please help

Thread: please help

sabbatus is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Liked
    2 times

please help

let me start by saying hello and asking forgiveness for my ignorance? i have a 9630 that was on a sprint network, unlocked it to use on at&t. the web browser is gone, and i cannot send or receive pictures. Is there a fix for this? both at&t and blackberry tech support say that it cannot happen. they say that the unlocked phone cannot support a web browser Oh this is also my first smartphone so i am not very educated with these things. thanks for any help and advice in advance

lshap is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow lshap On Twitter
    Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.250 (B648)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Liked
    78 times
    Good evening Sabbatus, welcome to the community, try re registering on the network.
    1. Go into Options>Device>Advanced system settings> Host routing table
    2. highlight one of the entries other then the one that says WiFi (does not matter what one you highlight)
    3. hit menu and then register now
    after that it should say registration message sent. give it a little and check for the browser icon.

if the host routing table says
    "No entries" then your not connected to the data network and i would check the device to make sure data is turned on

Options>network and connection>mobile network>data services.
    if that fails then contact your provider to make sure you have data.

hope that gets you in the right direction. post back if your still having issues.
    Lshap

AgentBlackBerry is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow AgentBlackBerry On Twitter Add AgentBlackBerry on Facebook Add AgentBlackBerry on Google+
    PIN
    2ADD0724
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    478 times
    In order to get a Sprint Tour to work on AT&T's network fully you need:

1.) It to be unlocked (check!)

2.) Its PIN needs to be released from the Sprint BIS network (Can you get email on the device? If you can then it's already been released. If not, contact Sprint customer support to do so)

3.) You need to manually add the AT&T Service Books (the browser and MMS service books apparently) via the Desktop Manager. Here's the BBOS How-to (It's done for a BlackBerry Storm but the same principle applies to the BlackBerry Tour)

The link to the AT&T service books in the above link is dead so I've attached the needed AT&T service books in this post as a zip file.

Keep in mind, this is somewhat of a hard/complicated procedure as your trying to use a CDMA BlackBerry on a GSM network which is why all these work-arounds are necessary.

Hope it goes well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    lshap, Joe Jerde and grimreaper like this.
    Click the Like link in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Resource Center ~ Rules and Guidelines ~ Download Center

Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.250 (B648)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Liked
    78 times
    Thanks for the additional input AB

Quote Originally Posted by AgentBlackBerry View Post
    In order to get a Sprint Tour to work on AT&T's network fully you need:

1.) It to be unlocked (check!)

2.) Its PIN needs to be released from the Sprint BIS network (Can you get email on the device? If you can then it's already been released. If not, contact Sprint customer support to do so)

3.) You need to manually add the AT&T Service Books (the browser and MMS service books apparently) via the Desktop Manager. Here's the BBOS How-to (It's done for a BlackBerry Storm but the same principle applies to the BlackBerry Tour)

The link to the AT&T service books in the above link is dead so I've attached the needed AT&T service books in this post as a zip file.

Keep in mind, this is somewhat of a hard/complicated procedure as your trying to use a CDMA BlackBerry on a GSM network which is why all these work-arounds are necessary.

Hope it goes well.

jerry12 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    32FE4F87
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    V7.0.0.374 / 1739
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Liked
    7 times
    A 9630 sprint phone can not work on a AT&T network in the U.S.A , AT&T is a GSM phone & Sprint is a CDMA phone in the U.S. It does not have the U.S. Band in it to work on GSM in the U.S.A. Just over seas .

Liked
    2 times
    agent blackberry, it seems that the link for crack utility is broken as well. where can i find this. thanks again for all the help here

AgentBlackBerry is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow AgentBlackBerry On Twitter Add AgentBlackBerry on Facebook Add AgentBlackBerry on Google+
    PIN
    2ADD0724
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Liked
    478 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry12 View Post
    A 9630 sprint phone can not work on a AT&T network in the U.S.A , AT&T is a GSM phone & Sprint is a CDMA phone in the U.S. It does not have the U.S. Band in it to work on GSM in the U.S.A. Just over seas .
    This is both correct and incorrect.

Normal Sprint phones cannot because like you said, they are CDMA phones and as such do not contain SIM card slots and are tied to Sprint's network. The Tour 9630 though has a SIM card slot and its PIN can be released from Sprint's BIS network. When you add an AT&T SIM card and its service books, the phone can work on an AT&T network.

And sabbatus, here is the link for CrackUtil download --> CrackUtil thread
    Last edited by AgentBlackBerry; 01-08-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    grimreaper and lshap like this.
    Click the Like link in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Resource Center ~ Rules and Guidelines ~ Download Center

Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.250 (B648)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry12 View Post
    Hey Jerry thanks for jumping in and helping out. i love it when people in the community help each other. As agentblackberry has pointed out the phone does have a gsm radio and gsm band capabilities built in for overseas travel.

It seems that more and more manufactures and carriers are wanting "world phones" that can work on the basic gsm bands. I suppose they want their $$

Liked
    2 times
    thank you so much, you all are geniuses. its up and running i have a web browser. again thank you
    AgentBlackBerry and lshap like this.

Device
    9900 Bold
    OS
    7.1.0.250 (B648)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sabbatus View Post
    thank you so much, you all are geniuses. its up and running i have a web browser. again thank you
    Anytime Sabbatus, glad you got it working. Feel free to jump into the forums and see if anyone else needs help.

Lshap