Thread: Goodbye 9630!!

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times

Goodbye 9630!!

Thanks BerryScoop, we have solid information that clearly states Verizon is discontinuing the 9630 starting in June. Here is my reaction to Verizon "How dumb can you get?". Seriously? That means the 9630 won't even make it a year before Verizon decided to take their only solid device from BlackBerry off of their shelves. They better pray to the BlackBerry Gods that the 9650 is as good as they are making it. What does Verizon have for decent BlackBerry devices? Storm 2? Nope! 8530? Def. not. I personally think they should wait until the 9650 releases and they get public feedback. We all know Verizon can not release a new device with out there being something wrong with it. But to remove the 9630 from their inventory is a stupid call on their part right now.

Mruiz949 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    PRIVATE
    Device
    9650 (BOLD)
    OS
    Which ever is NEWEST
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Wyman View Post

Thanks BerryScoop, we have solid information that clearly states Verizon is discontinuing the 9630 starting in June. Here is my reaction to Verizon "How dumb can you get?". Seriously? That means the 9630 won't even make it a year before Verizon decided to take their only solid device from BlackBerry off of their shelves. They better pray to the BlackBerry Gods that the 9650 is as good as they are making it. What does Verizon have for decent BlackBerry devices? Storm 2? Nope! 8530? Def. not. I personally think they should wait until the 9650 releases and they get public feedback. We all know Verizon can not release a new device with out there being something wrong with it. But to remove the 9630 from their inventory is a stupid call on their part right now.

Thats so STUPID of them 2 get rid of the 9630, thats their most SOLID Device out there as of now!!! What R them knuckle heads thinking? :no:

testcellchris is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow testcellchris On Twitter
    PIN
    head
    Device
    9630/natemz Pro v.5 Black & Blue
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    This is no surprise. VZW has an idea that newer is always better. In this case the Tour is a trusty and solid phone. Crap, they just released a official 5.0 OS for it. VZW is banking on Android and WM7 now. BB is taking the back seat. IMHO. Service and coverage is great, but the management needs to think more in the terms of phones not the college model widget. Business people, life and products are not widgets! Put people that know the products in charge of that dept, the rest will handle itself! I really dislike you VZW!

jmu33 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    302C0C10
    Device
    8330/8530
    OS
    5.0.0.438/5.0.0.337
    Liked
    0 times
    i have to disagree with you on the 8530, my wife loves hers. granted it is the low end of the blackberry scale, its like the noob version for blackberry newcomers haha, but it does have a track pad and my wife hasnt had a problem with hers.....yet lol

mrksbrd is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    31325C06
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Just like Verizon.....they finally work all the bugs out and they discontinue the line. Also why is it if Verizon is so great why do they let AT&T take the market share(Phones) from them, if they were such a powerhouse they would stay in good terms with RIM and get ALL the latest devices from them. They are relying on "new" technology like the Driod & Winblows......no thanks I'll stick with my berry!!!!!

Kill3r.Conc3ptz is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Kill3r.Conc3ptz On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't think Verizon cares at this point. They're following the money and you can see that because they've begun to really start pushing Android devices.

Atomic.18 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Ask me.
    Device
    Storm2 952
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    OH Mighty "BIG Red" Seems To Making Right choices. The Trackball on the tour is just out of style plus with BB Trackball issue. Great Move for Verizon! This really teaches RIM a great lesson for not listening to US BB Fans And Feed Back.

dispute RIM Removing All these Devices Does make sense. they all had a major Flaw.

The storm 2 screen had a flaw. but the great step RIM did was being Prepared to fix the issue and respond as soon as possible.

RIM IS DOING ItS BEST TO STAY AT THE TOP! The Will Succeed Soon enough all these new devices will kick Butts,
    Verizon also if it cost a device discontinuation.

think business. not personal experiences
    Last edited by Atomic.18; 04-09-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Atomic.18 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    Ask me.
    Device
    Storm2 952
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Wyman View Post

Brett its best to Not react. but to write my clam and intelligently. its quite disturbing to read what you have to say. about solid information being discovered. as i joined this community of BB addicts and users to have a meaningful word of honor to read what we all would like to know. dispute me indigents i thank you for this surprising resource

MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Obviously, VZW is focused on Android whether it be the Droid or Nexus One and RIM is no longer their top smartphone provider. Had RIM stayed on top of their game, they wouldn't have been dumped by VZW for the hotter Android. But they didn't - something that is becoming more and more apparent. RIM is in big time trouble and they only have themselves to blame. Maybe they'll start by actually testing their devices before mass producing them wity obvious major flaws (i.e. Storm1 screen, Tour trackball). I don't hear these types of complaints or poor decisions being made on the Droid or Eris or Devour. And if the rumors are true and VZW does get the iPhone soon, then VZW might as well sound the death knoll for RIM. RIM meet Palm, Palm meet RIM.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    @MWFD31

dmyze is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah it's disturbing to see the 9630 go so quickly. I have one myself, had to have the phone replaced once w/ a new one due to bad trackball. I had to wait for mine to be delivered by FedEx, but my fiance came in to VZW the other day to have his replaced too (trackball issues), & they gave him a new phone from the store stock on the same day he walked in. I guess they really are getting rid of them as quickly as they can.

It's kinda upsetting after dropping a lot of money on 2 Tours, to see the 9650(?) be the Tour replacement not long after the they came out. Oh well, come next upgrade I might check the 9650 or whatever is new out, I love my Tour, I just want one exactly like it but with wifi too :P Hopefully RIM stays at the top so us VZW users can upgrade to newer and better devices because I def. do not want an iPhone or Android.