NEW: Video of upcoming BlackBerry Monaco (Storm 3) leaks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW: Video of upcoming BlackBerry Monaco (Storm 3) leaks!

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times

NEW: Video of upcoming BlackBerry Monaco (Storm 3) leaks!

[ Mobile? Click Here for Video ]

This video of the upcoming BlackBerry Monaco (or Storm 3) was leaked on YouTube earlier today and since has been yanked and revived again for our viewing pleasure. I really like the look of the device, but it does appear to be not so responsive for a 1.2 GHz CPU. This is most likely due to an early software on the device. Also, it's a bit hard to see, but it appears as if there is no front facing camera on the device, but then again, this device is probably a early prototype. Can't see the Monaco being released without a front facing camera with Android and iPhone making the front camera standard for video chat. Another important detail to notice is the Verizon name on the back. It looks as if Verizon will carry some, if not all, of the upcoming BlackBerry devices.

Thoughts?...

Click the button in the bottom right of a post to say thanks!
    Downloads Center | Rules and Guidelines l BlackBerry 10 Zone

basshunter is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow basshunter On Twitter
    PIN
    314CA2AD
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Carrier
    VodafoneAU
    Liked
    8 times
    Ohhh! Flippin' finally! My thoughts are that it's quite a nice upgrade from my Storm2. It may not be ahead of some android and iphone devices when released, but it's a very nice step ahead for BlackBerry with their full screen touch devices The higher resolution display and new OS sold me haha.

Joe Jerde is offline Owner | President Follow Joe Jerde On Twitter Add Joe Jerde on Facebook Add Joe Jerde on Google+ Add Joe Jerde on Linkedin Visit Joe Jerde's Youtube Channel
    Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by basshunter View Post
    Ohhh! Flippin' finally! My thoughts are that it's quite a nice upgrade from my Storm2. It may not be ahead of some android and iphone devices when released, but it's a very nice step ahead for BlackBerry with their full screen touch devices The higher resolution display and new OS sold me haha.
    Like I said, it is a leaked video and could have been taken months ago, so we don't know for sure what will be on the model at release.

era3z is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow era3z On Twitter
    PIN
    256f68a* (ask =p)
    Device
    Cars, Medicine Tennis, Basketball, Billiards Comics, Mystery novels Mr.bean (shqip), The Bodyguard f
    Liked
    3 times
    It MAY be a Monaco / storm 3.... but why all laggy?? Thought it's gonna be 1ghz processor and more RAM.... With all those lag, it's a downgrade for me ._."

TwistMyMind is offline Editor In Chief Follow TwistMyMind On Twitter Add TwistMyMind on Facebook Add TwistMyMind on Google+ Add TwistMyMind on Linkedin Visit TwistMyMind's Youtube Channel
    Device
    Passport
    OS
    Carrier
    Telus
    Liked
    296 times
    looks like an early prototype....

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    Right, it also appears to be running OS 6 at the moment. The monaco will be released with OS 6.1. Not sure how much the difference will be, but it should be enough to notice right away.

basshunter is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow basshunter On Twitter
    PIN
    314CA2AD
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Carrier
    VodafoneAU
    Liked
    8 times
    If this device has minimum specs that are at LEAST double that of a Storm2, I reckon that's a fair start. Double memory, screen res, CPU, camera, stuff like that. Maybe not size and weight though.... It sure has a nice look about it.

RobinM is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow RobinM On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 9520
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Typical RIM progression.
    Storm 9520 v5.0.0.973 :hail:http://ewites.com/ubbthreads/images/...efault/nwl.gif
    Ya canny beat a good leak! :fing02:

ggr-storm1 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    305D608D
    Device
    9530 (Storm 1)
    OS
    Liked
    3 times
    If it doesn't have a front facing camera, RIM should get out of the business. Iphone 5, here I come!

claxan is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow claxan On Twitter
    PIN
    30FE8BDA
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    v5.0.0.1015
    Liked
    0 times
    it looks to me like this is the new Touch screen bold, not the storm 3. Besides RIM want to make the Storm 3 have QNX, not OS6.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggr-storm1 View Post
    If it doesn't have a front facing camera, RIM should get out of the business. Iphone 5, here I come!
    While I think that any future RIM device should come with a front cam for video chat, I was talking with BBOS team member, twistmymind, and perhaps the BlackBerry won't see a front camera until QNX comes with devices. Looking at the PlayBook with QNX and a front camera, this would be a safe assumption. But... only a assumption at this point.

Spidersweb is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    312C58A8
    Device
    Strom 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.607/672
    Liked
    1 times
    I am really sick of seeing news about the Storm3. The darn phone should have been out by now (WTH.)
    Let go of it already !!!
    Joe Jerde likes this.
    All the World is a Stage..., and if you don't act right, I'm cutting off your Mic. :147:

kydd54 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    23BE2848
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    ok so my opinion is that RIM is very ****ty when it come to their Black Berry Phones, look how the Playbook is such a kick *** compare to their phone.. So much disappointment in the video i saw nuff loggin for the so call Storm 3, come on i know they can do better but they will keep making these phone with little changes to make $$$. question for who ever read this. HOW MUCH BLACKBERRY PHONES RIM MADE, HOW MUCH OUT OF THE TOTAL ARE ACTUALLY GOOD PHONES ??

