Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    I went to the store and played with the tour a bit. I think I could get used to it but I do share some of the concerns about build quality. The 8900 seems to be much more stable as does the Storm.
    the 8900 is rock solid IMO. really well built. At least from my experience I disagree with the Storms quality. I just counted and since Nov 21st I have gone through 12 Storms. I have gone through more Storms than Hugh Heffner goes through girlfriends. Whether its dust under the screen, bad click, compatibility issues with hardware, etc etc., I give the Storm a big thumbs down in terms of build. But that is just my experience others are still on Storm #1. SO I guess it's just a matter of getting lucky, but build quality and luck shouldn't be used in the same sentence IMO.
    Last edited by jlevy73; 07-14-2009 at 08:58 PM.

PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Wirelessly posted

True, even I'm on my 3rd. However, to me it just feels sturdier. The actual quality does vary.

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    But that is just my experience others are still on Storm #1. SO I guess it's just a matter of getting lucky, but build quality and luck shouldn't be used in the same sentence IMO.
    #1 here since 8:00am on 11/23

PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    #9 and still going strong....LOL

PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    #1 for me. I got mine in december and it has taken about 10 good solid falls and it is still running strong.

PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Wirelessly posted

Honestly, the two devices could not be more different and therefore not comparable. The Storm geared towards the multimedia crowd and the Tour is geared more towards the professional. The Tour is the replacement of the 8830we (physical keyboard) which is where the comparison should be made, not to the Storm. In that respect the Tour does beat out the 8830 in every aspect hands down. I personally like this device compared to my 8830. I have not experienced the loose battery door that many have had. I also do not have the screen distortion when using the send or end key. The device is easier to manage and fits nicely in my hand. Picture and video are a nice addition. It will take some getting used to the physical keyboard for some but its easier to use than the 8900 but more difficult than the 9000. I like the suretype and miss it here. But with the new OS's coming out and the rumor of sure type for the physical keyboard devices would make this device more of a pleasure to use.

I do look forward to the Storm 2 and will acquire that device as well.
    Although I always love your help, comments and especially your excellent Hybrids, please do not take this the wrong way bbcrackman, but I thought I clearly stated that my thoughts were for those individuals out there that had a Storm and were thinking about trying or buying the Tour. Maybe my wording was off and I will fix the original post.

I rarely give a review, or overview because I fear giving some wrong advice to a member of the BBOS website. I was purely, and in all good intentions, trying to voice what I found to be the differences between the Tour and the Storm. I understand the differences between a multi media device and a professional device. I use my Blackberry devices for both. Since the Tour can play music, videos and take pics as well be on my companies BES than I consider that a blend just like my Storm.

I apologize to all those that read my thoughts and did not get the information that they needed while conducting their research on the Tour.

Again, I was just voicing what I personally experienced with my Tour and Storm.

Thank you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Pain Producer View Post
    Although I always love your help, comments and especially your excellent Hybrids, please do not take this the wrong way bbcrackman, but I thought I clearly stated that my thoughts were for those individuals out there that had a Storm and were thinking about trying or buying the Tour. Maybe my wording was off and I will fix the original post.

I rarely give a review, or overview because I fear giving some wrong advice to a member of the BBOS website. I was purely, and in all good intentions, trying to voice what I found to be the differences between the Tour and the Storm. I understand the differences between a multi media device and a professional device. I use my Blackberry devices for both. Since the Tour can play music, videos and take pics as well be on my companies BES than I consider that a blend just like my Storm.

I apologize to all those that read my thoughts and did not get the information that they needed while conducting their research on the Tour.

Again, I was just voicing what I personally experienced with my Tour and Storm.

Thank you guys!

Pain I think BBC was just expressing his opinion as well on the Tour I think in no way was BBC "coming down" on you. He still has the 8830 (among others lol) and was just expressing that this is truly an upgrade for others coming from that phone.

I know everyone here appreciates your reviews on the Tour and from what I have seen most that are buying the Tour are coming from the Storm. So your reviews are very relevant. Please keep them coming as I for one love reading them :fing02:

PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Pain I think BBC was just expressing his opinion as well on the Tour I think in no way was BBC "coming down" on you. He still has the 8830 (among others lol) and was just expressing that this is truly an upgrade for others coming from that phone.

I know everyone here appreciates your reviews on the Tour and from what I have seen most that are buying the Tour are coming from the Storm. So your reviews are very relevant. Please keep them coming as I for one love reading them :fing02:
    Thank you Bryan. I really appreciate your words. I had read his post last night before bed and it stayed with me.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast