N/A
    Device
    N/A
    OS
    N/A
    Liked
    0 times

Removing inboxes that should not be there

first of all let me say this device is amazing. i, being a noob to blackberries, have run into a couple kinks.

initially i was trying to set up email directly through the phone using my gmail account, however i wasn't getting emails coming through. my brother suggested that i go through the blackberry/verizon online interface. in the process of him signing me up for that by entering in my MEID and PIN, something got crossed where all his inboxes were sent to my phone. he changed that and re-entered in the ID info for his storm, and he got his inboxes back.

i registered, logged into my account (online), and entered in the information for my gmail account, and poof my gmail account is on my phone. great. now how do i get the other inboxes to go away? i decided for now i like Google's gmail app better, so i deleted my inbox (using the online account) and it was gone off of my phone. there's still 4 of my brother's inboxes that won't go away those inboxes do not receive any messages, so how do i get them off? my computer is a mac if that will make any difference when i try to fix this.

thanks all

medshog is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    N/A
    Device
    N/A
    OS
    N/A
    Liked
    0 times
    i've also gone to email settings, and these inboxes that shouldn't be there don't appear (so i can't find an option to delete them). the name of this system i used to setup emails is BIS Verizon.
    Last edited by medshog; 07-15-2009 at 11:54 AM.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Hey mesh,

if you do a quick back so you don't lose your contacts and other data.
    Do a handheld wipe-options-security-general settings-bb button-wipe handheld.
    Then open DM do an advance back up removing all messages and default settings.

Resend YOUR service books via your carriers BIS site

This should fix yeah up if you have any questions along the way just ask!
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

PIN
    N/A
    Device
    N/A
    OS
    N/A
    Liked
    0 times
    unfortunately desktop manager is windows only, and i probably won't have access to a windows computer until tomorrow. is there anything i can do as i impatiently wait?

sunkast Guest
    Have you tried simply resending the service books from the email settings? I would also try a battery pull.

PIN
    N/A
    Device
    N/A
    OS
    N/A
    Liked
    0 times
    no dice on resending service books, did a battery pull before but no dice on that either. will try again

EDIT: battery pull did nothing either.

i'll borrow a friend's laptop and go through desktop manager and do a backup/wipe/restore.
    Last edited by medshog; 07-15-2009 at 01:12 PM.

sunkast Guest
    There's one other thing you could try. If you are sure you do not have the email address set up in BIS, you could go into the service books on your device and delete the book for the email address. That should remove the inbox for that email.

1. On your device go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.
    2. Scroll down until you see the email address. There will be two entries. One that says [CICAL] after the address and another with [CIMIME].
    3. Highlight the entry that has [CMIME] after it.
    4. Press menu and choose delete.

PIN
    N/A
    Device
    N/A
    OS
    N/A
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    There's one other thing you could try. If you are sure you do not have the email address set up in BIS, you could go into the service books on your device and delete the book for the email address. That should remove the inbox for that email.

1. On your device go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.
    2. Scroll down until you see the email address. There will be two entries. One that says [CICAL] after the address and another with [CIMIME].
    3. Highlight the entry that has [CMIME] after it.
    4. Press menu and choose delete.

worked like a charm, thanks so much

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by medshog View Post
    worked like a charm, thanks so much
    Glad it worked. Come back if you have any other questions or problems.