Problem With Texting with Swapped SIM While Abroad

Thread: Problem With Texting with Swapped SIM While Abroad

phool21 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Tour
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm currently abroad in China and I've unlocked my Tour 9630, purchased a Chinese SIM, and am able to make and receive calls and receive text messages. The problem is that I can not send text messages. They just don't go through.

I initially had trouble with calling but I had to changed some settings in the smart dialing menu and now it works fine. Can anyone help me?

I'm currently abroad in China and I've unlocked my Tour 9630, purchased a Chinese SIM, and am able to make and receive calls and receive text messages. The problem is that I can not send text messages. They just don't go through.

I initially had trouble with calling but I had to changed some settings in the smart dialing menu and now it works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I accidentally post this in the 9630 OS section, but I figure it would be more visible here. Could an admin please delete my other thead?
    Last edited by jnepsa; 01-10-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: duplicate threads

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    phool, I know you are in a hurry to get help.. I merged your two threads as well put them in the 9630 forum where you are going to get the best response. I would almost guess from the sounds there is going ot be another setting that needs changed but I dont know what it is. YOu may want to contact the carrier of the china sim to get the proper setting and texting working.

breiti is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow breiti On Twitter
    PIN
    please ask
    Device
    OS
    always the latest
    Liked
    0 times
    Under options/SMS do you have a phone number entry in 'Service Center'?
    Maybe the SIM card vendor knows the right one for you in China...

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by breiti View Post
    Under options/SMS do you have a phone number entry in 'Service Center'?
    Maybe the SIM card vendor knows the right one for you in China...
    That's what I'm thinking too. But then again, I don't know much about using a phone over seas.