Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq View Post
    ===== QUOTE Macaroni86 ====

I had this happen on mine but it only changed for certain individuals. I found out that my phone was setting ringtones for people in my phone because of how it was getting bumped around in my pocket. I just had to go to profiles and check my contact alerts and erase any that were made by accident. Don't know if this is the same problem or not.
    Posted via mobile device

===== /QUOTE ====

Didn't think about that. After just talking with my wife she just informed me that she doesn't lock her phone when she puts it in her purse. She doesn't use a case, its got one of the rubber shell protectors. We're going to try locking it for a week and see how it goes.
    Yea check the contact alerts under the profiles and lock the phone and see what happens. Hopefully that helps

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

PIN
    PM me for
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    vWhatever's most recent
    I don't remember the exact reason, but it's a little more than just not locking the phone, although that certainly doesn't help!

That said, under "Contact Alerts," be sure to delete every one of the individually assigned ones (you'll just see a list of people from her contacts book).

This--and locking the phone--should clear it up.

Device
    9650 (aka Bold)
    OS
    v5.0.0.975

Lightbulb

This is a known issue with OS v4.7.1.61 (and possibly other v4.7.1 variants). Whenever a contact is edited on the device, a Contact Alert is created for that contact using the default ringtone. From Profiles, select Set Contact Alerts, and delete all entries. You will need to do this periodically as they will continue to be added as you edit contacts (on the device) over time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12