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kydd54 View Post
    ok so my opinion is that RIM is very ****ty when it come to their Black Berry Phones, look how the Playbook is such a kick *** compare to their phone.. So much disappointment in the video i saw nuff loggin for the so call Storm 3, come on i know they can do better but they will keep making these phone with little changes to make $$$. question for who ever read this. HOW MUCH BLACKBERRY PHONES RIM MADE, HOW MUCH OUT OF THE TOTAL ARE ACTUALLY GOOD PHONES ??
    While I agree with some of your contentions, RIM has always been about their BIS and BES service along with BBM which keeps them going strong. I got thinking about it as to why there would be no front facing camera on the upcoming devices and it hit me. Perhaps this is to sway users into having to continue using BBM rather than having another option for easy video chat with friends. I really think that RIM needs to figure out a way to integrate video chat with BBM. Video chat is becoming the norm. It won't replace sms, texting, BBM, ect, but it will have it's place in future devices.

PIN
    23BE2848
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph jerde View Post
    while i agree with some of your contentions, rim has always been about their bis and bes service along with bbm which keeps them going strong. I got thinking about it as to why there would be no front facing camera on the upcoming devices and it hit me. Perhaps this is to sway users into having to continue using bbm rather than having another option for easy video chat with friends. I really think that rim needs to figure out a way to integrate video chat with bbm. Video chat is becoming the norm. It won't replace sms, texting, bbm, ect, but it will have it's place in future devices.
    i know they can do way better look at that play book omg it seem awesome the capability the performance the power its like a magical device

rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Liked
    1 times
    After seeing TAT apps for the Playbook I'm a little bored looking at this storm 3. I'm sure the laggy OS will be fixed by release. This is nothing new and exciting. Its the same OS 6 that has been out. I was hoping the icons or layout was a little different. This is still OS 6 and lacking apps. I dont care if they call it 6.1 its nothing new. Why didn't RIM work on a QNX phone sooner? They put all there time and energy into the Playbook and put the BlackBerry phone on hold for innovation. They started working on a new project (Playbook) without fixing the problems they already have with BlackBerry owners today (outdated phones,lack of apps,laggy OS).

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    After seeing TAT apps for the Playbook I'm a little bored looking at this storm 3. I'm sure the laggy OS will be fixed by release. This is nothing new and exciting. Its the same OS 6 that has been out. I was hoping the icons or layout was a little different. This is still OS 6 and lacking apps. I dont care if they call it 6.1 its nothing new. Why didn't RIM work on a QNX phone sooner? They put all there time and energy into the Playbook and put the BlackBerry phone on hold for innovation. They started working on a new project (Playbook) without fixing the problems they already have with BlackBerry owners today (outdated phones,lack of apps,laggy OS).
    The delay for QNX to devices could also be they aren't ready to adjust the hardware to go with a high powered OS. Which is why the bigger PlayBook has QNX and the smaller devices are getting OS 6.1.

PIN
    23BE2848
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Jerde View Post
    The delay for QNX to devices could also be they aren't ready to adjust the hardware to go with a high powered OS. Which is why the bigger PlayBook has QNX and the smaller devices are getting OS 6.1.
    they can they just buying time to make more money, fact is most people don't study their blackberry phones performance buh once they can send bbm an go online facebook ect that it its good enough for them as for those people they are living in the stone age

rookietrader is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow rookietrader On Twitter
    PIN
    on pluto...available upon request
    Device
    9550/9700
    OS
    5.0.0.983, OS 6.0.0.344
    Liked
    1 times
    Is this BB to be 4G? Years ago when the storm 3 was rumored on this board it was talk about the Storm 3 being LTE ready. I just haven't heard that lately with this Storm 3.

Device
    BlackBerry Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Liked
    1504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
    Is this BB to be 4G? Years ago when the storm 3 was rumored on this board it was talk about the Storm 3 being LTE ready. I just haven't heard that lately with this Storm 3.
    No, I don't believe it will be 4G when released, but it will be up to standard on most other areas of competition. Here is the list of specs....

• 1.2GHz processor
    • 3.7-inch 800 x 480 capacitive display
    • Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    • Tri-band UMTS/HSPA
    • 5-megapixel camera with 720p video recording
    • 8GB eMMC (storage for apps and data), 512MB of RAM
    • microSD slot
    • Magnetometer
    • Proximity sensor
    • Accelerometer
    • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    • 2.4GHz b/g/n and 5GHz a/n Wi-Fi + UMA
    • 3G Mobile hotspot
    • Optical trackpad
    • 1230 mAh battery
    • BlackBerry OS 6.1
    • OpenGL ES 2.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast