Just Ask
    Device
    9XXX
    OS
    x.x.x.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Yeah they have something crazy out there. But just saying it's not like RIM is doing anything spectacular that needs showing off. And furthermore, the camera speed is so slow on the Storm unless the object is dead or absolutely stationary getting good photos is a difficult task.

We could speculate forever on whether it's for branding or what not but time will tell what's up.
    Yeah, but I guess RIM wants to put more money and effort into the guts and the stability of the device, rather than just adding a nice 12MP camera on them. But RIM could still do a good update on the camera!

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ausch View Post
    Yeah, but I guess RIM wants to put more money and effort into the guts and the stability of the device, rather than just adding a nice 12MP camera on them. But RIM could still do a good update on the camera!
    While the Nokia may not be popular state side it by far the biggest cell phone manufacturer in the world. They make great phones, the Nokia E71 was fantastic except on AT&T it sucked. Anyway, there are many manufacturers of great phones that have superb cameras so I'm not buying that from RIM. They are, per usual, behind the times with this.

ausch is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9XXX
    OS
    x.x.x.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    While the Nokia may not be popular state side it by far the biggest cell phone manufacturer in the world. They make great phones, the Nokia E71 was fantastic except on AT&T it sucked. Anyway, there are many manufacturers of great phones that have superb cameras so I'm not buying that from RIM. They are, per usual, behind the times with this.
    Yeah that's a good point. RIM is always a few steps behind every other carrier. I know that I think even Accer has that touch device coming out that has a 1GHz processor inside and I think a 8MP camera or something. Where's RIMs?

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ausch View Post
    Yeah that's a good point. RIM is always a few steps behind every other carrier. I know that I think even Accer has that touch device coming out that has a 1GHz processor inside and I think a 8MP camera or something. Where's RIMs?
    RIM has always focused on business devices, even the Storm which they tout as being more consumer friendly is far from it. Most business users don't care about cameras, MP's on camera etc. So I think they are stuck in the rut of business only mindset. However, they do need to step it up. I had a meeting the other day with one of the biggest law firms in the US and all the whole law firm were using iPhones. So as more phone manaufacturers develop a good mix of consumer and business features RIM will have to step up or continue to lose market share.

smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Device
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Quote Originally Posted by ausch
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

That's weird. Where are they made?
    Are you asking about the device itself? Because they're probably still all from Canada yet.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. Maybe one in canada and one from mexico or somewhere else.

Like the storm some are even made over seas.

Just pop the battery off and look at the stickers.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

ausch is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9XXX
    OS
    x.x.x.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    RIM has always focused on business devices, even the Storm which they tout as being more consumer friendly is far from it. Most business users don't care about cameras, MP's on camera etc. So I think they are stuck in the rut of business only mindset. However, they do need to step it up. I had a meeting the other day with one of the biggest law firms in the US and all the whole law firm were using iPhones. So as more phone manaufacturers develop a good mix of consumer and business features RIM will have to step up or continue to lose market share.
    Wow that's crazy! But like you said business users don't really care about all that stuff, but Apple is mixing both consumer and business friendly feautres into the iPhones. So basically RIM will have to step up like you said and get out of their little "mold" of a device they've been putting out for these past years and change a little. Or they're gonna just do down the drain slowly.

the.abyzz is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    x.x.0.1xx
    Liked
    0 times
    I love the Vodafone splash screen

I am at Vodafone Germany and would love to see this device in the shop behind the next corner.

What irritates me is, that the Vodafone splash screen is not full screen, it looks like you startup your Storm and have it in landscape ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12