Gnome_Sayin is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    30B8261D
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I went through 4 Storms before finally giving up. I was torn between yet another storm or to try the Tour.

By looking at how I used the device, I decided that maybe the Tour would be a better fit for me. I found that I didn't use the Storm for multimedia much.. hardly watched movies and some pics. I do however, text ALOT. I had issues with the Storm not keeping up with me, and the spelling correcter drove me CRAZY!!! lol I tried every SW leak, right up to .148, didn't quite get to .151.

I gave the Tour a shot and so far, I'm totally pleased. I really enjoy typing on the physical keys and while I miss the huge screen on the Storm, I am happy with the Tour screen.

Getting the Tour is SO different than the Storm. I am absolutely loving all the short cuts, being able to assign speed dials to about every key on the keyboard! One thing that I really like is that you can just start typing someone's name and it will grab them from my contacts.. no more having to go into my contacts, then clicking search, then typing. I love it!

I can't knock those that are staying with the Storm, it's still a great phone. Luckily, when I traded my Storm for Tour, my upgrade date stayed the same. So, this november, I'll be looking at possibly upgrading again (storm2 hopefully!).

Jamie

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome_Sayin View Post
    I went through 4 Storms before finally giving up. I was torn between yet another storm or to try the Tour.

By looking at how I used the device, I decided that maybe the Tour would be a better fit for me. I found that I didn't use the Storm for multimedia much.. hardly watched movies and some pics. I do however, text ALOT. I had issues with the Storm not keeping up with me, and the spelling correcter drove me CRAZY!!! lol I tried every SW leak, right up to .148, didn't quite get to .151.

I gave the Tour a shot and so far, I'm totally pleased. I really enjoy typing on the physical keys and while I miss the huge screen on the Storm, I am happy with the Tour screen.

Getting the Tour is SO different than the Storm. I am absolutely loving all the short cuts, being able to assign speed dials to about every key on the keyboard! One thing that I really like is that you can just start typing someone's name and it will grab them from my contacts.. no more having to go into my contacts, then clicking search, then typing. I love it!

I can't knock those that are staying with the Storm, it's still a great phone. Luckily, when I traded my Storm for Tour, my upgrade date stayed the same. So, this november, I'll be looking at possibly upgrading again (storm2 hopefully!).

Jamie
    I'm with you. The Storm 2 is going to be interesting. Welcome to BlackberryOS.

Gnome_Sayin is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    30B8261D
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Sunkast.

bboss is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    SureType is quirky. Didn't use it enough to know whether I like or dislike it. I could see myself adjusting to it but I ask "why?" I'm happy not to get touch feedback.

Without having tried the Pearl, I can see why it is good for one handed typing. It shares TouchPal's idea of fat keys and letting the software intelligence figure out which letter of the two you meant to press. Having to type hit the exact key for each letter seems backwards in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    Welcome to BlackberryOS.

How did you like suretype on the Storm? Suretype is much easier when it comes to one handed typing. The best BlackBerry for one handed typing is the Pearl. However it's not really a great device compared to what is out now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234