Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 56 of 259

  1. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bay area
    PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Posts
    196
    Hmmm

    The physical screen itself appears to be weak... put even the tinest pressure and the colors get all screwy like old school Game & Watch electronic games (are u guys even old enough to know what those are? haha)



  2. #50
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530 )

    Good for you olta....Hopefully you will come to your senses when storm2 releases ha ha.Lol
    Hope you enjoy....

  3. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by olta777
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    So you guys want to hear a surprise? I decided to try the tour. I called vzw and they are sending me one at no charge as replacement for storm! Should be here Tuesday. Will see what I think of it
    Wow I tried that route and they said they would not do it because the Storm has a lower retail price than the Tour. I was talking to a manager and they empathized with my 4 Storm replacements within the last 30 days but flat out said no.
    It took me two phone calls. First guy flat out refused, then a nice lady said that tour is one of approved devices for replacement for storm.
    Really? So someone said they would replace the storm for the tour?



  4. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

    So you guys want to hear a surprise? I decided to try the tour. I called vzw and they are sending me one at no charge as replacement for storm! Should be here Tuesday. Will see what I think of it ?
    Wasn't you litle Brat the one who ssaid, I'm not changing my Storm for nothing....

    omg, u have a 8900 as wel? am I the only one here with a SINGLE blackberry? Does everyone have more than one blackberry?? ? haha
    We all are berry addicts here....
    Hey! I am a bb addict

    Plus its not final! I will do a side by side comparison but I am already getting butterflies just with the thought of giving up my storm :17: :crazy:

  5. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    Hey! I am a bb addict

    Plus its not final! I will do a side by side comparison but I am already getting butterflies just with the thought of giving up my storm :17: :crazy:
    You are braver than me Olta. I just can't imagine trading my Storm for a Tour knowing that the S2 is just around the corner:no:



  6. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal
    Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530 )

    Good for you olta....Hopefully you will come to your senses when storm2 releases ha ha.Lol
    Hope you enjoy....
    Oh trust me, I see storm 2 in my dreams already! I want it now!

    So with storm2 launch, I will be by the store at midnight to make sure I get one :banana:

  7. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by olta777
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    So you guys want to hear a surprise? I decided to try the tour. I called vzw and they are sending me one at no charge as replacement for storm! Should be here Tuesday. Will see what I think of it
    Wow I tried that route and they said they would not do it because the Storm has a lower retail price than the Tour. I was talking to a manager and they empathized with my 4 Storm replacements within the last 30 days but flat out said no.
    It took me two phone calls. First guy flat out refused, then a nice lady said that tour is one of approved devices for replacement for storm.
    Really? So someone said they would replace the storm for the tour?
    The lady told me that it is approved as one of replacement devices for storm. I would suggest trying

    Plus, I don't give up till I get what I want

  8. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East Ohio
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    .517
    Posts
    595
    I played with one at the store, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. I noticed 2 strange things with the phone. The first was just mentioned. The screen, although absolutely sharp color wise, it distorts and does wierd things when you touch it. It feels very cheap, and if the colors are screwing up by touch, I'm fearful of the longevity of the screen clarity. The second was the strangest. I had my storm, a display storm and the tour side by side. Both storms showed full bars with 1XEV, the tour had barely any bars for the most part, and only would show 1x. At certain points the bars would go full, but it never jumped to 1XEV. I played around with the settings, and even dialed *228 and updated the roaming, no dice. I'm curious to read what others' opinion on the phone is.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •