Thread: Weird network problem with Tour 9630

Indianmack is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Weird network problem with Tour 9630

Hi all I have noticed recently that my network on my phone suddenly stops working. It sax IXEV and and I have a few bars and can make phone calls. I usually just turn off and on the phone and it fixed the network or toggle the network settings. I have to keep doing it every hour or the network drops. Any ideas why this is happening?

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Indianmack View Post
    Hi all I have noticed recently that my network on my phone suddenly stops working. It sax IXEV and and I have a few bars and can make phone calls. I usually just turn off and on the phone and it fixed the network or toggle the network settings. I have to keep doing it every hour or the network drops. Any ideas why this is happening?
    What OS are you running on the phone?

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have 5.0.0.484. It says it is digital roaming too but I still have 1EXE and 4 bars on the screen? This never used to happen before and is a very recent problem.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I have 5.0.0.484. It says it is digital roaming too but I still have 1EXE and 4 bars on the screen? This never used to happen before and is a very recent problem.
    Did you just change to that os or have you been on it for a while? and it could be your actual carrier having trouble. who is your carrier?

Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I had a beta OS before and was having the same problem and this OS is been on the phone for about a week. I have Sprint. Thanks for the reply

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I had a beta OS before and was having the same problem and this OS is been on the phone for about a week. I have Sprint. Thanks for the reply
    Sounds like a provisioning problem I would call them and ask if you can get an update PRL

rounsy222 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    My wife and I are also experiencing a similar issue and we are also on sprint. My wife is running 484 while I'm running 530. I've been "working" with sprint for about 2 months now (see my post under sprint carrier). We have had our prl updated numerous times. Just stay on them because they automatically want to swap devices instead of checking their towers. My wife has had 2 different tours since our problem started. We had zero issues with our service the first 8 months we had sprint, but the last 3 months has been horrible. The one thing I can say for sure is that they know there is an issue with the tours and airaves working together. I know airave wasn't mentioned but wanted to give a heads up. Good luck!
    Posted via mobile device
    Last edited by rounsy222; 03-24-2010 at 12:17 AM.

himansh1990 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    9630 tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

overcome the network problem

Quote Originally Posted by rounsy222 View Post
    My wife and I are also experiencing a similar issue and we are also on sprint. My wife is running 484 while I'm running 530. I've been "working" with sprint for about 2 months now (see my post under sprint carrier). We have had our prl updated numerous times. Just stay on them because they automatically want to swap devices instead of checking their towers. My wife has had 2 different tours since our problem started. We had zero issues with our service the first 8 months we had sprint, but the last 3 months has been horrible. The one thing I can say for sure is that they know there is an issue with the tours and airaves working together. I know airave wasn't mentioned but wanted to give a heads up. Good luck!
    Posted via mobile device
    i also faced the similar problem but just few days ago i tried to swap radio signals to the lower version 4.0.40 using shrink a os software and has helped me to overcome this ntewrok problem.
    Hoping this info will help to solve your problem to

ghostryder is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow ghostryder On Twitter
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Carrier
    AT&T Death Star
    Liked
    225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by himansh1990 View Post
    i also faced the similar problem but just few days ago i tried to swap radio signals to the lower version 4.0.40 using shrink a os software and has helped me to overcome this ntewrok problem.
    Hoping this info will help to solve your problem to
    Thanks himansh1990 and welcome to , hopefully this information will help others having this problem.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    Eleanor Roosevelt