soundman4507 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow soundman4507 On Twitter
    PIN
    310A1BF5
    Device
    Storm 2
    Liked
    0 times

Some Questions

I have some questions about what happens when you change to different Blackberry phones. I am sorry if these are simple basic questions, but I am a newbie and I don't know the answer. I am asking these questions here, because this group has allot more class than those at CB and I know that I won't have to worry about smartass answers.

Thanks for any help.

I am very seriously thinking about changing to the Tour w/VZ in a couple of weeks. I like my storm, but I am just not 100% on it. I will be selling it soon, if you want details on price and accessories, PM me.

What I would like to know is;

#1 - The BB-PIN number belongs to the phone and not me. So switching to a new phone, gives me a new PIN?

#2 - I have several apps that I have purchased that I would like to move to my new equipment, and I am curious as to whether I will be able to. The apps are, Meterberry, Vlingo, Stormlock, and Word Shuffle.

#3 - Will the GPS be unlocked with the Tour as it is with the Storm on the Verizon network?

#4 - Lastly, the specs show that the Storm has a 1gb onboard memory, and the Tour does not. What does this mean when one is comparing the two together.

Thanks for any help!

Soundman

*** PM me if you want details on a very gently used Storm ***

sunkast Guest
    1. Yes. The PIN number is unique to every single RIM device.

2. Most will transfer no problem. You can use the Switch Device Wizard to ease the transition. If you purchased from Mobihand, all you have to do is log into their site and update your PIN.

4. The Tour has 256MB on board memory. Basically just a lot less space to store files.

I am not sure as to whether or not GPS will be unlocked.
    Last edited by sunkast; 06-28-2009 at 02:43 PM.

MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soundman4507 View Post
    I have some questions about what happens when you change to different Blackberry phones. I am sorry if these are simple basic questions, but I am a newbie and I don't know the answer. I am asking these questions here, because this group has allot more class than those at CB and I know that I won't have to worry about smartass answers.

Thanks for any help.

I am very seriously thinking about changing to the Tour w/VZ in a couple of weeks. I like my storm, but I am just not 100% on it. I will be selling it soon, if you want details on price and accessories, PM me.

#1 - The BB-PIN number belongs to the phone and not me. So switching to a new phone, gives me a new PIN?

#2 - I have several apps that I have purchased that I would like to move to my new equipment, and I am curious as to whether I will be able to. The apps are, Meterberry, Vlingo, Stormlock, and Word Shuffle.

#3 - Will the GPS be unlocked with the Tour as it is with the Storm on the Verizon network?

#4 - Lastly, the specs show that the Storm has a 1gb onboard memory, and the Tour does not. What does this mean when one is comparing the two together.

Thanks for any help!

Soundman

Hello soundman

#3 IDK....But I'm sure we will find out soon enough

#4 the 1Gb on board memory is the device memory on the Storm It is partitioned out approx 200 Mb for your Application (OS) and the rest is the device memory that you can store data to.

jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

First off, let me welcome you... WELCOME!
    Second, no flamin here, all good questions.
    Ok #1 new pin #. Yes the pin goes with the phone
    Not you.
    #2 apps. Usually not a problem...
    Just summit your account info where you
    Bought the apps. And change your pin and
    Redownlaod.
    #3 from what I understand, all new bb's gps is
    Supposed to be unlocked.
    #4 the storm has 1gb of on board mem.
    For media. That's not app. Mem. That's
    Separate. But let me check specs and get back
    To you on this.

PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Son of crapper I'm slow! In my defense I
    Was type from bb. :lmao:

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for any help.

correct pin is per device you can transfer your contacts over with DM's device switch or extracting from a recent backup

some of your apps will be tranferable some are storm specific - no one knows enough about the tour to answer that

should be the same...here's hoping

the tour is said to have 256mb of internal memory and a 16gig card included - not as much as the storm but I'm told this should still be enough
    Thanks for any help!

Soundman

Hope that helps--this should be a very nice device and all the testers' say they are very happy so far
    Last edited by smcoldbb; 06-28-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

soundman4507 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow soundman4507 On Twitter
    PIN
    310A1BF5
    Device
    Storm 2
    Liked
    0 times
    AMAZING!!.....I knew I would get great answers!.

I am truly hoping the GPS is unlocked, this would cause me to stay where I am.

Thank you all so much

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    AMAZING!!.....I knew I would get great answers!.

I am truly hoping the GPS is unlocked, this would cause me to stay where I am.

Thank you all so much
    I am almost positive GPS will be unlocked. I just can't see vzw changing course after unlocking it with the Storm.

PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I am almost positive GPS will be unlocked. I just can't see vzw changing course after unlocking it with the Storm.
    From what I was told on the GPS... They aren't goin backwards, RIM said NO NO NO!:fing02: