Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 15 of 15

  1. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    What about the internal memory. How does that compare to the storms 1gig as far as app memory?

    Are they the same?
    No this will not have the 1gig for app space only 256mb. Really not that bad because you always use your memory card for that.



  2. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Those specs are kind of weak and damn that is pricey. No WiFi. Same battery as the storm and a crappy 528Mhz processor. Not impressed. If this is the same as the Tour for vzw I'm going to have to pass on it.

  3. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    East Of MI
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9XXX
    OS
    x.x.x.xxx
    Posts
    535
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb
    What about the internal memory. How does that compare to the storms 1gig as far as app memory?



    Are they the same?


    No this will not have the 1gig for app space only 256mb. Really not that bad because you always use your memory card for that.
    God, I don't know what I was thinking when I replied about the app memory. It says right there it has 256 memory.
    Last edited by ausch; 06-17-2009 at 02:49 AM.



  4. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by ausch View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    God, I don't know what I was thinking when I replied about the app memory. It says right there it has 256 memory. :embarrassed:
    It's all good Ausch I was just stating my disappointment regarding the specs. I read somewhere else that they are ditching 1gig on board memory for 256mb. But the bigger downside for me is no wifi and essentially the same processor used in the Storm (and battery). With the Bold clocking almost 800Mhz I don't get RIM's logic.

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73
    Quote Originally Posted by ausch View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    God, I don't know what I was thinking when I replied about the app memory. It says right there it has 256 memory. :embarrassed:
    It's all good Ausch I was just stating my disappointment regarding the specs. I read somewhere else that they are ditching 1gig on board memory for 256mb. But the bigger downside for me is no wifi and essentially the same processor used in the Storm (and battery). With the Bold clocking almost 800Mhz I don't get RIM's logic.
    You think that because all these newer devices are cdma/gsm devices.
    Is that why the its got such a crappy processor?

    No wifi, that has to be carrier requested.

    Memory- what will 256MB's mean then? If were fighting to stay in around 30MBs with the storm. Is thus only gonna have a quarter of that? Yikes!
    The apps/themes are getting bigger and better and the app memory is shrinking..?.

    What's wrong with this picture?



  6. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)



    You think that because all these newer devices are cdma/gsm devices.
    Is that why the its got such a crappy processor?

    No wifi, that has to be carrier requested.

    Memory- what will 256MB's mean then? If were fighting to stay in around 30MBs with the storm. Is thus only gonna have a quarter of that? Yikes!
    The apps/themes are getting bigger and better and the app memory is shrinking..?.

    What's wrong with this picture?
    CDMA processors are manufactured by qualcomm and as a result their chip selection is quite minimal. They have nothing as powerful as some that are being used in GSM devices now such as the Bold.

    If the carriers did not select Wifi they should be shot. I mean come on this is the 21st century, there is just no excuse not to include wifi.

    The 256 memory will mean that you have to use you memory card for more storage but that's not so bad since that's what it's there for. I believe that most if not all of the 256MB's will be available on board. For example, I know that Telus tested and failed 4.7.0.186 and that version had 128mb of available memory. From what I've read online the tour will have OS 4.7.1.XXX

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Okay,

    Jl I getting more confused now

    We don't have the option to store apps on the card so again is this device smaller then the storm.

    I know .186 failed but how does that number change with just a software upgrade..is 4.7.1.XX going to be better then the current 4.7.0.?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •