlessly. The ball is great. The ball is bigger and I no longer have the stuttering delay or that grainy feeling I had previously. Now I can say its the best Blackberry that I have had and I have gone through them all .

hallwaypd is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I may end up retro-fitting mine as well. On my second tour for a few weeks now and it has worked flawlessly until now. Now it's starting to flake out again.

RIM really screwed the pooch on this one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234