Who has trackball problems? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 67

Thread: Who has trackball problems?

  1. #21
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    I need to call and get a replacement for mine as well. Ever since my 3 year old threw it at the ground it has been shotty at best :lmao:




  2. #22
    cruznthru's Avatar
    cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Posts
    793
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    They are calling it a software issue, hmm, would love to believe that. I had my device replaced yesterday because of the battery door and the trackball works fine. So that would lead me to believe it's hardware not software.

    Verizon replaced the device, loose battery door and Trackball have been corrected.

  3. #23
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Got to love Big Red at: I called today and ordered my replacement no issues. After he said it was on the way I asked if it was a refurb or new phone. He stated refurb and I told him shouldn't it be a new phone being under 30 days an all? He said have you had it for less than 30 days at:

    So this is the kicker he couldn't cancel the order so I have to wait till I get the phone then ship it back, wait till they receive then call and get a new one :angryfire:

  4. #24
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Got to love Big Red at: I called today and ordered my replacement no issues. After he said it was on the way I asked if it was a refurb or new phone. He stated refurb and I told him shouldn't it be a new phone being under 30 days an all? He said have you had it for less than 30 days at:

    So this is the kicker he couldn't cancel the order so I have to wait till I get the phone then ship it back, wait till they receive then call and get a new one :angryfire:
    I'd be pretty upset with the rep and make sure his boss knows it. In fact, I'm about to go do that with Comcrap.

  5. #25
    Vogue Themes is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dirty Jerzz
    PIN
    ...i have one of them :)
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    223
    Liked
    0 times
    I have also noticed, and this is very odd, but the trackball of this phone absolutely HATES the heat, so the hotter it is, the slower it is to respond. i have my sensativity turned to 90 now, and its a bit rough sometimes but for the most part im good.

  6. #26
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    I'd be pretty upset with the rep and make sure his boss knows it. In fact, I'm about to go do that with Comcrap.
    Oh I am and she knows :lmao:

  7. #27
    RobNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow RobNyc On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NYC
    PIN
    30BC03CE
    Device
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS
    4.7
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    First few days mine was fine..
    But now lots of issues scrolling left-to-right / right-to-left
    going to take it to the store
    hopefully they just fix the trackball instead of replacing my device
    oh well bah

  8. #28
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNyc View Post
    First few days mine was fine..
    But now lots of issues scrolling left-to-right / right-to-left
    going to take it to the store
    hopefully they just fix the trackball instead of replacing my device
    oh well bah
    According to some other people with the same issue, VZW claims this a software problem not a hardware one and plan on releasing an updated OS to address this.

  9. #29
    RobNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow RobNyc On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    NYC
    PIN
    30BC03CE
    Device
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS
    4.7
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    According to some other people with the same issue, VZW claims this a software problem not a hardware one and plan on releasing an updated OS to address this.
    Thanks .. dont think I can wait for a software update since I have 30 days to decide between my Pre or Tour ..

  10. #30
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Liked
    3 times
    Got another tour in yesterday and sending it back already, has trackball issues horizontal.
    Running BB 9930 7.0.0.353
    BlackBerry Certified Support Specialist (v5.0)

  11. #31
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    According to some other people with the same issue, VZW claims this a software problem not a hardware one and plan on releasing an updated OS to address this.
    When? I just want to install an updated OS but since the Tour's OS has been so stable, except for poor battery life, I'm not going to use hybrids and leaks. Well not yet anyways

    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    Got another tour in yesterday and sending it back already, has trackball issues horizontal.
    Where are these being manufactured?

  12. #32
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    MIne was manufactured in Mexico and have not had any issues with the trackball just a lose battery door that VZW replaced at the store.

  13. #33
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    But I will say this much, having the 8900 and the Tour, the 8900 has a much better trackball as well as keyboard. But the 8900 has the same issue with lose battery doors.

  14. #34
    OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9630
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Posts
    171
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    But I will say this much, having the 8900 and the Tour, the 8900 has a much better trackball as well as keyboard. But the 8900 has the same issue with lose battery doors.
    Mine is from Canada.

    I kinda disagree, the 8900's trackball and keyboard were smaller. I had to really click hard on the 8900's trackball for it to recognize and it actually hurt my finger. The Tour is roomier, feels perfect in my hand. Only thing that worries me is trackball life :/

  15. #35
    fsantiago36's Avatar
    fsantiago36 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    213806F1
    Device
    950 -> 957 -> 8700g -> Curve -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8900
    OS
    5.0.0.314
    Posts
    28
    Liked
    0 times

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    First opened up the tour and the ball wouldn't even scroll right, up and down worked fine though. I had to jack the sensitivity all the way up for it just go to the right, I read on crack berry of tons of people having this problem, anyone here?

    Edit: I also notice some color banding
    I have a Blackberry bold and sometimes very infrequent do I have issues with the trackball. Especially since I have had the bold which is being used on Tmobile network since Obama was elected president. So far I can't see any of the new phones beating out the blackberry bold in power. So I will deal with the infrequent sticking. lol

  16. #36
    BlckBrryMD's Avatar
    BlckBrryMD is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BlckBrryMD On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Device
    Droid 3
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    184
    Liked
    0 times
    Hopefully the one I get tomorrow will arrive sans the trackball issue. If its hardware maybe it was the initial product run, but if its software I would expect the RMA's are hitting VZ and Sprint hard so they would want to get the fix out quickly.

  17. #37
    hallwaypd's Avatar
    hallwaypd is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    PIN
    *******
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    4.7
    Posts
    53
    Liked
    0 times
    I didn't notice the trackball issue at first but as time went on, I've noticed it has progressively gotten worse and worse. I am taking it in tomorrow, but unfortunately my 30 days expired yesterday (even though it took me over a week to get the phone shipped from Sprint). It has a one year manufacturers warranty, so I'm banking on getting somewhere with that.

  18. #38
    Bugly's Avatar
    Bugly is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Bugly On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hilltop, TACO-ma, Wash.
    PIN
    307959E6
    Device
    Antique 9530
    OS
    Whatever works today
    Posts
    353
    Liked
    0 times
    Still looking for mine.... where IS the trackball on a storm? hehehehe!
    (I'm gonna burn for that....)

  19. #39
    QSBBGOD is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PIN
    306e6fcb
    Device
    storm
    OS
    4.0.0.181
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times

    Who has trackball problems?

    If your service is with Verizon, you can swap it out for a brand new Tour within the first 30 days. I work for them so this is good info.


    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    First opened up the tour and the ball wouldn't even scroll right, up and down worked fine though. I had to jack the sensitivity all the way up for it just go to the right, I read on crack berry of tons of people having this problem, anyone here?

    Edit: I also notice some color banding

  20. #40
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by QSBBGOD View Post
    If your service is with Verizon, you can swap it out for a brand new Tour within the first 30 days. I work for them so this is good info.
    You are correct and thank you for posting :fing02:

    Big red is sending my new one as we speak, here is hoping that it is perfect :bigeyes:

    By the way welcome to BlackberryOS
    Last edited by Bryan; 08-15-2009 at 01:28 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •