Tour or wait for Storm2?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Tour or wait for Storm2?

  1. #1
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times

    Tour or wait for Storm2?

    Might have already been approached, but I couldn't find it...

    Why would you replace your Storm, with a new Tour, when the Storm 2 will soon be available? Will you then replace your Tour with a Storm2, regardless of $$$, or do you keep your Storm, bypass the Tour, and wait for the Storm2 ?? Curious...I'm leaning to waiting for Storm2. Lemme know....




  2. #2
    BBThemesUnltd's Avatar
    BBThemesUnltd is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    CT
    PIN
    TrickY
    Device
    9630
    OS
    4.7.1.57
    Posts
    523
    Liked
    0 times
    im personally not a fan of touch kinda phones.. but if they correct the problems just like rumors r saying that it will be near as smooth a the iphone i would sat storm 2.. just for that reason

  3. #3
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    I like the large screen....I don't text a bunch and I don't type fast...I enjoy internet stuff, and email access....plus I'm 53 and need reading glasses :biglaugh:

  4. #4
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    I'm waiting for S2
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  5. #5
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Going to say Tour for me It boils down to one reason for me. I miss the keyboard I will miss the big screen and typing in landscape with the storm. But the physical keyboard is calling my name again, and I just realized something today that I have never really paid attention to in the past. With my storm I go out of my way to protect and handle it gently. All my past BB's I was never worried about that. They felt tough as nails but the storm does not.

  6. #6
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    If you text a bunch...I can see it. I text my kids...

  7. #7
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    If you text a bunch...I can see it. I text my kids...
    I rarely text at all as a matter fact. I do email quite a bit and miss the keyboard. But I honestly think with what I realized today about the storm not feeling well built it one of my major reasons.

  8. #8
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I rarely text at all as a matter fact. I do email quite a bit and miss the keyboard. But I honestly think with what I realized today about the storm not feeling well built it one of my major reasons.
    I agree, I hardly text anymore and email is getting more popular now Tour for me, and if anything I will just save a little here and there on the side for the Storm 2, not gonna rush to get it tho.

  9. #9
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I rarely text at all as a matter fact. I do email quite a bit and miss the keyboard. But I honestly think with what I realized today about the storm not feeling well built it one of my major reasons.
    Bry...

    You KNOW you will get a Tour, and then when the Storm2 comes out, you will convince yourself to get it too...I'm just skipping a step. VZW will allow me to upgrade to the Tour...but if I do, I won't be able to upgrade to the Storm2...I'm more excited with the storm2, than going to an updated Curve...my .02

  10. #10
    Natemz's Avatar
    Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Posts
    3,209
    Liked
    19 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiefler07
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I rarely text at all as a matter fact. I do email quite a bit and miss the keyboard. But I honestly think with what I realized today about the storm not feeling well built it one of my major reasons.
    I agree, I hardly text anymore and email is getting more popular now Tour for me, and if anything I will just save a little here and there on the side for the Storm 2, not gonna rush to get it tho.
    Yeah you say that now Stief. You will change your tune when we start getting more info on it :lmao:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

  11. #11
    Orio's Avatar
    Orio is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Christiansburg, VA
    PIN
    ch hitter.
    Device
    storm2 9550 VZW
    Posts
    1,304
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)



    Yeah you say that now Stief. You will change your tune when we start getting more info on it :lmao:

    Yep...what Nate says !!

  12. #12
    Stiefler is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Stiefler On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Device
    Moto Droid/HTC Eris
    OS
    2.0.1/2.1
    Posts
    3,385
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)



    Yeah you say that now Stief. You will change your tune when we start getting more info on it :lmao:
    Honestly I really dont know, this is my first touch screen of ANY phone and I just lost the feeling for it. Don't ask my why but I will get the Storm 2, but just in no rush like I am in for the Tour SO you may be right :lmao:

  13. #13
    secured2k is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.148
    Posts
    22
    Liked
    0 times
    I also miss the keyboard. I will wait for the Storm 2 to be released to see if it's worth going to the Storm... or at that time going to the Tour. As far as I can see, the Tour is a storm without the touch screen. Same core OS, chipset, and features. Perhaps the Storm 2 will be some new next generation device... we'll see.

