Returning Tour: - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Returning Tour:

  1. #21
    mule0331's Avatar
    mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595
    Liked
    0 times
    Man, in reading all of these, looks like my intuition at the store after an hour of playing with it might have been dead on. Glad I waited. not saying its a done deal, just gonna stand pat for a few and wait to see updates.


    No matter where you go, there you are


  2. #22
    mule0331's Avatar
    mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595
    Liked
    0 times
    There is another thread that is really interesting, speculative but interesting. That thread is about where the phone was manufactured. Seems like everybody had good luck with products made in Canada, while people with phones made in Mexico didn't fair so well. Again pure speculation at this point, but interesting none the less. This includes the Storm as well.
    No matter where you go, there you are

  3. #23
    Pain Producer's Avatar
    Pain Producer is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    PIN
    T OF GUINN
    Device
    9550 Storm 2 Verizon
    OS
    5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK)
    Posts
    940
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mule0331 View Post
    Man, in reading all of these, looks like my intuition at the store after an hour of playing with it might have been dead on. Glad I waited. not saying its a done deal, just gonna stand pat for a few and wait to see updates.
    I agree mule. if you like your storm than I would stay with that. I am going back to it.
    UPDATE:
    Verizon Storm 2, Until 4/29 went to "INCREDIBLE"
    Verizon Tour (Wife's)
    OS: 9550--5.0.0.607/643 (OOAK w/all the fixes)
    OS: 9630--5.0.0.643

  4. #24
    louwiid's Avatar
    louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Just got my Tour in. I do have the battery door movement, not a lot or making me want to return it. No screen problems, its nice and tight. I actually think the Tour screen looks so much better then the Storm screen. Thankfully I will be using both the Storm and the Tour so I get the best of both worlds.
    A bi-GOD, by GOD?

    ----------------
    Now playing: ESPN - The B.S. Report: 7/9
    via FoxyTunes
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

  5. #25
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by louwiid View Post
    A bi-GOD, by GOD?
    ummmmm.....I'm gonna leave that one alone
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  6. #26
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay, the Tour was returned and I am back to the Storm. I played with the remaining 7 Tours at the BB store on Raintree/101. Each of them the battery cover was worse than the one I had. One other one had the buttons loose...The young lady there smiled and said "I guess you should keep the Storm for now" and we both laughed. I told her, "Guess I will."

    Please don't take my experience for the gospel and by all means try it if you desire. I personally think the Storm is better for me using OS 151 than the Tour.

  7. #27
    blachance75's Avatar
    blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    0 times
    Did other BBs have such poor manufacturing quality when they were released? It seems kind of crazy that people are having so many issues with the hardware. I can see finding some bugs in the software but the construction and tolerances on the case itself wrong.

  8. #28
    Ukyo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Ukyo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay area
    PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Posts
    196
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blachance75 View Post
    Did other BBs have such poor manufacturing quality when they were released? It seems kind of crazy that people are having so many issues with the hardware. I can see finding some bugs in the software but the construction and tolerances on the case itself wrong.
    Who knows but I will say this... since RIM and Blackberries have gained market share and popularity, more and more consumers are using them and not just business folks. We all know consumers complain the loudest while the business folks only complain to their IT/Communications dept. :laugh2:

  9. #29
    blachance75's Avatar
    blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Western Mass
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Posts
    358
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    We all know consumers complain the loudest while the business folks only complain to their IT/Communications dept. :laugh2:
    That's so true. The IT guy where I work hangs out in the office with me a lot and he gets all sorts of stupid calls from people complaining that something doesn't work. His first question is always the same, is it plugged in and turned on?

  10. #30
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    Who knows but I will say this... since RIM and Blackberries have gained market share and popularity, more and more consumers are using them and not just business folks. We all know consumers complain the loudest while the business folks only complain to their IT/Communications dept. :laugh2:
    This is very true but I can't imagine that build quality is not an issue for both (consumers and business folks).

  11. #31
    Ukyo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Ukyo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay area
    PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Posts
    196
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    This is very true but I can't imagine that build quality is not an issue for both (consumers and business folks).
    Well that's the thing, it's not like the phones are literally DOA or broken. Some defects here and there, yes. Consumers just feel they need a perfect product for their hard earned dollars and I don't blame them, not all of us can write it off as a business expense. But again consumers complain the loudest. Other factors may be since RIM has gotten into the consumer market, they need to have great deal more of phones manufacturered and probably outsourced to different companies, some of them probably cheaper and less than stellar standards of QA.

