Blackberry Tour is HERE!!! Let us know what you think of your NEW TOUR! - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberry Tour is HERE!!! Let us know what you think of your NEW TOUR!

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mmanuel552 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

As much as I'm waiting for the storm 2 I'm half tempted to get a tour damn new stuff ha I just got a replacement storm to guess I should call and complain they could switch me over to the tour
    Don't even bother Manuel. I have been through 5 Storms since June and they said because the Tour retails for more they could not get me into a Tour. Only a phone of equal value which is essentially nothing (believe it or not the 8830 is more expensive than the Storm). When I told them that I would cancel my account they were like fine. Plus according the CS, the Tour is backordered 2 month (or so they said).

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Uh oh. That doesn't sound good.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

guanuck is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    GUIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post

Uh oh. That doesn't sound good.
    not at all...i wonder whats going to happen to us??
    Have a Telus related question? Just ask!

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Talk to us Cruz let's hear your thoughts on it
    +1 I am waiting for Dr.Cruz to give his insights on it as well. VZW is calling me tomorrow at 10am to offer my the Tour for Storm trade in + 50-100, they had to wait till Monday to get me the exact price. A detailed review by the DR. is just what I need

Ukyo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Ukyo On Twitter
    PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Liked
    0 times

Likes and dislikes of the new Tour

Haven't see a post yet but that's probably cuz those who just got the Tour are bz playing with it... :laugh2: This thread is to share your likes and dislikes of the phone... I loathe to call these pros and cons as these are entirely based on personal tastes... As usual Blue for likes and Red for dislikes.

I haven't had it for more than a few hours yet but my initial reactions:

-Beautiful screen!
    -Great keyboard - not mushy but not hard as a rock, just enough tactile feedback
    -Strong vibrate - strongest of the BB's I've used/tested anyway though this could have an adverse effect on battery life but I'm a very active person literally running from meeting to meeting and sometimes I don't feel the vibrations from my previous BB's though only time will tell if the Tour will change that.
    -LOTS-O-MEMORY - currently at 109MB with only a few apps installed!

-Buttons other than the keyboard (including the actual trackball) are harder to press - not sure if that's cuz I haven't touched another BB other than the Storm for a while... I know it's not just the one I have cuz the demo at the VZW store was the same. You have to almost use brute strength to get the presses to register. Or I probably haven't had my Wheaties this morning... haha
    -Trackball recessed a wee bit too much for my taste. If the circle around the ball was big as the BB flip then it would've have been so bad.
    -USB port is on the right hand side of the phone in the middle - makes it hard for righties to use the phone effectively with just their right hand
    Last edited by Ukyo; 07-12-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: addition

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Nice findings. Curious to see others as well.

PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Liked
    0 times
    Whoops, I started another thread.. haha, how do I merge? Copy and paste? haha

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo View Post
    threads merged

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times

Nice write up. I don't see any deal breaks there.

JL how did you find the track ball?

I played with a tour a while back but I've never owned a qwerty device so I had nothing to compare it too
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Okay, Def go to BB is was a very good and fast experience. I upgraded a third line and paid 149.99 but for my birthday I had 100 in BB Gift Cards and 40 in Reward Zone money.

Plus I use it for my business so I am writing off the phone. That being said.

I like the phone so far. Here are my thoughts.

Memory: nothing on the phone = 115.3 like someone said.

OS: Snappy compared to the Storm, but it does hang for me in messages when scrolling from message to messge.

This is my first BB with a trackball and this is taking me a bit to learn.
    Last edited by P3Designs; 07-12-2009 at 03:41 PM.

PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Liked
    0 times
    I've just noticed that the bottom part of the phone on the back gets extremely warm to the touch when charging... kinda weird since the battery is on top/middle of the phone.

Liked
    7 times
    Thanks UK very nice post

Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Okay, Def go to BB is was a very good and fast experience. I upgraded a third line and paid 149.99 but for my birthday I had 100 in BB Gift Cards and 40 in Reward Zone money.

Plus I use it for my business so I am writing off the phone. That being said.

I like the phone so far. Here are my thoughts.

Memory: nothing on the phone = 115.3 like someone said.

OS: Snappy compared to the Storm, but it does hang for me in messages when scrolling from message to messge.

This is my first BB with a trackball and this is taking me a bit to learn.
    Thank god I was hoping a theme builder would pick one up :fing02: is it to early to request my custom theme :lmao:

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post

Nice write up. I don't see any deal breaks there.

JL how did you find the track ball?

I played with a tour a while back but I've never owned a qwerty device so I had nothing to compare it too
    Was the question addressed regarding the trackball addressed to me? Regarding the track ball I thought it was a little to recessed but did not find it to be a deal breaker. If you've used BB's with trackballs before you'll get adjusted to this one in no time. But I must admit, using the Storm has spoiled me as it allows for quicker onscreen navigation.

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks UK very nice post

Thank god I was hoping a theme builder would pick one up :fing02: is it to early to request my custom theme :lmao:

I tried to put a custom theme on the phone, a new one called wordplay, but it does not work. I think we have to wait for a plazmic update. Matthew holds head.

PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Was the question addressed regarding the trackball addressed to me? Regarding the track ball I thought it was a little to recessed but did not find it to be a deal breaker. If you've used BB's with trackballs before you'll get adjusted to this one in no time. But I must admit, using the Storm has spoiled me as it allows for quicker onscreen navigation.
    I totally agree with that. Touchscreen does have its advantages though the Storm's touchscreen wasn't the best (or could just be the one I had...)

I tried to increase the scrolling sensitivity to 90 but it was too fast and had to dial it down to 80. On 90 and with the trackball being so hard to press, my cursor and selection would scroll to another selection or outside the button I actually wanted to click. But again that could just be cuz I'm rusty from having the Storm for so long... :cool2:

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    I want to close this thread so I don't have to read how people have theirs!!! since I have to wait till Tuesday for mine!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    I totally agree with that. Touchscreen does have its advantages though the Storm's touchscreen wasn't the best (or could just be the one I had...)

I tried to increase the scrolling sensitivity to 90 but it was too fast and had to dial it down to 80. On 90 and with the trackball being so hard to press, my cursor and selection would scroll to another selection or outside the button I actually wanted to click. But again that could just be cuz I'm rusty from having the Storm for so long... :cool2:
    Yeah you will find the one that is right for you. It took me a little while of playing with my 8900 to find the right scrolling sensitivity.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times

But you have to admit the Tour's screen is extremely vivid.

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    I tried to put a custom theme on the phone, a new one called wordplay, but it does not work. I think we have to wait for a plazmic update. Matthew holds head.
    Oh yeah I figured but just remember who asked first :fing02:

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

So you guys want to hear a surprise? I decided to try the tour. I called vzw and they are sending me one at no charge as replacement for storm! Should be here Tuesday. Will see what I think of it

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast