Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am giving up! Back to the Storm for me

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    I went to the store and played with the tour a bit. I think I could get used to it but I do share some of the concerns about build quality. The 8900 seems to be much more stable as does the Storm.
    the 8900 is rock solid IMO. really well built. At least from my experience I disagree with the Storms quality. I just counted and since Nov 21st I have gone through 12 Storms. I have gone through more Storms than Hugh Heffner goes through girlfriends. Whether its dust under the screen, bad click, compatibility issues with hardware, etc etc., I give the Storm a big thumbs down in terms of build. But that is just my experience others are still on Storm #1. SO I guess it's just a matter of getting lucky, but build quality and luck shouldn't be used in the same sentence IMO.
    Last edited by jlevy73; 07-14-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

True, even I'm on my 3rd. However, to me it just feels sturdier. The actual quality does vary.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    But that is just my experience others are still on Storm #1. SO I guess it's just a matter of getting lucky, but build quality and luck shouldn't be used in the same sentence IMO.
    #1 here since 8:00am on 11/23

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    #9 and still going strong....LOL

blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    #1 for me. I got mine in december and it has taken about 10 good solid falls and it is still running strong.

Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Wirelessly posted

Honestly, the two devices could not be more different and therefore not comparable. The Storm geared towards the multimedia crowd and the Tour is geared more towards the professional. The Tour is the replacement of the 8830we (physical keyboard) which is where the comparison should be made, not to the Storm. In that respect the Tour does beat out the 8830 in every aspect hands down. I personally like this device compared to my 8830. I have not experienced the loose battery door that many have had. I also do not have the screen distortion when using the send or end key. The device is easier to manage and fits nicely in my hand. Picture and video are a nice addition. It will take some getting used to the physical keyboard for some but its easier to use than the 8900 but more difficult than the 9000. I like the suretype and miss it here. But with the new OS's coming out and the rumor of sure type for the physical keyboard devices would make this device more of a pleasure to use.

I do look forward to the Storm 2 and will acquire that device as well.
    Although I always love your help, comments and especially your excellent Hybrids, please do not take this the wrong way bbcrackman, but I thought I clearly stated that my thoughts were for those individuals out there that had a Storm and were thinking about trying or buying the Tour. Maybe my wording was off and I will fix the original post.

I rarely give a review, or overview because I fear giving some wrong advice to a member of the BBOS website. I was purely, and in all good intentions, trying to voice what I found to be the differences between the Tour and the Storm. I understand the differences between a multi media device and a professional device. I use my Blackberry devices for both. Since the Tour can play music, videos and take pics as well be on my companies BES than I consider that a blend just like my Storm.

I apologize to all those that read my thoughts and did not get the information that they needed while conducting their research on the Tour.

Again, I was just voicing what I personally experienced with my Tour and Storm.

Thank you guys!
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Storm 2, Until 4/29 went to "INCREDIBLE"
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pain Producer View Post
    Although I always love your help, comments and especially your excellent Hybrids, please do not take this the wrong way bbcrackman, but I thought I clearly stated that my thoughts were for those individuals out there that had a Storm and were thinking about trying or buying the Tour. Maybe my wording was off and I will fix the original post.

I rarely give a review, or overview because I fear giving some wrong advice to a member of the BBOS website. I was purely, and in all good intentions, trying to voice what I found to be the differences between the Tour and the Storm. I understand the differences between a multi media device and a professional device. I use my Blackberry devices for both. Since the Tour can play music, videos and take pics as well be on my companies BES than I consider that a blend just like my Storm.

I apologize to all those that read my thoughts and did not get the information that they needed while conducting their research on the Tour.

Thank you guys!

Pain I think BBC was just expressing his opinion as well on the Tour I think in no way was BBC "coming down" on you. He still has the 8830 (among others lol) and was just expressing that this is truly an upgrade for others coming from that phone.

I know everyone here appreciates your reviews on the Tour and from what I have seen most that are buying the Tour are coming from the Storm. So your reviews are very relevant. Please keep them coming as I for one love reading them :fing02:

PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Pain I think BBC was just expressing his opinion as well on the Tour I think in no way was BBC "coming down" on you. He still has the 8830 (among others lol) and was just expressing that this is truly an upgrade for others coming from that phone.