    In short, for all we know, nothing has really changed, we're just hearing more of these complaints cuz of consumers, forums, and blogs.

  12. #32
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    Well that's the thing, it's not like the phones are literally DOA or broken. Some defects here and there, yes. Consumers just feel they need a perfect product for their hard earned dollars and I don't blame them, not all of us can write it off as a business expense. But again consumers complain the loudest. Other factors may be since RIM has gotten into the consumer market, they need to have great deal more of phones manufacturered and probably outsourced to different companies, some of them probably cheaper and less than stellar standards of QA.

    In short, for all we know, nothing has really changed, we're just hearing more of these complaints cuz of consumers, forums, and blogs.

    Your right and I get to write my phones off, but the (at least 9) Tours I tried all were poorly built (All were from Mexico). I just remember the Storm Builds being terrible until later in the release cycle. I am going to wait.
    Last edited by P3Designs; 07-15-2009 at 07:38 PM.

  13. #33
    hallwaypd's Avatar
    hallwaypd is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    PIN
    *******
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    4.7
    Posts
    53
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I don't know that these quality problems are indicitive of RIM's other devices in the past. As ready as I am to move on from the 8830, I have to say this is one of the most rigid and quality devices I have ever owned, from any company. It has been dropped so many times I couldn't count and its as solid as the day I bought it.

    Just keep in mind that all manufacturers and cutting corners to keep prices low. Its a consequence of our economy and the rising prices of materials. The thing that irks me is that I'm willing to pay more for quality, but unfortunately most people aren't.

  14. #34
    Ukyo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Ukyo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay area
    PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Posts
    196
    Liked
    0 times
    With all the hybrids and new Storm firmware releases, I'm def returning my Tour. Gonna wait for the Storm 2.

  15. #35
    DRLyman's Avatar
    DRLyman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Device
    9550
    Posts
    79
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    With all the hybrids and new Storm firmware releases, I'm def returning my Tour. Gonna wait for the Storm 2.
    Wow. Another one going back. I was wondering what you were going to do.

  16. #36
    Ukyo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Ukyo On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay area
    PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Posts
    196
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DRLyman View Post
    Wow. Another one going back. I was wondering what you were going to do.
    Don't get me wrong. The Tour's a very nice BB but I'm def a Storm person. I'm a bit mad I will have to pay for the $35 restocking fee once I return the Storm... that and I ordered a $5 case from ebay for the Tour... haha... :laugh2:

  17. #37
    DRLyman's Avatar
    DRLyman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rockford, IL
    Device
    9550
    Posts
    79
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    Don't get me wrong. The Tour's a very nice BB but I'm def a Storm person. I'm a bit mad I will have to pay for the $35 restocking fee once I return the Storm... that and I ordered a $5 case from ebay for the Tour... haha... :laugh2:
    Just think of it as a rental fee that was paid to test the phone out to see if it suited you. Sounds much better that way

  18. #38
    Gnome_Sayin is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    PIN
    30B8261D
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    4.7.1.40
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times
    Glad I saw this post.. I was just going to start one regarding this issue.

    I didn't notice until after I got out of the store that the small plastic trim strip at the bottom, under the space bar with the Verizon logo was raised right where the space bar is. drove me nuts!!

    Today I went back to the store and exchanged it. Man, I hated to exchange the phone for that 10 cent piece of plastic, but it did interfere with my typing.

    The manager was kinda pissed that I wanted to exchange my phone (I had issues with him before) but he did anyway. I had the tech get a couple different phones to choose from.

    Phone #2 had one side of the trim strip sticking up too. It looked like it was slightly bent before the build person put it on the phone.. probably from rushing it on the assembly line

    Phone #3 was perfect. Battery door was pretty awesome too. Very little gap and when I powered up the phone, I pressed the keys near the screen and I couldn't see anything on the screen either.

    Took the phone home, and I'm a happy camper again.. lets hope I'm done with 2 Tours.. Don't want a repeat of my Storm experience! lol

    Jamie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •