paymentd is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    30B82418
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

BBM 5.0 vs. CICAL

Hello! I just had my girlfriend finally update BBM to 5.0 and when she did, it changed a bunch of her calendar events and then stopped showing them in her Today theme.

I then deleted all of the CICAL entries in Service Books, rebooted the phone and resent service books... hoping this would change any events to the default calendar posting them on her today screen. Unfortunately, it didn't change a thing. I also noticed that most of the events that aren't showing in her today screen at BB Group events...

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks!

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - A. Einstein

cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paymentd View Post
    Hello! I just had my girlfriend finally update BBM to 5.0 and when she did, it changed a bunch of her calendar events and then stopped showing them in her Today theme.

I then deleted all of the CICAL entries in Service Books, rebooted the phone and resent service books... hoping this would change any events to the default calendar posting them on her today screen. Unfortunately, it didn't change a thing. I also noticed that most of the events that aren't showing in her today screen at BB Group events...

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks!
    Follow the instructions here and you'll be as right as rain;
    FAQ: Merge Multiple Calendars Into One Calendar | BerryReview.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

Dukins is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    3117DA67
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks I have been looking for this type of article for a very long time. Kudos!
    Apps: Quicklaunch, BerryWeather, Call blocker, Patternlock, MemoryEye, BBFileScout, QuickPull.
    FAV. Themes: HTC 1.0 95xx - ECruz, Minimal Bold Theme & Brushed Aluminum - RSmiff, BBAmped by Natemz

PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    Thanks I have been looking for this type of article for a very long time. Kudos!
    I'm just paying it forward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

BBphreak is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow BBphreak On Twitter
    PIN
    GED your IP ;)
    Device
    9700/9000
    OS
    >>.421/.411
    Liked
    0 times
    Very Nice cj100570!! I've also been wondering if there is a way to do this as Facebook seems to give me a headache when I install a new version at times when It tries to integrate with my BB calendar and create its own CICAL entry and make unwanted entries before I can disable automatic calender integration in the Facebook app settings.

PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BBphreak View Post
    Very Nice cj100570!! I've also been wondering if there is a way to do this as Facebook seems to give me a headache when I install a new version at times when It tries to integrate with my BB calendar and create its own CICAL entry and make unwanted entries before I can disable automatic calender integration in the Facebook app settings.
    Facebook is actually the reason I sought out this info too. I used the 2nd part of the how to and it definitely cured my issues. I'm glad I've been able to share it with others. In my travels to other BB sites I've found that this seems to be a persistent issue that many are seeking a resolution to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"