  14. #14
    thetruth's Avatar
    thetruth is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    PIN
    304C7468
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0 Hybrid
    Posts
    279
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    I will skip the Tour and wait for the Storm 2.

  15. #15
    Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CT
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    .230
    Posts
    2,198
    Liked
    7 times
    Here are my thoughts Orio.

    I am getting the Tour. The main reason I am getting the Tour is because I am very disappointed in the Storm. Very. When I got the Storm, BlackberryOS was not even thought of yet so I did not really use the phone for 'business'. Now that I text, BBM, e-mail 99% of the time on my Storm, it gets annoying with the touch screen. I need the full qwerty keyboard.

    I'll still use my Storm as well as the Tour. When the Storm 2 comes out I will upgrade the Storm to the Storm 2.

    If you're happy with the Storm, don't waste the money and your 'upgrade' option on the Tour.

  16. #16
    cslaten is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cslaten On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cali USA
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    193
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    Might have already been approached, but I couldn't find it...

    Why would you replace your Storm, with a new Tour, when the Storm 2 will soon be available? Will you then replace your Tour with a Storm2, regardless of $$$, or do you keep your Storm, bypass the Tour, and wait for the Storm2 ?? Curious...I'm leaning to waiting for Storm2. Lemme know....
    Ahhhh, I will be replacing my Storm, because of several reasons...

    1. The touch screen- Annoying, mistypes, just all around hard to use

    2. It will never be the iPhone, Palm Pre and lets not forget the HTC Hero (coming soon)

    3. I use it in the slide pouch, it causes lag and calls always are missed

    Lets face it, if you want a touch screen phone there are way better choices out there and the Storm 2 may be an improvement, but I cant believe it will be the best touch out there. So, I am going with what BB does best and that's a physical keyboard, business PDA....

  17. #17
    jlevy73's Avatar
    jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Liked
    6 times
    While I hated the touchscreen of the iPhone, the clicking mechanism of the Storm really works well for me. I do have a 8900 which has a great keyboard but between the two I like the Storm better. I will be getting the Tour just because I am BB addict but my daily phone will no doubt be the Storm and then Storm 2 when it's released. Either way you really can't go wrong it just comes down to a preference of physical keyboard versus touchscreen.

  18. #18
    gabriel's Avatar
    gabriel is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Device
    Blackberry
    OS
    hybrid
    Posts
    372
    Liked
    1 times
    great conversation guys!!!
    i love touchscreens... and this makes me miss the iphone...
    maybe i'll get an iphone 3gs...
    but... then again... storm has far better messaging features...

  19. #19
    Dukins's Avatar
    Dukins is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    PIN
    3117DA67
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.320
    Posts
    88
    Liked
    0 times
    Im waiting on the s2. I can not justify upgrading to a phone with a smaller screen and trackball. The storm was my first blackberry so I guess im kind of used to the touchscreen. Being that I have never used a phone with a trackball, the ole saying goes, "You cant miss nothing you never had." errrrr something like that.


    Also I went to check out a bold at the local att store and the button are so small and im used to rotating to landscape mode for a big qwerty keyboard. So to me the virtual keyboard is just something I have grown to like as opposed to only using your phone in portrait. idk
    Last edited by Dukins; 07-07-2009 at 08:34 AM.
    Apps: Quicklaunch, BerryWeather, Call blocker, Patternlock, MemoryEye, BBFileScout, QuickPull.
    FAV. Themes: HTC 1.0 95xx - ECruz, Minimal Bold Theme & Brushed Aluminum - RSmiff, BBAmped by Natemz

  20. #20
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    But I honestly think with what I realized today about the storm not feeling well built it one of my major reasons.
    you gotta be kidding...the storm is built rock solid.:bigeyes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •