Lack of advertisement? Why?

Thread: Lack of advertisement? Why?

nicky88xx is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow nicky88xx On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Lack of advertisement? Why?

anyone else wonder why if this is the bb of all bb there is not one single advertisement for it? no billboards. no commercials. no online advertisement and several different verizon in the nyc area i quoted saying "havnt heard of that but have you seen our new pearl flip" and in other ones telling me its comming out in september as a giggle my way out.

i say and ask this because prior to the storm release and to this day. there are billboards splattered across NYC. one across from my office 200 feet up. thats been there since a month before its release. there was commercials a month before its release and still is. and remarkable advertisement going into it. months in advance and still to this day. (i know i know it is bb first touchscreen going head to head with the s phone)

but other then the people who are on blog sites and bb sites no one in the general public even people who i personally know who have bbs are like tour?? 9630?? whats that....

mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nicky88xx View Post
    anyone else wonder why if this is the bb of all bb there is not one single advertisement for it? no billboards. no commercials. no online advertisement and several different verizon in the nyc area i quoted saying "havnt heard of that but have you seen our new pearl flip" and in other ones telling me its comming out in september as a giggle my way out.

i say and ask this because prior to the storm release and to this day. there are billboards splattered across NYC. one across from my office 200 feet up. thats been there since a month before its release. there was commercials a month before its release and still is. and remarkable advertisement going into it. months in advance and still to this day. (i know i know it is bb first touchscreen going head to head with the s phone)

but other then the people who are on blog sites and bb sites no one in the general public even people who i personally know who have bbs are like tour?? 9630?? whats that....
    I think the Storm got alot of publicity because it was revolutionary for RIM. Plus they were really trying to attack the "I" word market. This phone is pretty simply a blackberry, no major revolutionary change. But I still would have to agree, they should be at least telling their staff about it. I think the next 2 that you will see advertised heavily are the strom 2, and the Pluto. The 8900 for tmobile and att, didn't get any pub when it came out either.
    No matter where you go, there you are

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mule0331 View Post
    I think the Storm got alot of publicity because it was revolutionary for RIM. Plus they were really trying to attack the "I" word market. This phone is pretty simply a blackberry, no major revolutionary change. But I still would have to agree, they should be at least telling their staff about it. I think the next 2 that you will see advertised heavily are the strom 2, and the Pluto. The 8900 for tmobile and att, didn't get any pub when it came out either.
    Well put Mule :fing02: I have nothing to add to that

Morganizer is offline Blackberry Whore
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    A very good point and I have wondered the same thing. I guess that since the Tour, like the Bold and 8900, are spin-offs of the "standard" BlackBerry style with the QWERTY keyboard they feel there is nothing revolutionary about it. On the other hand, I think that's dumb because there are a lot of people who didn't like the Storm but that want a premium device and have switched to other carriers to get Bolds, 8900s, etc. They may could have retained some of those customers if they just knew the Tour was coming. I also think it was kind of dumb how they're naming these devices. First it was the Niagara, then the Tour. It's enough to confuse the general population that doesn't keep up with everything like we do. Oh well... maybe the Storm blowing up in their face has scared them about new launches and they want to do a "soft launch", make sure all the bugs are worked out, then start pushing it.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    I totally agree with mule..

up here in canada we've had the new pearl flip out for quite some time. I've seen more devices then commercials.

The storm was sooo over advertised and got just as much if not more bad press.

I think they are very hesitant to blow smoke up the arse of another unreleased berry.

Not taking anything away from the tour it's a great device that will speak for it's self. I think that after it's been released and out for a little while they will be pushing this like there is no tomorrow.

Plus it's only pissed off storm owners that are waiting for this device anyway lol

CSR nightmare as soon as it's released. hahaha I've already put up the fight and won!

free tour thanks!
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Liked
    5 times
    Yesterday a VZW rep in the store said it was coming out on the 12th for sure. Then I looked over and his manager was scowling at him like "what are you saying".
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

FISH4RUDY is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Stock .320
    Liked
    1 times
    They are saving that money to advertise the storm 2.......

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Verizon is also giving away every bb known to man through special offers. 7 months ago Verizon made it seem impossible to get "A" storm, now you can get 2 for the price of one. Verizon is making room in their storage rooms for phones like the tour and storm too, since they probably recognized the had a fused bomb attached to the storm, while the iphone continues to be creative and offer free uploads i.e iphone 3gs.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

BlackMannx is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    3049A9BE
    Device
    Liked
    0 times
    The storm was hyped to go after the consumer market.. the tour is playing catch to the 8900 and bold level qwerty keyboard devices on at&t and tmo.. cant have all the business folks chasing the sexy devices to other carriers..
    Twitter me at-Blackmannx

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMannx View Post
    The storm was hyped to go after the consumer market.. the tour is playing catch to the 8900 and bold level qwerty keyboard devices on at&t and tmo.. cant have all the business folks chasing the sexy devices to other carriers..
    Ha so true, great response!