PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Has anybody seen this?

My wife and I got Tours when they were first released. Since then she has had 1 replacement because of the track ball. Both of her phones have had a second, more strange issue. When the phone is on the home screen, sometimes the message indicator shows a red asterisk, when there are no messages in the inbox. Now since the new OS update from VZW last night, it now appears that both the message and facebook indicators are showing red asterisks with no new messages. When you goto the full apps screen, the astersisks for both are gone, just when you are on the home screen. I pull the battery and they go away, but they randomly get stuck when she gets messages and remain after she deletes them. Any ideas?

No matter where you go, there you are

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mule0331 View Post
    My wife and I got Tours when they were first released. Since then she has had 1 replacement because of the track ball. Both of her phones have had a second, more strange issue. When the phone is on the home screen, sometimes the message indicator shows a red asterisk, when there are no messages in the inbox. Now since the new OS update from VZW last night, it now appears that both the message and facebook indicators are showing red asterisks with no new messages. When you goto the full apps screen, the astersisks for both are gone, just when you are on the home screen. I pull the battery and they go away, but they randomly get stuck when she gets messages and remain after she deletes them. Any ideas?
    I have not hear this mentioned. I had a similar problem with my storm on one of the upgrades. you arent running any themes on the phones are you? BTW how the hell you been?

spiderhider is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    9000 / 9700
    OS
    5.0.0.411 / 5.0.0.421
    Liked
    0 times
    are they running os 5.0 ?

i have a similar issue on all my handsets running OS 5.0, normally i just go into the message box that has the asterix and come back out and the asterix is gone.
    Be one with your BlackBerry!

mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I have not hear this mentioned. I had a similar problem with my storm on one of the upgrades. you arent running any themes on the phones are you? BTW how the hell you been?

First of all, been busy as of late bro, but doing well. Hows the wife and kid? Both of her Tours have been flat stock phones, with stock OS's. She isnt running any themes, and the only app she has installed is slacker. Both of her phones have done the same thing, but mine didnt, and neither of my Storms did it either. And the only way to get rid of the asterisk is to pull the battery.
    No matter where you go, there you are

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    First of all, been busy as of late bro, but doing well. Hows the wife and kid? Both of her Tours have been flat stock phones, with stock OS's. She isnt running any themes, and the only app she has installed is slacker. Both of her phones have done the same thing, but mine didnt, and neither of my Storms did it either. And the only way to get rid of the asterisk is to pull the battery.
    hmm thought you said it was from face book? so that would be installed. I would want to know if you have updated facebook first to make sure that isnt the issue, and the wife is great as alway, and kid is getting soo big soo fast

mule0331 is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow mule0331 On Twitter
    PIN
    3102D902
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Your absolutely right, having a retarded momentfacebook is the only other app. Sorry bout that
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    hmm thought you said it was from face book? so that would be installed. I would want to know if you have updated facebook first to make sure that isnt the issue, and the wife is great as alway, and kid is getting soo big soo fast
    Posted via mobile device

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Your absolutely right, having a retarded momentfacebook is the only other app. Sorry bout that

Posted via mobile device
    Its ok. LOL try making sure you have the most up to date version via appworld. I am taking off before long to go shopping at 12am at toys r us. If you have problems and need more help you know where to reach me

mrhappy123 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Tour 9630
    Liked
    0 times

solution

Yes I have seen this, on my Tour, old curve, or even older Pearl,,, I can even re-create it, thru blackberry messanger to facebook.

It is usually caused by you trying to type an outgoing message while you receive an incoming message. And hense the glitch,,,

Just have a friend/wife send you another message.