I know everyone here appreciates your reviews on the Tour and from what I have seen most that are buying the Tour are coming from the Storm. So your reviews are very relevant. Please keep them coming as I for one love reading them :fing02:
    Thank you Bryan. I really appreciate your words. I had read his post last night before bed and it stayed with me.
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Thank you Bryan. I really appreciate your words. I had read his post last night before bed and it stayed with me.
    Anytime Pain

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    I may be one of the few then who loves the Tour. No problems here.
    i'm with you on that one BBos! I really like to tour I have no hardware issues that peep's have spoke of. Yes the battery cover is a little lose but it doesn't shake or rattle at all. The screen is beautiful and solid, no discoloration in any way.

I love the idea behind the storm I would take it over the iphone in a heartbeat. If I had to choose between the storm and the tour TODAY it would be the tour. Now if both device's where sporting a solid smooth running os I would lean towards the storm. It's a way cooler device I really like the big screen and the landscape option is awesome.

Pain producer that was a great review and comparison. I think your review was very well written and touch on some valid points and I think you did a great job of voiceing your pros/cons and from where I sit I either dont see them as deal breakers or I dont have the same issues.

I agree with bbcrackman that these are to very different devices and I dont in any way think that his intension is to correct you.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your comments and reviews.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Liked
    0 times
    Sounds good smcoldbb. Thank you
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)

PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I won in the end. I took the Tour in to replace it for a new one and they did. I then set it all up and gave it to my lovely wife. She is coming from the curve 8330 and she is very happy. I am enjoying my Storm and My house is in harmony!

Thank you all
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)

Ukyo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Ukyo On Twitter
    PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Wow.. at the store returning my tour and the return was fine buy my upgrade eligibility date has not changed. Waiting for them to get it fixed in the system. Could be cuz I exchanged the tour once. Either way I don't want a surprise when I try to upgrade to the storm 2.

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times

Thank you guys!
    No worries, its all good. I was just saying that they were not comparible in general. Did not mean to infringe on your review.
    I still have my Storm and use them both..
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 07-16-2009 at 11:07 PM.

watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    you should have never left the almighty storm!!!!!!!!!!!

PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    you should have never left the almighty storm!!!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed!! I am back home with Mr. Stormy and loving it! I will never stray again...Except for Storm 2
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Agreed!! I am back home with Mr. Stormy and loving it! I will never stray again...Except for Storm 2
    Pain, I am in EXACT same boat

Got the tour today....played with it...not impressed, small screen...then it randomly rebooted on me (no apps or anything) and that was the top off...so back to my storm love (sorry storm that I betrayed you for an hour ) and happy now

PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Pain, I am in EXACT same boat

Got the tour today....played with it...not impressed, small screen...then it randomly rebooted on me (no apps or anything) and that was the top off...so back to my storm love (sorry storm that I betrayed you for an hour ) and happy now
    I am sorry you had the problems Olta777. I am sooo glad to be back with my Storm. The Tour is a fun phone but not for me.
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)

bboss is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    0 times
    I was shopping for my first BB device at the VZW store yesterday, checking out both the Tour and the Storm.

My current device is a HTC Touch on Sprint with the third party TouchPal virtual keyboard. Despite whatever else may suck about this WM experience, the ease of one handed touch typing is a joy with the TouchPal.

However, the rest of the phone does suck and hence the shopping for BB.

One handing typing on the Tour is hard. The keys are beveled directionally for each hand.

One handed typing on the Storm wasn't easy either. Maybe I had to choose the right keyboard, get used to it or put it in landscape mode.

I'm gonna wait a few months for either the Tour to get the kinks out or long enough for me to get a peek at the Storm 2 (or G2).

Thanks for the pros and cons on the Tour.
    Last edited by bboss; 07-17-2009 at 05:49 PM.

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bboss View Post
    I was shopping for my first BB device at the VZW store yesterday, checking out both the Tour and the Storm.

My current device is a HTC Touch on Sprint with the third party TouchPal virtual keyboard. Despite whatever else may suck about this WM experience, the ease of one handed touch typing is a joy with the TouchPal.

However, the rest of the phone does suck and hence the shopping for BB.

One handing typing on the Tour is hard. The keys are beveled directionally for each hand.

One handed typing on the Storm wasn't easy either. Maybe I had to choose the right keyboard, get used to it or put it in landscape mode.

I'm gonna wait a few months for either the Tour to get the kinks out or long enough for me to get a peek at the Storm 2 (or G2).

Thanks for the pros and cons on the Tour.
    Welcome to BlackberryOS.

How did you like suretype on the Storm? Suretype is much easier when it comes to one handed typing. The best BlackBerry for one handed typing is the Pearl. However it's not really a great device compared to what is out now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast