Torch 9850 - To Sprint or to Verizon, that is the question.
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Torch 9850 - To Sprint or to Verizon, that is the question.

  1. #1
    horangi7's Avatar
    horangi7 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow horangi7 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    PIN
    Just Ask
    Device
    9850/9930
    OS
    7.1.0.402
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    47
    Liked
    20 times

    Torch 9850 - To Sprint or to Verizon, that is the question.

    So who is going to pick up a Torch 9850 tomorrow from Sprint? Or are you Verizon peeps going to hold out and see if they get off their rears and release it?

    I myself am going to hold out and wait for Verizon and hope they actually release it, but I will be stopping by my local Sprint store tomorrow to check it out for myself.
    TheOnlyJrod likes this.


    @horangi7


  2. #2
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,833
    Liked
    1502 times
    I have the Verizon 9930 already, love the keyboard style. But I will be also taking a look at my local Sprint store as well at the 9850. I've seen videos, but yet to handle one myself.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  3. #3
    DbLoCk3NiNe's Avatar
    DbLoCk3NiNe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Device
    Torch 9850
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Posts
    23
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    I have the Verizon 9930 already, love the keyboard style. But I will be also taking a look at my local Sprint store as well at the 9850. I've seen videos, but yet to handle one myself.
    I was able to play with one the other day, its really nice but Bold 9930 feels and looks better to me. I really don't like the hardware keys on the Torch 9850 but it isn't a deal breaker. I was so surprise on how light both phones were also. I'm getting mines today :-D, but I don't know which model. Sprint is doing a web special right now on the Bold, bringing down the price to $199.99 now that's a great deal.
    Last edited by DbLoCk3NiNe; 08-21-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Joe Jerde likes this.

  4. #4
    jerry12's Avatar
    jerry12 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greenville , NC
    PIN
    32FE4F87
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    V7.0.0.374 / 1739
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by horangi7 View Post
    So who is going to pick up a Torch 9850 tomorrow from Sprint? Or are you Verizon peeps going to hold out and see if they get off their rears and release it.

    I myself am going to hold out and wait for Verizon and hope they actually release it, but I will be stopping by my local Sprint store tomorrow to check it out for myself.
    A little Birdie told me Verizon will release the 9850 this week & they are due in the stores any day.

  5. #5
    jerry12's Avatar
    jerry12 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greenville , NC
    PIN
    32FE4F87
    Device
    Bold 9930
    OS
    V7.0.0.374 / 1739
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Posts
    32
    Liked
    7 times
    Sprint's service is not to good in eastern North Carolina we are a rural area and have some spread out areas that Sprint & AT&T don't like to put towers.

  6. #6
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,833
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DbLoCk3NiNe View Post
    I was able to play with one the other day, its really nice but Bold 9930 feels and looks better to me. I really don't like the hardware keys on the Torch 9850 but it isn't a deal breaker. I was so surprise on how light both phones were also. I'm looking mines today :-D, but I don't how which model. Sprint is doing a web special right now on the Bold, bringing down the price to $199.99 and that's a great deal.
    That's a pretty good deal. $50 bucks less than most contract prices. Let us know what you decide to go with.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

  7. #7
    DbLoCk3NiNe's Avatar
    DbLoCk3NiNe is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Device
    Torch 9850
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Posts
    23
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jerde View Post
    That's a pretty good deal. $50 bucks less than most contract prices. Let us know what you decide to go with.
    I went with the Torch 9850, mainly on the screen size and since I'm use to all touchscreen phones. I been using touchscreen only phones since the HTC Touch (2007) on Sprint.

  8. #8
    AgentBlackBerry's Avatar
    AgentBlackBerry is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow AgentBlackBerry On Twitter Add AgentBlackBerry on Facebook Add AgentBlackBerry on Google+
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York
    PIN
    2ADD0724
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    10.2.0.1443
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Posts
    2,015
    Liked
    478 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DbLoCk3NiNe View Post
    I went with the Torch 9850, mainly on the screen size and since I'm use to all touchscreen phones. I been using touchscreen only phones since the HTC Touch (2007) on Sprint.
    I'm telling you, the Torch touch is an underrated device... it will be the one that drives the people that could care less about a great keyboard away from droid phones
    DbLoCk3NiNe likes this.
    Click the Like link in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Resource Center ~ Rules and Guidelines ~ Download Center

  9. #9
    Joe Jerde's Avatar
    Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    10.0.9.2743
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Posts
    7,833
    Liked
    1502 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentBlackBerry View Post
    I'm telling you, the Torch touch is an underrated device... it will be the one that drives the people that could care less about a great keyboard away from droid phones
    I agree, it has a bigger screen and great resolution.

    Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint BlackBerry 7 Lineup Includes Bold 9930 and Torch 9850
    By AgentBlackBerry in forum BlackBerry News and Rumors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 10:17 PM
  2. Verizon release dates leaked online for BlackBerry Torch 9850 and Bold Touch?
    By TwistMyMind in forum BlackBerry News and Rumors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 08:20 PM
  3. Sprint branded BlackBerry Torch 9850 makes an appearance
    By TwistMyMind in forum BlackBerry Torch 9850/9860
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 09:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •