Battery Door
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Battery Door

  1. #1
    blachance75's Avatar
    blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    0 times

    Battery Door

    Is the battery door made out of plastic?




  2. #2
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    I hear it is and it's loose on a lot of devices

  3. #3
    blachance75's Avatar
    blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    0 times
    If it is plastic than that is truely a bad design. Maybe they will start selling metal door covers.

  4. #4
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Yes, the battery door is made out of plastic. Not like the 8900 a little more sturdy it seems. I have not experienced the loose batt cover, so not sure if it is actually caused by the door being plastic.Though it could be, should it become warped maybe.

  5. #5
    blachance75's Avatar
    blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    0 times
    Maybe the excessive heat that some are reporting is warping the door slightly and making it not fit properly.

  6. #6
    sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blachance75 View Post
    Maybe the excessive heat that some are reporting is warping the door slightly and making it not fit properly.
    i was kind of wondering on the same lines.

  7. #7
    tbcpn's Avatar
    tbcpn is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Device
    Storm2 9550 / Bold 9650 (VZW)
    OS
    5.0.0.??? Hybrid?
    Posts
    140
    Liked
    0 times

    Loose Battery Cover Fixed...for now

    My battery cover was loose with gaps around the edges where it (tried) to meet the body of the phone and the latch rattled a bit. It looks to me like it's a QA issue with the injection molding process.

    At least for the near term I've fixed mine:

    I put two zip ties, one around each end of the cover about 1 cm or so from the ends (obviously, the cover was not attached to the phone :Eyecrazy: ), tightening them carefully until the cover was bowed a bit. Then, I heated the cover, especially along the 'spine' for about two minutes with a hair dryer on high. Allowed the cover to air cool for about ten minutes, and so far the set has held. The gap along the sides is gone, and the latch fits tight. We'll see what the memory is of the material after sitting overnite. YMMV.

    Having said / done all the above, I use a silicone case on my Tour, so the loose battery cover isn't an issue for me. Just gotta tinker sometimes...
    Last edited by tbcpn; 07-14-2009 at 08:29 PM.

  8. #8
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    I don't see this as a issue at people sure if I wanted to pry it open I could. It sits flush and doesn't rattle.

    Its to early to me to comment on overheating but its warmer on the bottom not up where the battery sits. Idk...I like it!
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  9. #9
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    My battery cover was loose with gaps around the edges where it (tried) to meet the body of the phone and the latch rattled a bit. It looks to me like it's a QA issue with the injection molding process.

    At least for the near term I've fixed mine:

    I put two zip ties, one around each end of the cover about 1 cm or so from the ends (obviously, the cover was not attached to the phone :Eyecrazy: ), tightening them carefully until the cover was bowed a bit. Then, I heated the cover, especially along the 'spine' for about two minutes with a hair dryer on high. Allowed the cover to air cool for about ten minutes, and so far the set has held. The gap along the sides is gone, and the latch fits tight. We'll see what the memory is of the material after sitting overnite. YMMV.

    Having said / done all the above, I use a silicone case on my Tour, so the loose battery cover isn't an issue for me. Just gotta tinker sometimes...
    Holy Bill Nye the science guy thanks tbcpn for the great tip :fing02:

  10. #10
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Holy Bill Nye the science guy thanks tbcpn for the great tip :fing02:
    Ummmmmm....yeah....ok Bryan......:22:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  11. #11
    blachance75's Avatar
    blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Holy Bill Nye the science guy thanks tbcpn for the great tip :fing02:
    I'm thinking this may have been more of a McGyver move.





    Maybe not because there was no duct tape or mullets involved.

  12. #12
    Le0_Br4zuC4's Avatar
    Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    398
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I hear it is and it's loose on a lot of devices
    I hear the same ...

    Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

  13. #13
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blachance75 View Post
    I'm thinking this may have been more of a McGyver move.
    Maybe blachance.. Haha :haha:I kind of like the ingenuity of it all....matches and hairspray....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •