Tried that already unfortunately
Setting up a custom profile was the first thing I tried actually and it didn't work. :/
Originally Posted by Bryan
Thanks for the welcome! I've actually searched here a lot before but my questions were usually already answered so I never actually created an account.
my tip download QSMS its a great app that lets you compose a text by pressing the letter Q. very usefull.
we need to work on that ....
Originally Posted by sunkast
it is a very good tip thanks
Thanks for the write up, but this still doesn't work like it did on 4.5
No matter what, I still get sounds in the holster. Only fix is to change custom vibe to in holster only. But then everything vibrates the same. Two vibes for sms, mms, twitter, facebook, bbm, aim, you get the idea. I have no idea what kind of message is coming in. Why is this no longer possible?
Welcome to BlackberryOS. That does seem to be an issue with only 4.5.
Originally Posted by b.rich
i'm not sure if anybody talk about youtube on the Tour. We all know that the youtube app doesn't work on the tour, all you simply do is on your phone browser, go to m.youtube.com and you should be able to play any youtube video on your phone.
Wirelessly posted (9530 Storm)
This is how it is on the Storm too. I've just gotten in the habit of editing a contacts Messages sound at the same time I set the custom ringtone.
Originally Posted by ErinAF
Additional Tips and Tricks
I was rummaging through some other sites and have compiled some cool tips and tricks for those using the Tour. Some of these are for any BB qwerty phone while others are specific to the Tour. I would like to thank Crackberry and Pinstack for some of these:
1. Hold down the the letter Q to turn the ringers off and put it in vibrate mode. Press and hold Q again to turn it back on.
2. Press and hold the letter A to lock the phone
3. To reboot the phone, press and hold the alt key and the right shift key at the same time and then press delete
4. While in the clock, press the BB button to get all sorts of option, such as changing the clock to digital, changing it to look like an old school bedside alarm clock, turning on the alarm clock, using the stopwatch, etc.
5. Press and hold green talk button to pull up your contact list
6. Press and hold BB button to get list of programs that are running in the background
7. This is kind of for all bb's but people ask this anyway so I will put it here. If you type things that need 's at the end simply setup a quicktext to be s %b's and then when you type for example: Ted s it will turn it into Ted's
also many shortcuts for the device are located in the help file right on the device.. open help select shortcuts. There is shortcuts all over its good to read them and learn them they can be very useful
8. H while in browser takes u to ur homepage
9. Additional browser tips:
While in browser
i to zoom in
O to zoom out
K to pull up bookmarks menu
G to pull up url/search bars/history
A to add the currrnt page as a bookmark
U to increase screen space by removing the top bar
And of course space and left-alt+space to page down/up, respectivley.
10. In the browser press Z to switch between page view and column view
11. Use the right convenience key while taking pictures. It is a two part key meaning you can hold it half way down to prefocus. Then you can either press the rest of the way down or push the trackball to immediately snap the picture.
12. While in the camera, the space bar changes the flash settings between automatic, off and on plus it will turn on low light mode for video.
this is awesome tips for the tour and i hope everyone that has one knows of these and i was going to post the same thing i'm glad i did a search lollol
Originally Posted by jlevy73
great going jlevy.....kudos
Nice list of tricks, thanks...
Nice list 2 thumbs up!
Posted via mobile device
I just recently had to switch to a Tour because I was tired of my Eris.
Is there a way to contol the ringer volume with the Right Side Volume controls? the buttons seem rather useless.
The ringer can not be controlled by the side buttons. Those buttons all u to adjust the volume during a phone call or adjust the music volume. That's basically it for those. To change the ringer volume. Go into your profiles icon and then select profiles. Choose the profile that you use most and then select phone. Here you can adjust the volume and test it as well. Hope that helps.
Originally Posted by kevin
Posted via mobile device
Tags for this Thread