Am I the only one to find this to be stupid?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one to find this to be stupid?

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times

Am I the only one to find this to be stupid?

Tour is available in Stores on July 12th (sunday) however, if you pre ordered it online you won't have it until Tuesday. Am I the only one who finds that to be stupid? Whats the point of a pre order if you have to wait longer when you can go in store and get it?

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    Tour is available in Stores on July 12th (sunday) however, if you pre ordered it online you won't have it until Tuesday. Am I the only one who finds that to be stupid? Whats the point of a pre order if you have to wait longer when you can go in store and get it?
    Not really. Since they can't ship until it's released that means Monday would be the first shipping day possible and via overnight you would receive it on Tuesday. So makes perfect sense to me. I under the frustration but I do understand the logic.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times
    True, but I would have to agree with Brett.

Pre-ordering should be where you can get it before everyone else...it is kinda dumb.

Although I just thought that the benefit to the pre-order would be that you don't have to wait in line, or take the chance of them selling out like what happened with the Storm back in November.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    I have to agree with Josh to a certain extent. If VZW was smart then they would handle per orders like Amazon. Where you get it the day of release or the next day if the release day falls on a holiday or Sunday.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    True, but I would have to agree with Brett.

Pre-ordering should be where you can get it before everyone else...it is kinda dumb.

Although I just thought that the benefit to the pre-order would be that you don't have to wait in line, or take the chance of them selling out like what happened with the Storm back in November.
    I agree with that Neo but I think the main benefit of pre-ordering is not waiting in line and knowing that you will get even if stores run out.

However, the release date is a Sunday so people had to realize they weren't going to get on that day.

Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I agree with that Neo but I think the main benefit of pre-ordering is not waiting in line and knowing that you will get even if stores run out.

However, the release date is a Sunday so people had to realize they weren't going to get on that day.
    Yeah, I guess that would be the main benefit

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Ya but CS is saying "if they have enough in stock then you will get it tuesday". Well like you guys say, pre ordering is assuring you get it and not have to wait in line at the store to get the phone even if they sell out. They better damn well have enough for the pre orders. That should be their #1 concern!

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    I think what they should do is if they allow pre-ordering, then people that did pre-order should have their phones in hand Friday the 10th. That would be fair. It's not like the phone is in production still, it's ready to ship/sell.

Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Liked
    1 times
    Wirelessly posted (Kristopher's BB)

Sad thing is I have to order my Sunday and I bet they will already be backordered my alarm will be set for 6am lol

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    If I say yes to the stupid thing to i get banned?

lol j/k..actually they do it that way to save them selves money.. And lower the lines at the store, because...now sit down, this is going to be hard to take, there will be people that have to wait in line just to get something simple done, or to upgrade their dumb phone....lol

Liked
    187 times
    They better damn well have enough for the pre orders. That should be their #1 concern!
    Dejavu...I remember this from the Storm. Lol

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post

lol j/k..actually they do it that way to save them selves money.. And lower the lines at the store, because...now sit down, this is going to be hard to take, there will be people that have to wait in line just to get something simple done, or to upgrade their dumb phone....lol
    That is a really good point Josh I never go to the verizon store due to the lines being so damn long on a normal day.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post

JN I read on another site that a VZW regional manager for Southern California stating that Socal was receiving over 300,000 Tours for this Sunday. If that is true my guess is there will not be a shortage.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

That's a lot of tours. I also am about doing stuff online to minimize trips to vzw.

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    I was told by someone that Verizon has plenty in stock to cover everyone for the release.

How many BB's can RIM/Blackberry produce a day?

ausch is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9XXX
    OS
    x.x.x.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh just wait until you hear the time frame that Sprint will be able to sell you the Tour in store! :bsflag:

blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    They should let you pre order the phone online then go to the store on the day it releases and have a special desk, kind of like a will call, set up so you can pick it up and leave. When I went to get my Storm I was in the store for over an hour because the rep couldn't get the email setup. She kept trying to put in a 3 character password, after a few tries I suggested maybe she should try an 8 character alpanumeric and suprise, it worked.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    JN I read on another site that a VZW regional manager for Southern California stating that Socal was receiving over 300,000 Tours for this Sunday. If that is true my guess is there will not be a shortage.
    No i wasnt saying there would be a shortage of tours, just everyday people going into the store to ask questions and will have to wait in those lines...

Le0_Br4zuC4 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    30FB551F
    Device
    BlackBerry Stor
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Not really, they will ship the phone to you on the first business day after releasing the phone and it would be monday.... If you go to the stores sundays they will have huge lines ... I would just get online and wait 2 days

Follow me on Twiter
    [/URL][/CENTER][/SIZE]
    Le0_Br4zUc4 - BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Running 5.0.0.428

blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    That doesn't mean that they will be spread through the stores properly. 1 store could run out and another could have a huge pile of them.

Does anybody know if Walmart will be releasing the Tour on the same day, or is it only VZW stores. You might have better luck going to a store that doesn't specialize in cell phones if they are releasing on the same day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast