smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I think that was for the Bold.
    It was J and from what I have been reading some of the standard key board shortcuts we all know aren't working on the Tour
    Duh. at:

Oh well it sounded good . At least we know quicklaunch works :arms:

ErinAF is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Tour
    Thanks for the great info on the way profiles work. I'm still seeing a bug in mine and I'm wondering if there is a quicker way around this.

For mms messages I set it to the sound I wanted in the Normal profile. However anyone whose ring tone I have edited is now picking up the phone default for their mms sound instead of what I set for the profile. Anyone have any idea if there is a way to globally fix that or if I have to go in and edit the mms setting for each person I set to their own ring tone?

Device
    Tour

Google Maps version seems to be for the Storm

Quote Originally Posted by tbcpn View Post
    I downloaded Google Maps 3.0.2 to my Tour, but I cannot get a cursor to navigate to the zoom or my location buttons. Am I totally missing something or is Google Maps not ready for the Tour?
    It seems like the version of google maps we are getting is the Storm one which doesn't work very well without the touch screen. Has anyone been able to successfully get a different version of google maps on the phone? If so how?

How about the google mobile apps pack? I can't seem to find a link that works to that on the Tour

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinAF View Post
    Thanks for the great info on the way profiles work. I'm still seeing a bug in mine and I'm wondering if there is a quicker way around this.

For mms messages I set it to the sound I wanted in the Normal profile. However anyone whose ring tone I have edited is now picking up the phone default for their mms sound instead of what I set for the profile. Anyone have any idea if there is a way to globally fix that or if I have to go in and edit the mms setting for each person I set to their own ring tone?
    Erin first of all welcome to BlackberryOS

The easiest way I have found to avoid the glitches that come on the sound profiles with both the Tour and the Storm is to set up a custom profile. That seems to solve all the issue that the standard profiles come with for me.

Device
    Tour

Tried that already unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Erin first of all welcome to BlackberryOS

The easiest way I have found to avoid the glitches that come on the sound profiles with both the Tour and the Storm is to set up a custom profile. That seems to solve all the issue that the standard profiles come with for me.
    Setting up a custom profile was the first thing I tried actually and it didn't work. :/

Thanks for the welcome! I've actually searched here a lot before but my questions were usually already answered so I never actually created an account.

rryoung is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    blackberry storm
    OS
    my tip download QSMS its a great app that lets you compose a text by pressing the letter Q. very usefull.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by rryoung View Post
    my tip download QSMS its a great app that lets you compose a text by pressing the letter Q. very usefull.
    Excellent tip

Here is the link if anyone is interested

Quick SMS: Speed dial for SMS - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Software on OnlyBlackBerry.com

bx2md is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow bx2md On Twitter
    PIN
    3287c1e7
    Device
    style/s2
    OS
    6.0/5.0
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    This is good especially since I don't have any of the newer devices to play with.
    we need to work on that ....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast