Question for you Tour owners...

Thread: Question for you Tour owners...

MrWireless31 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow MrWireless31 On Twitter
    PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Question for you Tour owners...

My girlfriend has a Tour and has had it since the launch date, but recently everytime she clicks on her "Browser" icon it takes 5-7 seconds before the browser actually launches on-screen. Some sort of lag is occuring and she doesn't have alot of emails, messages, etc., battery pull doesn't fix it and it's been ongoing for several weeks now. I even updated her OS to the most recent version of 4.7 (most recent as of 1.5 weeks ago), but it didn't seem to fix the issue (at least not long term).

Somebody recommended I put 5.0 on her phone and said that should fix it, but I'm hesitant, primarily because I know that 5.0 hasn't been officially released yet and, although I'm willing to try leaked betas, I don't know that my girlfriend would be as patient. Plus, I don't even know if 5.0 would fix this problem.

Does anyone know if there is a true cause to the browser-lag issue (and more importantly, a true fix)?

For those of you running 5.0, is it indeed stable and ready for release? Or do you think it would still frustrate the normal (non-beta user) BB user? Thoughts...

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWireless31 View Post
    My girlfriend has a Tour and has had it since the launch date, but recently everytime she clicks on her "Browser" icon it takes 5-7 seconds before the browser actually launches on-screen. Some sort of lag is occuring and she doesn't have alot of emails, messages, etc., battery pull doesn't fix it and it's been ongoing for several weeks now. I even updated her OS to the most recent version of 4.7 (most recent as of 1.5 weeks ago), but it didn't seem to fix the issue (at least not long term).

Somebody recommended I put 5.0 on her phone and said that should fix it, but I'm hesitant, primarily because I know that 5.0 hasn't been officially released yet and, although I'm willing to try leaked betas, I don't know that my girlfriend would be as patient. Plus, I don't even know if 5.0 would fix this problem.

Does anyone know if there is a true cause to the browser-lag issue (and more importantly, a true fix)?

For those of you running 5.0, is it indeed stable and ready for release? Or do you think it would still frustrate the normal (non-beta user) BB user? Thoughts...
    I am not a tour owner but my wife has an 8330 on vzw.. i loaded the 5.0.0.230 leak on hers knowing like your girl she is not patient enough if it doesnt work.. she has actually said several times how great it was now compared to before. I would give it a go. I dont think you will be dissapointed.

PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    do you think the build for the Tour is as stable as the Tour's...I'll check out the findings/fixes thread for Tour OS. But I'm still curious as to whats causing the lag and/or if its just a flaw of the OS. I remember experiencing similar issues on my 8330 and that was 2 phones ago, never did figure it out...

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    do you think the build for the Tour is as stable as the Tour's...I'll check out the findings/fixes thread for Tour OS. But I'm still curious as to whats causing the lag and/or if its just a flaw of the OS. I remember experiencing similar issues on my 8330 and that was 2 phones ago, never did figure it out...
    The 8330 runs seemless now my friend.. she goes 2-3 weeks no freezing no battery pulls and the tour is at least that stable with more mem

miiike is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Liked
    0 times
    She won't be dissapointed with 5.0.0.230.

You should load the 5.0.0.273 theme on there as well, it makes everything look much nicer.

PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by miiike View Post
    She won't be dissapointed with 5.0.0.230.

You should load the 5.0.0.273 theme on there as well, it makes everything look much nicer.
    What theme would that be? Is there a link to it? Ir do you just mean the default theme?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    What theme would that be? Is there a link to it? Ir do you just mean the default theme?
    he is saying to take the precision zen theme.cod from .273 and load onto the .230 os that would give you the newer style theme.

PIN
    Just ask...
    Device
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    he is saying to take the precision zen theme.cod from .273 and load onto the .230 os that would give you the newer style theme.
    is it possible to get the precision zen theme.cod file without downloading and installing .273? I am in the process of loading .230 on my girlfriend's Tour now (because I heard good things about this build)

MzCris is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow MzCris On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask me
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the Tour running .230... LOOOOOOOVVVVVE it!!