Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PIN
    312939D8
    Device
    OS
    I have never tried this but are you able to run your device in safe mode and delete? To get to safe mode do a battery pull when you see the BlackBerry Splash screen hold the ESC key for 45 seconds and your phone should load into safe mode. I have never tried to remove Core applications this way but its worth a shot. If not then have you tried fma32984 suggestion. You would have to re load your OS on your device but you can get rid of it that way. Pick up the Shrink A OS tool here.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/s...reate-jad.html

In Case you need this as well.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...es-videos.html

PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    I just made a call to a buddy in canuklehead land, and he gave me the same advice that Hodges just gave you. Between the two of us, that will probably be the easiest way to ditch BBM if it won't uninstall from app options or DM.

Device
    Tour
    Thanks so much for your help! I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to do it, but I will let you know if it works - if I decide to...

Thanks!

PIN
    2AC197
    Device
    Zed10, PlayBook
    OS
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    I just had a thought, it might be a failed bbm install. I had a problem with that on my 9700 a few os versions ago. Try installing the current bbm version from app world. You might be able to remove it then. If not, the only cure is a reload of your os or an upgrade. If you need instructions to help with your confidence level, we will gladly and promptly provide you with them, I know of a couple really good write ups with pics.

Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    The trick is to re-download blackberry messenger through Blackberry app world. Search for "messenger" not blackberry messenger, it wont find the app for some strange reason if you do. Confirm to overwrite the application, and it should prompt you to reset, if not, reset the phone. Once you have done this, you will then be able to delete blackberry messenger under options-applications. I don't remember if its under third party or add-on, but it's one of those two.

PIN
    which one?
    Device
    9900/PlayBook
    OS
    good question
    Carrier
    All of them
    download blackberry messenger from the following link

BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry Messenger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12