Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Returning Tour:

PIN
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Wirelessly posted

I don't know that these quality problems are indicitive of RIM's other devices in the past. As ready as I am to move on from the 8830, I have to say this is one of the most rigid and quality devices I have ever owned, from any company. It has been dropped so many times I couldn't count and its as solid as the day I bought it.

Just keep in mind that all manufacturers and cutting corners to keep prices low. Its a consequence of our economy and the rising prices of materials. The thing that irks me is that I'm willing to pay more for quality, but unfortunately most people aren't.

PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    With all the hybrids and new Storm firmware releases, I'm def returning my Tour. Gonna wait for the Storm 2.

Device
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    With all the hybrids and new Storm firmware releases, I'm def returning my Tour. Gonna wait for the Storm 2.
    Wow. Another one going back. I was wondering what you were going to do.

PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRLyman View Post
    Wow. Another one going back. I was wondering what you were going to do.
    Don't get me wrong. The Tour's a very nice BB but I'm def a Storm person. I'm a bit mad I will have to pay for the $35 restocking fee once I return the Storm... that and I ordered a $5 case from ebay for the Tour... haha... :laugh2:

Device
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    Don't get me wrong. The Tour's a very nice BB but I'm def a Storm person. I'm a bit mad I will have to pay for the $35 restocking fee once I return the Storm... that and I ordered a $5 case from ebay for the Tour... haha... :laugh2:
    Just think of it as a rental fee that was paid to test the phone out to see if it suited you. Sounds much better that way

PIN
    30B8261D
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Glad I saw this post.. I was just going to start one regarding this issue.

I didn't notice until after I got out of the store that the small plastic trim strip at the bottom, under the space bar with the Verizon logo was raised right where the space bar is. drove me nuts!!

Today I went back to the store and exchanged it. Man, I hated to exchange the phone for that 10 cent piece of plastic, but it did interfere with my typing.

The manager was kinda pissed that I wanted to exchange my phone (I had issues with him before) but he did anyway. I had the tech get a couple different phones to choose from.

Phone #2 had one side of the trim strip sticking up too. It looked like it was slightly bent before the build person put it on the phone.. probably from rushing it on the assembly line

Phone #3 was perfect. Battery door was pretty awesome too. Very little gap and when I powered up the phone, I pressed the keys near the screen and I couldn't see anything on the screen either.

Took the phone home, and I'm a happy camper again.. lets hope I'm done with 2 Tours.. Don't want a repeat of my Storm experience! lol

Jamie

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345