ShimmyShine is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow ShimmyShine On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask!
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Tour 9630 OS & 9650 Device Information

The Tour appears to be a rather appealing subject today. The guy's over at BGR are reporting that an inside informant of theirs is saying that there will be a long awaited OS release soon, within the next 2-3 weeks, for our beloved 9630 Tour users. The OS release is claimed to also come along with a Push-To-Talk feature for a mere $5 a month with Verizon.

More information that also comes from BGR's inside informant is that the Bold 9650, Tour 2 9650 or whatever you would prefer to call it will be released sometime in May. This is, while a good month and a half away, great news. Us Blackberry addicts love new toys to play with. It is rumored that the OS release coming in a few weeks is to be the final OS revision for the new device. Somehow with the new device hitting in a month and a half and the new OS hitting in 2-3 weeks, I don't think it will be one to be loaded onto the devices. The time span isn't to far apart, but if I was RIM, I would hold off and let it leave the gates with it's owner.

Fresh off of the CrackBerry forums, the Bold 9650 User Guide has been leaked. We can go ahead and put this in the evidence locker as proof that the new release will be a Bold and not a Tour. With all of this being said, I want to know what you guys think. Do you think the new release will be a Bold for certain? Or a Tour? Also, with the OS coming out so close to the release of the new device, do you think that they will either hold it or improve on it a little bit for the new device? Let us know in the forums!
    Last edited by sunkast; 03-12-2010 at 06:07 PM.

"Shimmy, I love it when you talk nerdy to me!" - Natemz

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    FINALLY it seems like there is some sort of movement with the release of the 9650! If they are reporting now that it will drop in May then hopefully it will actually be out by mid summer... lol. I however, find it hard to believe that the official 5.0 OS release for the 9630 will be the same OS that the 9650 will be released with. Aren't there features that the 9650 has that the 9630 does not? (Hello WIFI just to name one) Therefore don't you need an OS that has support for those features?