Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 13

  1. #1
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701

    What are the differences between the Tour and Bold?

    I'm a storm user but my boss is getting a tour in from our sprint rep tomorrow. Most of our users are running 8830's on sprint, half my team is on BB bolds on ATT and i'm on a strom on verizon. So heres my simple question, isn't the tour just the bold but on a different network? What are the differences between the tour and the bold??



  2. #2
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    I'm a storm user but my boss is getting a tour in from our sprint rep tomorrow. Most of our users are running 8830's on sprint, half my team is on BB bolds on ATT and i'm on a strom on verizon. So heres my simple question, isn't the tour just the bold but on a different network? What are the differences between the tour and the bold??
    No, it's more of a Storm with a smaller screen and a keyboard. The Bold has a different screen and a better processor. But yes, it's very comparable to a Bold.

  3. #3
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Yea its pretty much the upgrade to the 8830 not a bold...



  4. #4
    Morganizer's Avatar
    Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by manofice
    What are the differences between the tour and the bold??
    9000 has wifi, 9630 does not. Also Natemz is correct the 9630, like the 8900, is built on the Storm platform where the Bold is a totally unique design.

    Last edited by Morganizer; 07-19-2009 at 08:38 PM.

  5. #5
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    I'm a storm user but my boss is getting a tour in from our sprint rep tomorrow. Most of our users are running 8830's on sprint, half my team is on BB bolds on ATT and i'm on a strom on verizon. So heres my simple question, isn't the tour just the bold but on a different network? What are the differences between the tour and the bold??
    As Morgan said 9630 does not have wifi the 9000 does. If your 9630 was on VZW I would say one is on VZW the other is on crappy AT&T but my experience with Sprint has been just as miserable. Their IDEN technology pales in comparison to VZW's CDMA.



  6. #6
    manofice's Avatar
    manofice is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Charlotte
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    7.0.0.353
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    As Morgan said 9630 does not have wifi the 9000 does. If your 9630 was on VZW I would say one is on VZW the other is on crappy AT&T but my experience with Sprint has been just as miserable. Their IDEN technology pales in comparison to VZW's CDMA.
    I had a 8350i on the iden network and it's pure junk. Maybe it's just me but that bold and tour like very very similiar, lol. guess i look forward to seeing the tour tomorrow

    Edit: Looking at the tour it does look like a storms body
    Last edited by manofice; 07-19-2009 at 08:58 PM.

  7. #7
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by manofice View Post
    Maybe it's just me but that bold and tour like very very similiar, lol. guess i look forward to seeing the tour tomorrow

    Edit: Looking at the tour it does look like a storms body
    You will like the look of the Tour. It feels very natural as well. I would have liked to seen RIM putting a little more thought into the battery cover.

  8. #8
    Stale Pancake's Avatar
    Stale Pancake is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0
    Posts
    31
    Don't forget that the BOLD has the old 128 MB memory stack. You'll be left with the same low amount of memory as those 8300s.

    The Tour has twice that memory. It has 256, and even after several apps are installed, you'll likely still have about 104 MBs of application space. Verizon gave me a 2 GB SD card in the phone as well. And you can remove that and go to 16 GBs.

    Believe it or not, the Tour has better resolution that the Bold. The bold is 480 x 320 (Half VGA) where as the Tour is 480 x 360, slightly superior to half VGA. The Tour even has slightly better battery life.

    If you don't need WiFi, the Tour is the superior product. At least by spec it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •