Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 67

  1. #17
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Didn't work as well for me, mine still stalls and skips lines in text. Guess I'll swap it tomorrow. I had set it to 80-80 a few days ago hoping that would work.



  2. #18
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    Didn't work as well for me, mine still stalls and skips lines in text. Guess I'll swap it tomorrow. I had set it to 80-80 a few days ago hoping that would work.
    Cruz did you try my trick? Worked wonders for my trackball.

  3. #19
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793

    Tour 9630 Trackball Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Cruz did you try my trick? Worked wonders for my trackball.
    I gave it a shot to no avail. I just got off the phone with Verizon, they are saying it is a known software issue, and that RIM has promised a software update to correct the issue. Verizon further states that said software release is promised within 30 days of the Tour release date.

    My question is, those that have replaced the device and the issue was corrected, would it not be hardware related?



  4. #20
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    I gave it a shot to no avail. I just got off the phone with Verizon, they are saying it is a known software issue, and that RIM has promised a software update to correct the issue. Verizon further states that said software release is promised within 30 days of the Tour release date.

    My question is, those that have replaced the device and the issue was corrected, would it not be hardware related?
    They are calling it a software issue, hmm, would love to believe that. I had my device replaced yesterday because of the battery door and the trackball works fine. So that would lead me to believe it's hardware not software.

  5. #21
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    I need to call and get a replacement for mine as well. Ever since my 3 year old threw it at the ground it has been shotty at best :lmao:



  6. #22
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    They are calling it a software issue, hmm, would love to believe that. I had my device replaced yesterday because of the battery door and the trackball works fine. So that would lead me to believe it's hardware not software.

    Verizon replaced the device, loose battery door and Trackball have been corrected.

  7. #23
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Got to love Big Red at: I called today and ordered my replacement no issues. After he said it was on the way I asked if it was a refurb or new phone. He stated refurb and I told him shouldn't it be a new phone being under 30 days an all? He said have you had it for less than 30 days at:

    So this is the kicker he couldn't cancel the order so I have to wait till I get the phone then ship it back, wait till they receive then call and get a new one :angryfire:

  8. #24
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Got to love Big Red at: I called today and ordered my replacement no issues. After he said it was on the way I asked if it was a refurb or new phone. He stated refurb and I told him shouldn't it be a new phone being under 30 days an all? He said have you had it for less than 30 days at:

    So this is the kicker he couldn't cancel the order so I have to wait till I get the phone then ship it back, wait till they receive then call and get a new one :angryfire:
    I'd be pretty upset with the rep and make sure his boss knows it. In fact, I'm about to go do that with Comcrap.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •