ErinAF is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Tour
    Liked
    0 times

Tried that already unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Erin first of all welcome to BlackberryOS

The easiest way I have found to avoid the glitches that come on the sound profiles with both the Tour and the Storm is to set up a custom profile. That seems to solve all the issue that the standard profiles come with for me.
    Setting up a custom profile was the first thing I tried actually and it didn't work. :/

Thanks for the welcome! I've actually searched here a lot before but my questions were usually already answered so I never actually created an account.

rryoung is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    blackberry storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    my tip download QSMS its a great app that lets you compose a text by pressing the letter Q. very usefull.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rryoung View Post
    my tip download QSMS its a great app that lets you compose a text by pressing the letter Q. very usefull.
    Excellent tip

Here is the link if anyone is interested

Quick SMS: Speed dial for SMS - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Software on OnlyBlackBerry.com

bx2md is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow bx2md On Twitter
    PIN
    3287c1e7
    Device
    style/s2
    OS
    6.0/5.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    This is good especially since I don't have any of the newer devices to play with.
    we need to work on that ....

PIN
    3287c1e7
    Device
    style/s2
    OS
    6.0/5.0
    Liked
    0 times
    it is a very good tip thanks

b.rich is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow b.rich On Twitter
    PIN
    30bd7e63
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the write up, but this still doesn't work like it did on 4.5

No matter what, I still get sounds in the holster. Only fix is to change custom vibe to in holster only. But then everything vibrates the same. Two vibes for sms, mms, twitter, facebook, bbm, aim, you get the idea. I have no idea what kind of message is coming in. Why is this no longer possible?

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by b.rich View Post
    Thanks for the write up, but this still doesn't work like it did on 4.5

No matter what, I still get sounds in the holster. Only fix is to change custom vibe to in holster only. But then everything vibrates the same. Two vibes for sms, mms, twitter, facebook, bbm, aim, you get the idea. I have no idea what kind of message is coming in. Why is this no longer possible?
    Welcome to BlackberryOS. That does seem to be an issue with only 4.5.

malsadig is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello all;

i'm not sure if anybody talk about youtube on the Tour. We all know that the youtube app doesn't work on the tour, all you simply do is on your phone browser, go to m.youtube.com and you should be able to play any youtube video on your phone.

Thank you.

xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9530 Storm)

Quote Originally Posted by ErinAF
    Thanks for the great info on the way profiles work. I'm still seeing a bug in mine and I'm wondering if there is a quicker way around this.

For mms messages I set it to the sound I wanted in the Normal profile. However anyone whose ring tone I have edited is now picking up the phone default for their mms sound instead of what I set for the profile. Anyone have any idea if there is a way to globally fix that or if I have to go in and edit the mms setting for each person I set to their own ring tone?
    This is how it is on the Storm too. I've just gotten in the habit of editing a contacts Messages sound at the same time I set the custom ringtone.

~X

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times

Additional Tips and Tricks

I was rummaging through some other sites and have compiled some cool tips and tricks for those using the Tour. Some of these are for any BB qwerty phone while others are specific to the Tour. I would like to thank Crackberry and Pinstack for some of these:

1. Hold down the the letter Q to turn the ringers off and put it in vibrate mode. Press and hold Q again to turn it back on.
    2. Press and hold the letter A to lock the phone
    3. To reboot the phone, press and hold the alt key and the right shift key at the same time and then press delete
    4. While in the clock, press the BB button to get all sorts of option, such as changing the clock to digital, changing it to look like an old school bedside alarm clock, turning on the alarm clock, using the stopwatch, etc.
    5. Press and hold green talk button to pull up your contact list
    6. Press and hold BB button to get list of programs that are running in the background
    7. This is kind of for all bb's but people ask this anyway so I will put it here. If you type things that need 's at the end simply setup a quicktext to be s %b's and then when you type for example: Ted s it will turn it into Ted's
    also many shortcuts for the device are located in the help file right on the device.. open help select shortcuts. There is shortcuts all over its good to read them and learn them they can be very useful
    8. H while in browser takes u to ur homepage
    9. Additional browser tips:
    While in browser
    i to zoom in
    O to zoom out
    K to pull up bookmarks menu
    G to pull up url/search bars/history
    A to add the currrnt page as a bookmark
    U to increase screen space by removing the top bar
    And of course space and left-alt+space to page down/up, respectivley.
    10. In the browser press Z to switch between page view and column view
    11. Use the right convenience key while taking pictures. It is a two part key meaning you can hold it half way down to prefocus. Then you can either press the rest of the way down or push the trackball to immediately snap the picture.
    12. While in the camera, the space bar changes the flash settings between automatic, off and on plus it will turn on low light mode for video.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times

PIN
    3287c1e7
    Device
    style/s2
    OS
    6.0/5.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I was rummaging through some other sites and have compiled some cool tips and tricks for those using the Tour. Some of these are for any BB qwerty phone while others are specific to the Tour. I would like to thank Crackberry and Pinstack for some of these:

1. Hold down the the letter Q to turn the ringers off and put it in vibrate mode. Press and hold Q again to turn it back on.
    2. Press and hold the letter A to lock the phone
    3. To reboot the phone, press and hold the alt key and the right shift key at the same time and then press delete
    4. While in the clock, press the BB button to get all sorts of option, such as changing the clock to digital, changing it to look like an old school bedside alarm clock, turning on the alarm clock, using the stopwatch, etc.
    5. Press and hold green talk button to pull up your contact list
    6. Press and hold BB button to get list of programs that are running in the background
    7. This is kind of for all bb's but people ask this anyway so I will put it here. If you type things that need 's at the end simply setup a quicktext to be s %b's and then when you type for example: Ted s it will turn it into Ted's
    also many shortcuts for the device are located in the help file right on the device.. open help select shortcuts. There is shortcuts all over its good to read them and learn them they can be very useful
    8. H while in browser takes u to ur homepage
    9. Additional browser tips:
    While in browser
    i to zoom in
    O to zoom out
    K to pull up bookmarks menu
    G to pull up url/search bars/history
    A to add the currrnt page as a bookmark
    U to increase screen space by removing the top bar
    And of course space and left-alt+space to page down/up, respectivley.
    10. In the browser press Z to switch between page view and column view
    11. Use the right convenience key while taking pictures. It is a two part key meaning you can hold it half way down to prefocus. Then you can either press the rest of the way down or push the trackball to immediately snap the picture.
    12. While in the camera, the space bar changes the flash settings between automatic, off and on plus it will turn on low light mode for video.
    this is awesome tips for the tour and i hope everyone that has one knows of these and i was going to post the same thing i'm glad i did a search lollol
    great going jlevy.....kudos

SevereDeceit is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9630(Tour)
    Liked
    0 times
    Nice list of tricks, thanks...

carterrptr99 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    30F57072
    Device
    TOUR 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Nice list 2 thumbs up!
    Posted via mobile device

tattooz is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tattooz On Twitter
    PIN
    msg me then ask
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks for the list

kevin is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    I just recently had to switch to a Tour because I was tired of my Eris.

Is there a way to contol the ringer volume with the Right Side Volume controls? the buttons seem rather useless.

Hodges is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    I just recently had to switch to a Tour because I was tired of my Eris.

Is there a way to contol the ringer volume with the Right Side Volume controls? the buttons seem rather useless.
    The ringer can not be controlled by the side buttons. Those buttons all u to adjust the volume during a phone call or adjust the music volume. That's basically it for those. To change the ringer volume. Go into your profiles icon and then select profiles. Choose the profile that you use most and then select phone. Here you can adjust the volume and test it as well. Hope that helps.
    Posted via mobile device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12